Actual Christianans Who Think That the Trump Administration-Including Pence- is Un-Christian

Given the "conservatives' " ongoing attempts to destroy the faith founded on the teachings of Jesus, I don't know what to think anymore.

What have I seen today? Someone named Fritts in the news, identifying himself as a Christian, calling for the deaths of LGBTQ people. Another attempt to destroy the Christian faith, advocating murder.

Somewhere over ten years ago, I actually got up one snowy morning and made it into church (moi?) just to hear a retired bishop and noted Christian author, who was conducting a service near me (I had read his books). In the receiving line, I told him that he was saving my faith in Christianity as I have always thought that so much of what has been declared in its name was absolute BS. He told me (to paraphrase it) that 90+ percent of it is, but there is something underneath (hidden jewels if you wish) that is totally worth digging for and preserving.

When I was a teenager, I visited the purported last earthly home of Jesus' mother in Turkey
House of the Virgin Mary - Wikipedia
There were so many Christian and Muslim faithful there praying side-by-side. It was a genuinely moving experience that has stayed with me throughout my life.

I hope that the teachings of Jesus survive and influence humanity. By saying this, I do not mean to denigrate any non-Christian. Holiness and wisdom exists in all cultures. If I feel that I am confronting a moral dilemma, I might consult with a Jewish rabbi, knowing that this person carries with him or her wisdom, spirituality, moral weight.

I had a Buddhist friend and went to the temple, where a monk tied a string around my hand to remind me to always follow the path of spirituality, which was there until it fell off of its own accord. Buddhist monks eat once a day. The people in my neighborhood, mostly Thai and Vietnamese folks who owned restaurants, prepared food for them, and their commitment was to eat anything offered to them, giving thanks. When we served and then went to kneel to receive the blessing, there was some joking around with the head monk as to who I was. My friend told them I was Vietnamese, and everyone had a good laugh.

Yeah. I'm rambling. But the crux of the matter is that we humans are all one and are all a part of the human quest for a connection with the forces of creation. Personally, I would rather be a part of this quest rather than be a part of some group that professes to know it all.

Forum List

Back