Adults that do paper routes in 2012

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
I sort of felt I was TOO OLD for the job in the summer of 1969 - when I was 15.

shouldbe a kids job

I won't and don't let my children go out at 2, 3 or 4 in the morning to deliver papers. Sorry, i want them to live to adult hood.

I have almost always had adult newspaper delivery, in rural areas kids cannot cover the long, and dangerous dirt roads. With most papers at LEAST $1.00 cents a day, $2 on Sunday, newspaper delivery isn't a starvation job, unless one is lazy. I understand many, not all CONs, cannot accept hard work.

shouldbe a kids job

it's called supply side economics

and no...it shouldn't be an adult's job.

I'm in my late twenties, and for six months, from February to August last year, I delivered the local paper every Thursday morning. I wanted some extra cash, so was working five days a week at one job, and doing the paper delivery on the side. I was only getting $16 for the day, plus extra for catalogs, but it helped me out.

Most of the people around here who deliver the paper are either uni students, or elderly folk, trying to make a little extra cash.

Plus, you get exercise, because you are outside in the fresh air. Its a good job if you can hack it.

shouldbe a kids job

it's called supply side economics

and no...it shouldn't be an adult's job.

It my area of the state it DOES need to be an adult job! Much of the county is dirt roads that see at least one tropical storm every two years (two this year already, plus some rain bands from Isaac). Nearby, an Interstate, and two busy state highways. Not an area a teenager can handle safely. The feeder road into US 301 goes by both the Interstate AND the Walmart Super Center.

In June 39 roads washed out in this small county, no child should hazard that.

I made good money in the late eighties being a McDonalds closing manager and auditor.

They still earn good money.

Become the boss of a McDonalds store and get a company car, and free holidays to whether you want to go, plus get a salary of around $80,000 a year.

Its better than being a doctor, which is sad.

Forum List

Back