actor & environmentalist

sharik

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2016
and possibly a liar to boot. Leonardo Di Caprio - Leonardo DiCaprio (@leonardodicaprio) • Instagram photos and videos - potoshopped a pic of Magnitogorsk, as denizens of the city point out in their comments - Leonardo DiCaprio on Instagram: “#Regram #RG @NatGeo: Photo by @GerdLudwig. Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works (MKK) is one of the largest steel companies in Russia. On…” - to suit his purposes. Di Caprio has also made up the story embellished with all these horror details... just have a read - 'Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works (MKK) is one of the largest steel companies in Russia. On winter weekends*, men drill fishing holes in the thick ice of the Ural River to try their luck. Knowing that the river is badly polluted** by waste from the huge plant looming behind them, many fisherman would sell their catch to markets*** rather than consume it themselves' - eh?

* as if there's no other season but winter... on the other hand, in the West your not allowed to speak of Russia unless in terms of winter & snow and so on; hot summers mentioned gets censored out.
** that river is not polluted, in fact its no different from any other city river in the world.
*** markets deal with large providers and don't buy from someone they have no signed contract with.

and possibly a liar to boot. Leonardo Di Caprio - Leonardo DiCaprio (@leonardodicaprio) • Instagram photos and videos - potoshopped a pic of Magnitogorsk, as denizens of the city point out in their comments - Leonardo DiCaprio on Instagram: “#Regram #RG @NatGeo: Photo by @GerdLudwig. Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works (MKK) is one of the largest steel companies in Russia. On…” - to suit his purposes. Di Caprio has also made up the story embellished with all these horror details... just have a read - 'Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works (MKK) is one of the largest steel companies in Russia. On winter weekends*, men drill fishing holes in the thick ice of the Ural River to try their luck. Knowing that the river is badly polluted** by waste from the huge plant looming behind them, many fisherman would sell their catch to markets*** rather than consume it themselves' - eh?

* as if there's no other season but winter... on the other hand, in the West your not allowed to speak of Russia unless in terms of winter & snow and so on; hot summers mentioned gets censored out.
** that river is not polluted, in fact its no different from any other city river in the world.
*** markets deal with large providers and don't buy from someone they have no signed contract with.
Stratford57 you post from Russia. What you got on this?

21fe988605c19f9.jpg
82abed3b-a0e9-46f2-9e2a-3e05e3fc3565.jpg
magnitogorsk-7.jpg
%D0%93%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4_%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD_%D0%BD%D0%B0_%D0%B1%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%B0%D1%85_%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BA%D0%B8_%D0%A3%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BB,_%D0%9C%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%81%D0%BA.jpg

Stratford57 you post from Russia. What you got on this?
DarkFury, thanks for asking about my modest opinion, but I'm not posting from Russia, unfortunately. I'm an ethnic Russian trapped in a Nazi Ukraine (as well as millions of others like myself). However if I had the whole world to choose from , my one and only choice would be Russia (even though I've been to a lot of places in the world). And Moscow always has been my Z most favorite city in the whole world. (I've never been to Magnitogorsk though and I'm not a DiCaprio's fan.)

So, what do I think? I think Sharik is a lucky guy to live in Moscow/Russia and I'm very glad another Russian has joined USMB to bring more truth about our Motherland Russia here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back