Actress fired after ranting about street closures for NYPD Detective Jason Rivera’s funeral

And if it had been a funeral for a slain young black male and she (accurately) bitched about young black males killing young black males everyday you really think she’d keep her job?
Of course, not!

In today's America, no one can say anything negative about those dear sweet misunderstood young gentleman.

Just read that an Asian actress has been fired because of some past comments that were less than complimentary about BLM.

But who cares what some silly "actress" says?
Let’s pretend it was a Cop who shot a Black Man even IF it was justified and someone in the public eye called this black individual the F word and inferred he asked for it, What do you think the response would be??

I am an old man (84) who is so computer illiterate that I do not even know what "^Thread" means.

I will assume it is an insult.
No; if you post a article or quote someone who have to post the “ thread” so someone can click on it and read the article

If we believe in freedom of speech, then she should be allowed her right to express her opinion.

I have no doubt that she was just expressing what some others were also thinking.

But the others were smart enough to keep their big mouths shut.

She should not have been fired, IMHO. (But she put the producers in an untenable position. The producers certainly did not want to anger the New York Police Department.)
She went too far

The woman (who I never heard of) is stupid however you look at it

if she stuck to the point the street closer was a public safety hazard and only that she might have won over some gullible libs

But she implied that the policeman was responsible for his own death at the hand of a lowlife piece of street garbage and that was impossible to defend

Let’s pretend it was a Cop who shot a Black Man even IF it was justified and someone in the public eye called this black individual the F word and inferred he asked for it, What do you think the response would be??
In 2022, no can say or imply anything negative about a certain ethnicity.

They can do no wrong, don't you know.

They are victims of systemic racism, don't you know.

So your "someone in the public eye" would have to hide for the rest of his/her life.

(P.S. In this case, that "actress" is a nobody. Who cares what she thinks?)

In 2022, no can say or imply anything negative about a certain ethnicity.

They can do no wrong, don't you know.

They are victims of systemic racism, don't you know.

So your "someone in the public eye" would have to hide for the rest of his/her life.

(P.S. In this case, that "actress" is a nobody. Who cares what she thinks?)
Black Lives Matter ( Even though they don't mind killing their own) , BLACK MAYOR ADAMS, etc, etc.

So she thinks cops are killing people under the age of 22 everyday for absolutely no reason at all? Wow. I'd like to see her proof of this.

I hope she gets robbed and when she calls 911 they say "we saw you say you think police are murders so we won't be responding to you. Goodbye" and hang up and block her number.

If we believe in freedom of speech, then she should be allowed her right to express her opinion.

I have no doubt that she was just expressing what some others were also thinking.

But the others were smart enough to keep their big mouths shut.

She should not have been fired, IMHO. (But she put the producers in an untenable position. The producers certainly did not want to anger the New York Police Department.)
You misunderstand freedom of speech. She’s free to say whatever she wants and her employer is free to do whatever they want. She lost her job but she’s not sitting in a jail cell. As said here plenty of times, freedom of speech is not freedom from public opinion and the consequences.

I hope she gets robbed and when she calls 911 they say "we saw you say you think police are murders so we won't be responding to you. Goodbye" and hang up and block her number.
I wish the cops would say that to all those defund-the-cops activists.

IMHO, her employer should NOT have fired her.

But I understand that her employer felt pressured to do so.
If she were White and rhe Victim were black she’d be fired in two Seconds and AOC and Sen Schumer would be applauding

I suppose they think they are honoring this officer, but to me more honor would be shown by keeping violent criminals off the street to begin with and let the people carry guns for protection so the chances of these kind of things happening are greatly reduced.

It is neither illegal
It depends.
or unethical for bosses to have a say in how you conduct yourself that reflects on them employing you.
See above.
Now I do agree that the provider of internet services and social media have no business censoring legal activity
Good. :)
since they are protected by law.
They should be, but SCOTUS hasn't affirmed this yet.

You support her using profanity with the “ F” word and doing their jobs improperly????
I support free speech.
It was “ inconvenient “ because some streets were closed?
See above.
You see NOTHING wrong 😑 with her making this a “ racial” issue with not one negative word about the dirtbag who killed them?
See above.
You voted for Biden. 😢
Projection?

If you’re referencing me specifically Minitrut, you have missed my point. This happens frequently in text mode when it often requires that we elaborate so others understand the intended message.

I never stated that this actress wasn’t free to state whatever opinion she wanted to state. Legally, she could’ve extended her vocalized guesswork about “He was probably a cop doing something wrong in the first place” to include that he deserved to die. She was basically justifying his death to support her aggravated rant about road closures. An expressive type for sure, but an emotional reactive gene could be a good asset to have as an actress lol

As you’ve suggested and I agree, it matters not the level of intellect nor the emotional state of anger- we are all free to express ourselves. We can explode daily out in public if we choose! A man or woman has every right to cuss out some stranger on the street, as long as he doesn’t touch that person and doesn’t resort to a few select words considered hate speech. That’s the legal aspect. As a social behavior it can and “should” still mean just consequences when they’re earned.

She wasn’t doing herself any favors knowing about the possibility she could be connected to her employer, but that’s on her. It would appear that at that moment, she hadn’t thought about employer rights. After all, employers are individuals as well, and if they believe an employee’s publicized statements (that went viral) hurt their image, they have every right to act on it to protect their business name.
Some good points.

Forum List

Back