Administration ‘Proud’ of Afghanistan Withdrawal

You know that's ^^^^^ a lie.
More like $8 Billion.

Thanks to trump not withdrawing the equipment when he withdrew the majority of the troops.

Answer that asshat.

Trump withdrew 11,500 troops and left their equipment behind
He had no budget or plans to withdraw their equipment

Trump withdrew 11,500 troops and left their equipment behind
He had no budget or plans to withdraw their equipment
He did order the withdrawals but if I'm not mistaken, during their testimony the Generals discuss the issue. If I remember correctly they were in charge after the presidents gave their orders and the General say they most assuredly gave the order to degrade any weapon or system before they left. It's SOP. If you can believe our top ranked Generals

He did order the withdrawals but if I'm not mistaken, during their testimony the Generals discuss the issue. If I remember correctly they were in charge after the presidents gave their orders and the General say they most assuredly gave the order to degrade any weapon or system before they left. It's SOP. If you can believe our top ranked Generals
As a rule, we don’t evacuate our military equipment from foreign engagements.
This equipment had been in Afghanistan for up to 20 years, it’s useable life was gone. It is not worth the expense to ship it half way around the world.
Like you said, it is decommissioned and left behind

Another TDS delusion
how the hell is that a delusion, GOP was firmly in control when all that stuff happened And they actually caused it. Meanwhile you are all up in arms about Biden getting out of Afghanistan on Trump's plan, totally misinformed by our intelligence services, and none of you even know that it was ISIS that killed our servicemen and 170 others, enemies of the Taliban.**** happens especially when it is the GOPS fault, stupidest wars ever and world depressions through corrupt deregulation. Great job!

and.... more crap GOP propaganda as always....

Dems never identify the actual problem so they never fix anything. This is a classic example.
BS. everything the GOP base knows is totally garbage anti American hateful propaganda. no our DOJ CIA FBI public servants election officials judges prosecutors etc etc are not corrupt.... Just your lying scumbag heroes....

Did you read your own posted article which was published in June 2022?
The article says 200.
How about you provide a current update>
How about you try keeping up with the news?

Veterans give searing testimony on US withdrawal from Afghanistan at hearing

Witnesses described the chaos and panic of the 2021 US departure during the Republican inquiry, which had people in tears at times
Lauren Gambino
@laurenegambino
Thu 9 Mar 2023 11.38 EST
[...]
“What happened in Afghanistan was a systemic breakdown of the federal government at every level,” Congressman Michael McCaul, the Republican chair of the foreign affairs committee, said in his opening remarks, vowing to hold to account every administration official responsible for what he said was the “abdication of the most basic duties of the United States government to protect Americans and leave no one behind”.
[...]
In the chaos, McCaul said the US left more than “1,000 American citizens” in Afghanistan as well as “almost 200,000” Afghan allies. To those “left behind”, the Republican chair said he was committed to getting them “the hell out of there”.

[My highlight above]

Biden%20v%20Trump%20plan-M.jpg

08%2017%202021%20Afgan%20Blood-M.jpg

Last edited:
How about you try keeping up with the news?

Veterans give searing testimony on US withdrawal from Afghanistan at hearing

Witnesses described the chaos and panic of the 2021 US departure during the Republican inquiry, which had people in tears at times
Lauren Gambino
@laurenegambino
Thu 9 Mar 2023 11.38 EST
[...]
“What happened in Afghanistan was a systemic breakdown of the federal government at every level,” Congressman Michael McCaul, the Republican chair of the foreign affairs committee, said in his opening remarks, vowing to hold to account every administration official responsible for what he said was the “abdication of the most basic duties of the United States government to protect Americans and leave no one behind”.
[...]
In the chaos, McCaul said the US left more than “1,000 American citizens” in Afghanistan as well as “almost 200,000” Afghan allies. To those “left behind”, the Republican chair said he was committed to getting them “the hell out of there”.

[My highlight above]

Biden%20v%20Trump%20plan-M.jpg

08%2017%202021%20Afgan%20Blood-M.jpg
there was this little problem, brainwashed functional moron. The intelligence agency said the Afghan military would hold on for six months and they lasted about 6 minutes. Thank God Joe got us out of there- probably we might still be there if the Republicans had been in charge....

there was this little problem, brainwashed functional moron. The intelligence agency said the Afghan military would hold on for six months and they lasted about 6 minutes. Thank God Joe got us out of there- probably we might still be there if the Republicans had been in charge....
Churchill-S.jpg

Yet the remaining troops did the job they were suppose to do. And none of them died for 18 months.
The 2500 troops protected by the truce until May 1st? All the other troops Trump removed in 2020 without holding the Taliban to the Doha Accord conditions their removal was supposed to be based on. Why did he do that? Will the Neo-GOP ever acknowledge that he did it?

As a rule, we don’t evacuate our military equipment from foreign engagements.
This equipment had been in Afghanistan for up to 20 years, it’s useable life was gone. It is not worth the expense to ship it half way around the world.
Like you said, it is decommissioned and left behind

Blindboo said "degrade"

Degrade = Decommission ?

Who knew? Most would think it meant something more like destroy.

Anyways, the world sees what Biden did was not from strength, but from weakness.
It certainly has empowered China, Russia, and even North Korea, and Iran.

I guess it's just another redefining of a word, this time, 'proud'.

The 2500 troops protected by the truce until May 1st? All the other troops Trump removed in 2020 without holding the Taliban to the Doha Accord conditions their removal was supposed to be based on. Why did he do that? Will the Neo-GOP ever acknowledge that he did it?
They held them just fine patrolling with drones.

They held them just fine patrolling with drones.
We were conducting air strikes in support of the Afghan Army until late July.

Here I found another section of testimony to support my position that the Trump withdrawals in 2020 were basically unconditional.

The decision to leave Afghanistan was made by President Trump in his administration on February 29th, 2020, where we committed to leave by a date certain. There was a particular provision or a condition, if you will, about negotiations between the Taliban and the Afghan government. There was even a date specified; March 10th, 2020, less than two weeks after the signing of the Doha Agreement. Clearly that condition was not met.

Senator King: (01:50:06)
My question is, and General Milley, you were the only one who overlapped the two administrations. Were there any efforts on behalf of the prior administration to enforce that condition of negotiation with the Afghan government and the Taliban?

General Milley: (01:50:25)
Senator, as I said in my opening remarks, the conditions that were required of the Taliban, none of them were met except one.

Senator King: (01:50:34)
My question is, did we attempt to enforce those conditions? Did we inform the Taliban, for example, we won’t advocate for the release of 5,000 prisoners, unless you begin negotiations or something similar?

General Milley: (01:50:47)
I don’t have personal knowledge of that, whether or not [inaudible 01:50:51] or others were personally saying that, I don’t have personal knowledge of that, but I do know that none of the conditions were met except the one which, “Don’t attack American forces and coalition forces.” That condition was-

Senator King: (01:51:03)
The conditions were not met, but you testified that the troop withdrawals and the release of the 5,000 Taliban prisoners did proceed, even though the conditions had not been met, is that correct?

General Milley: (01:51:14)
That is correct.

how the hell is that a delusion, GOP was firmly in control when all that stuff happened And they actually caused it. Meanwhile you are all up in arms about Biden getting out of Afghanistan on Trump's plan, totally misinformed by our intelligence services, and none of you even know that it was ISIS that killed our servicemen and 170 others, enemies of the Taliban.**** happens especially when it is the GOPS fault, stupidest wars ever and world depressions through corrupt deregulation. Great job!
Biden did it his way that's why you dumbass

Forum List

Back