Actual gun defense..robber has gun pointed at victims...and loses to armed good guy...

As the others have said....anytime you are confronted by another human it is a violent situation.....since you can't read minds and they have already broken the law several times just by confronting you or getting into the position where there is a confrontation......and of the 17,000 you claim are accidents...only 6-700 result in death....out of over 320 million guns in private hands, with over 11.1 million people actually carrying guns for self defense....

It is so insignificant a number that it is just silly for you to hang your hat on it.......

Why are you guys so scared? You have pointed out most homicides are gang related. If you aren't involved in criminal activity this is a very safe country. Why do you think our country is so scary?

Technically, I don't. But murder and crime happen everyday, in all parts of the world....including very safe places......the family in CT. was pointed out......the mom and the one daughter went to the store......the husband at home taking a nap....the other daughter busy doing her thing at the home...........and the mom and the daughter are followed home from the store by 2 monsters.....who proceed to beat the crap out of the husband with a bat, and then rape the mother and 2 daughters, and end up burning them alive in their home....

Tell me brain.......do you think anyone in that family thought that would be how their day ended?

Over 300 million people in the country. How often you think that happens?

If you want to live your life by statistics then feel free. I choose to be a little more proactive in my life

That is your choice.

You're finally getting it huh?

Other people's choices are none of your business

So brain.....281,000 rapes as a result of burglaries......I guess those women should just accept getting raped too........and 623,000 aggravated (felony) assaults....to unarmed victims.......guess they should just man up and take it.....right?

Lawyers Guns Burglars

B. Confrontation with Unprotected Victims

When burglars do encounter victims who cannot protect themselves, the results can be tragic. In thirty percent of these cases, the victim is assaulted or threatened. [FN101] In ten percent of these cases, the burglaries turn into rapes. [FN102] Over the ten-year period of 1973-82, this meant 623,000 aggravated (felony) assaults and 281,000 rapes. [FN103] [FN104]
Lots of women didn't get raped.

By Brian's logic, rape is not a problem.

Only scaredy cats fear rape or any other violent crime.

Bureau of Justice statistics......3% of completed burglaries when someone is home ends in rape...page 9....

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/vdhb.pdf

A rape or sexual assault occurred in about 3% of households experiencing a completed burglary.

Well....if it only 3%....then those rapes are okay....right?

Well how many of those are then defendable? When I read about these the victim is often surprised in her sleep.

How often is the criminal armed and so it might change from rape to murder?

I think a good alarm system would be better.

Let's see the alarm company first calls you if the alarm goes off. If you have a gun to your head you don't pick up. Then they call your next 2 contacts on their list then they call the cops and in my case it takes at least 30 minutes for a cop to get to me.

So how long is a person supposed to wait ?

Why don't you google Home Invasions(insert any city USA) and learn a little about what is going on, before you pontificate on what people need or do not need for protection in their own areas?

WTF is wrong with you people that can't just mind your own business?

Don't like the statistics? You don't need to be so scared.
Anyone who disagrees with you is scared?

Dream on.

Why are you so offended by statistics? Why do you get mad that your country isn't this scary place?

The country isn't scary but that doesn't mean that there aren't dangerous people in it now does it?

You are exhibiting naivete to the point of brain damage if you believe nothing can happen to you

And you are naive if you think everyone with a gun is safer. Was the bra holster woman safer?

You can't cure stupid.

I don't make personal choices based on the idiocy of others.

Tell me have you ever been swimming?

Don't you know that people drown?

You better not ever swim again.

Why are you guys so scared? You have pointed out most homicides are gang related. If you aren't involved in criminal activity this is a very safe country. Why do you think our country is so scary?

Technically, I don't. But murder and crime happen everyday, in all parts of the world....including very safe places......the family in CT. was pointed out......the mom and the one daughter went to the store......the husband at home taking a nap....the other daughter busy doing her thing at the home...........and the mom and the daughter are followed home from the store by 2 monsters.....who proceed to beat the crap out of the husband with a bat, and then rape the mother and 2 daughters, and end up burning them alive in their home....

Tell me brain.......do you think anyone in that family thought that would be how their day ended?

If you want to live your life by statistics then feel free. I choose to be a little more proactive in my life

That is your choice.

You act like I've said make guns illegal. I've said for many they are not made safer. If someone chooses to carry i want them to have all the facts. Why is that such a problem for you?

That is your choice.

You act like I've said make guns illegal. I've said for many they are not made safer. If someone chooses to carry i want them to have all the facts. Why is that such a problem for you?

They already know the risks. They don't need your opinion

Bureau of Justice statistics......3% of completed burglaries when someone is home ends in rape...page 9....

A rape or sexual assault occurred in about 3% of households experiencing a completed burglary.

Well how many of those are then defendable? When I read about these the victim is often surprised in her sleep.

Let's see the alarm company first calls you if the alarm goes off. If you have a gun to your head you don't pick up. Then they call your next 2 contacts on their list then they call the cops and in my case it takes at least 30 minutes for a cop to get to me.

The alarm keeps the gun from getting to your head so quickly. And now the intruder needs to worry about police or neighbors coming. Most will go find an easier target.

That is your choice.

I'm not sure they do. Most on this board don't really seem to know.

Don't like the statistics? You don't need to be so scared.

Dream on.

Why are you so offended by statistics? Why do you get mad that your country isn't this scary place?

The country isn't scary but that doesn't mean that there aren't dangerous people in it now does it?

You are exhibiting naivete to the point of brain damage if you believe nothing can happen to you

And you are naive if you think everyone with a gun is safer. Was the bra holster woman safer?

You can't cure stupid.

It's unlikely to happen if you don't swim alone and lifeguards are there.

If they get a gun to your head before you can grab a phone, you don't have time to grab a gun either.

The alarm keeps the gun from getting to your head so quickly. And now the intruder needs to worry about police or neighbors coming. Most will go find an easier target.

Again your opinion.

People know that alarms do not mean instantaneous police intervention

Dream on.

You can't cure stupid.

Yet people still drown every year

So you better not go in the water.

Do you live in fear of fires and car accidents too?

Again your opinion.

There are some good statistics out there on alarms.

That is your choice.

They know. Every gun owner knows.

The world is full of stupid people who do stupid things. Why do you want to base your behavior on what stupid people do?

You can't cure stupid.

I'm not scared, hence why I dont feel the need to carry a gun everywhere.

Again your opinion.

Depends on where you live doesn't it?

Like I said it will take a cop at least 30 minutes to get to me.

That is your choice.

They know. Every gun owner knows.

The world is full of stupid people who do stupid things. Why do you want to base your behavior on what stupid people do?

They sure are good at hiding it then.

You can't cure stupid.

You live your life based on accident statistics.

So you are obviously afraid of accidents.

And I have already said that I don't carry a gun everywhere.

A gun is a tool that is all.

Again your opinion.

Depends on where you live doesn't it?

Like I said it will take a cop at least 30 minutes to get to me.

Sure does. Cop might be in the neighborhood and could be much shorter.

You can't cure stupid.

You live your life based on accident statistics.

So you are obviously afraid of accidents.

And I have already said that I don't carry a gun everywhere.

A gun is a tool that is all.

Nope. Need a car to go places.

Forum List

Back