Actress fired after ranting about street closures for NYPD Detective Jason Rivera’s funeral

This is such a blatant example of the double standards of many Democrats: complain that a street is shut down when a decent cop is killed by a lowlife thug, but justify or downplay when city after city is set on fire, and people are assaulted, and businesses are destroyed for month after month when a lowlife thug is killed by a cop.

No I don’t . Why??? The answer is extremely simple. She was being personally attacked and persecuted for her FREE SPEECH option and for who she is.
Great - I agree.

So you also condemn the firing of the nitwit noted in the OP?

Thoughtful reply & good points, but what was done to her is deeply troubling, and much more so because she's powerless, unlike Trump.

This is what the Founding Fathers feared; this kind of marginalizing of unpopular speech by the powerless.

I understand where you're coming from. This entire cancel culture we are now living in is troubling, I agree with that.

If we believe in freedom of speech, then she should be allowed her right to express her opinion.

And her current and future employers have the right to express their opinion of her vile attitude by firing/not hiring her stupid ass.

Great - I agree.

In the above example she was
Great - I agree.

No, in the above she was defending herself, with the Mitwit she went on a tear on the Internet ( You Tube) for NO reason using the F word, accusing cops 👮‍♀️ of killing young men, and indicated they couldn’t do their jobs properly ; Transportation ; It was THEIR FAULT

This is such a blatant example of the double standards of many Democrats: complain that a street is shut down when a decent cop is killed by a lowlife thug, but justify or downplay when city after city is set on fire, and people are assaulted, and businesses are destroyed for month after month when a lowlife thug is killed by a cop.
How many Democrats were complaining that a street was shut down for the funeral?

I mean, there's one. But supposedly this is about "many" Democrats.

In the above example she was

No, in the above she was defending herself, with the Mitwit she went on a tear on the Internet ( You Tube) for NO reason using the F word, accusing cops 👮‍♀️ of killing young men, and indicated they couldn’t do their jobs properly ; Transportation ; It was THEIR FAULT
I think you're applying a double standard.

Carano had a long history of expressing herself outside the window, but regardless, the entire point of supporting free speech - the heart of it - is that people will inevitably say things we don't personally like.

If you believe that the only speech which should be protected is that which you agree with, you aren't supporting free speech.

Neither Carano (whom I agree with) nor the woman in the OP (who seems like a real jerk) should have lost their jobs for expressing the views they did.

I think you're applying a double standard.

Carano had a long history of expressing herself outside the window, but regardless, the entire point of supporting free speech - the heart of it - is that people will inevitably say things we don't personally like.

If you believe that the only speech which should be protected is that which you agree with, you aren't supporting free speech.

Neither Carano (whom I agree with) nor the woman in the OP (who seems like a real jerk) should have lost their jobs for expressing the views they did.
There is a big difference between what Carano did and that BITCH that went on You Tube with her filthyMouth, using the F word, complaining because some streets were closed, accusing them of causing their own deaths and killing men under 22. If you can’t see the difference, I can’t help you

There is a big difference between what Carano did and that BITCH that went on You Tube with her filthyMouth, using the F word, complaining because some streets were closed, accusing them of causing their own deaths and killing men under 22. If you can’t see the difference, I can’t help you
The alleged *difference* is irrelevant.

You either support free speech, or you don't.

You don't.

If you can't see that, I can't help you. :(

The alleged *difference* is irrelevant.

You either support free speech, or you don't.

You don't.

If you can't see that, I can't help you. :(
Sorry, but the circumstances matter, if you can’t see that I can’t help you. 😢

Sorry, but the circumstances matter, if you can’t see that I can’t help you. 😢
They absolutely do NOT matter unless genuine threat or defamation attach to the speech.

In neither case - Carano nor the nitwit the thread is discussing - do genuine threat or defamation pertain.

Again:

The concept of free speech is to protect UNPOPULAR opinion and the speakers thereof.

They absolutely do NOT matter unless genuine threat or defamation attach to the speech.

In neither case - Carano nor the nitwit the thread is discussing - do genuine threat or defamation pertain.

Again:

The concept of free speech is to protect UNPOPULAR opinion and the speakers thereof.
Calumny against those who support the Constitution is now a demand of the George Soros wannabes of life; you are aware that calumny is lies that commit to character assassination of the innocent with the onerous outcome of ruination, are you not?

Calumny against those who support the Constitution is now a demand of the George Soros wannabes of life; you are aware that calumny is lies that commit to character assassination of the innocent with the onerous outcome of ruination, are you not?
I think stupidity was in operation in this instance, not calumny.

Calumny has been a tactic of the left against all those who disagree with any aspect of their agenda.

Forum List

Back