Admit your black face sins

TheDude

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2016
U.S.A. gone wild
Office party years ago in a liberal setting. The girls begged me to dress-up as Michael Jackson for a thriller theme. I did it all up, threw on an Afro too, and some blood across my nose to account for "nose enhancements". Until today I didn't recognize my sin against man-kind. I thought it was all in fun.

I committed a great offense. Admit to your blackface sins.

well you'll never be in politics now.

unless you run as a democrat.

My momma dress me an my brothers up as Mexican Bandit's on Halloween in 1960 something, she used brown face on us, does that count?

Office party years ago in a liberal setting. The girls begged me to dress-up as Michael Jackson for a thriller theme. I did it all up, threw on an Afro too, and some blood across my nose to account for "nose enhancements". Until today I didn't recognize my sin against man-kind. I thought it was all in fun.

You've offended the Lord of Pop terribly. Now grab your crotch five times and recite "Beat It" three times and you will be forgiven.

I proudly dressed up a couple of times in Blackface when I was younger to ridicule the Negroes. I don't give a rats ass if any of those shitheads are offended.

images

Not being a Southerner or White Folk who has moved down south, I really never saw most Blackface stuff as entertaining or funny.

Everything demands context. The context lately is how white people down south have not shed the shame of the Confederacy or it's culture

I proudly dressed up a couple of times in Blackface when I was younger to ridicule the Negroes. I don't give a rats ass if any of those shitheads are offended.
wow! Did you go into a black neighborhood alone like that?

so brave

well you'll never be in politics now.

unless you run as a democrat.
actually Democrats are killing the careers of those men down south. White Conservative Christian Southerners have kept the confederacy culture alive

The GOP defends their MAcaca Pols

George Allen (American politician) - Wikipedia
George Felix Allen (born March 8, 1952) is an American politician. A member of the Republican Party, he served as the 67th Governor of Virginia from 1994 to 1998 and as a United States Senator from Virginia from ..... In what was dubbed as his "Macaca moment", Allen said: "This fellow here over here with the yellow shirt, ...​

Let me know when folks start confessing all of their "I mocked Jews in concentration camps" sins.....

I am sure that I will be waiting for centuries tho......seems like mocking black people is far more catchy....

Two buddies and me went to a Richard Pryor concert decades ago, in Detroit. We joked at time about doing black face and Afro, to blend in. There weren’t many white folks in the crowd.

Do we need to repent too?

PS - we loved Pryor. Does that save us?

Therein lies the difference

Blackface to celebrate slavery or demean a race...is racist.

Dressing up as Michael Jackson ...not so much

I once spent 40 years of my life trying to learn to play a guitar like some old black man in the 1930's

But one day I woke up and realized I wasn't some old black man, and it wasn't the 1930's.

Does that count?

not going to get into micro-slicing this shit around. if the dems want to go nuts and call an act evil, then it's evil when they do it too. this "well this is different because of" is sheer bullshit.

not going to get into micro-slicing this shit around. if the dems want to go nuts and call an act evil, then it's evil when they do it too. this "well this is different because of" is sheer bullshit.

It's all they do. I was in a thread earlier today and someone actually tried to say believing Ford without any evidence was different than believing Tyson without any evidence, because.............

Halloween 1982. I was like 6 and I wanted to be an army man. There are Polaroids out there. Hey wasn’t going for black dude, more like super deadly killer of Russian dogs.

It's all they do. I was in a thread earlier today and someone actually tried to say believing Ford without any evidence was different than believing Tyson without any evidence, because.............
i simply can't play that game. if i'm going to expect others to live by my own standards, then at a minimum i should live by them first.

Forum List

Back