Adding To My Bass Family

GMCGeneral

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2020
For me to know and you not to find out.
DSC00123.JPG
StingRay.jpg

OK gearheads, here we go. For most of my 41 years' worth of holding down the bassline, I've mostly played passive Fenders. I've owned three each Precisions; a 1978, 72 converted to fretless, and my current 2011 American Standard. I've also owned three fretless Jazz Basses including a 1999 Standard (MIM), a 2001 American Standard, and my current 2018 modded Player Series. Back around 2002, I was looking at going to a Music Man Stingray to become my main player, but circumstances would not allow it and I ended up trading the two Fenders I had at that time (My '78 P and '99 Jazz) for an Ibanez SR400 Soundgear. That was my first active bass and had plenty of punch. The neck was actually slimmer than a Jazz Bass, but had the cheapest tuners on the planet. Then I went to two BTBs before going back to a passive Fender Precision in 2012. Fast forward 11 years, I still own that Precision and bought my Player Fretless in early 2019. Made some mods to that one and plays like butter with firepower to match. Now I am looking to add this black beauty TO my arsenal not to replace my other basses, but to add to it. This is the Sterling version of the MusicMan Stingray with the 3 band active EQ. The only things I plan to do before breaking it in is to change out the generic import tuning machines with some actual Schaller MusicMan style tuners and the strap buttons as I use a single strap with Dunlop straplocks. So...
Whaddaythank?

That last one looks interesting. Never saw that one before. You can never have too much bass, that's why I've devoted two 18" woofers and a 15" subwoofer powered by a 50 pound linear magnet structure driven by 2600 watts to make sure I can crack plaster.

I was particularly fond of the Brassmaster bass module.

View attachment 775234View attachment 775235
OK gearheads, here we go. For most of my 41 years' worth of holding down the bassline, I've mostly played passive Fenders. I've owned three each Precisions; a 1978, 72 converted to fretless, and my current 2011 American Standard. I've also owned three fretless Jazz Basses including a 1999 Standard (MIM), a 2001 American Standard, and my current 2018 modded Player Series. Back around 2002, I was looking at going to a Music Man Stingray to become my main player, but circumstances would not allow it and I ended up trading the two Fenders I had at that time (My '78 P and '99 Jazz) for an Ibanez SR400 Soundgear. That was my first active bass and had plenty of punch. The neck was actually slimmer than a Jazz Bass, but had the cheapest tuners on the planet. Then I went to two BTBs before going back to a passive Fender Precision in 2012. Fast forward 11 years, I still own that Precision and bought my Player Fretless in early 2019. Made some mods to that one and plays like butter with firepower to match. Now I am looking to add this black beauty TO my arsenal not to replace my other basses, but to add to it. This is the Sterling version of the MusicMan Stingray with the 3 band active EQ. The only things I plan to do before breaking it in is to change out the generic import tuning machines with some actual Schaller MusicMan style tuners and the strap buttons as I use a single strap with Dunlop straplocks. So...
Whaddaythank?
IMG_2607.jpeg

Forum List

Back