Activists demand higher payments from California reparations task force: '$200 million' per person

Activists on Saturday demanded that the state of California pay millions of dollars to each Black resident in reparations as a way to make amends for slavery and subsequent discrimination, dismissing the mammoth proposals from California's reparations task force as too little.

"$1.2 million is nowhere near enough. It should be starting at least $5 million like San Francisco," said one woman. "We want direct cash payments just like how the stimulus [checks] were sent out. It's our inheritance, and we can handle it."

"You know that the numbers should be equivocal to what an acre was back then. We were given 40, OK? We were given 40 acres. You know what that number is. You keep trying to talk about now, yet you research back to slavery and you say nothing about slavery, nothing," said Pierce. "So, the equivocal number from the 1860s for 40 acres to today is $200 million for each and every African-American."

Finally my brothers and sisters are seeing the light! Pay up for all the racial injustice!

Just go get the pot o' gold instead...faster and less taxes.

Screenshot_20230507-203701-443.png

lol some moron thinks all land is worth $5 million an acre? Yes, sure, these idiots could handle be handed $200 million. I'll sell the moron 40 acres for $200 million; in Siberia.
We could give them what the Sooners got. 40 acres of virgin, unbroken prairie land and they would have to provide their own farming equipment, supplies until the first crop comes in and improve the land, or lose it back to the government.

Activists on Saturday demanded that the state of California pay millions of dollars to each Black resident in reparations as a way to make amends for slavery and subsequent discrimination, dismissing the mammoth proposals from California's reparations task force as too little.

"$1.2 million is nowhere near enough. It should be starting at least $5 million like San Francisco," said one woman. "We want direct cash payments just like how the stimulus [checks] were sent out. It's our inheritance, and we can handle it."

"You know that the numbers should be equivocal to what an acre was back then. We were given 40, OK? We were given 40 acres. You know what that number is. You keep trying to talk about now, yet you research back to slavery and you say nothing about slavery, nothing," said Pierce. "So, the equivocal number from the 1860s for 40 acres to today is $200 million for each and every African-American."

Finally my brothers and sisters are seeing the light! Pay up for all the racial injustice!

They must want two Cadillacs.

If California was going to "Pay up for all the racial injustice!",as stated in the OP, it would have to pay Billions$$$$$$$$$$ to white people in the state, who were living before 1996 (since they all have been victims of racial injustice by Affirmative Action)

I think I will move to Ca, run for Gov, promise blacks $50 million a piece, get elected, renig on the deal, then blame Joe Biden and all the illegals Biden brought in:

"Biden & the illegals bankrupted Ca and 'STOLE YOUR MONEY!'

:laugh:

I think I will move to Ca, run for Gov, promise blacks $50 million a piece, get elected, renig on the deal, then blame Joe Biden and all the illegals Biden brought in:

"Biden & the illegals bankrupted Ca and 'STOLE YOUR MONEY!'

:laugh:
They'll probably holler for $100 Million.

This stupid woman doesn't know that '40 acres and a mule' was rescinded during the Andrew Johnson administration. She also certainly doesn't know that post slavery Black families acquired nearly 20 MILLION ACRES of farmland by the early 1900s through very generous programs designed to help the freed slaves.

This stupid woman doesn't know that '40 acres and a mule' was rescinded during the Andrew Johnson administration. She also certainly doesn't know that post slavery Black families acquired nearly 20 MILLION ACRES of farmland by the early 1900s through very generous programs designed to help the freed slaves.
And she also ignores the point that not a single black person seeking reparations, ever suffered one day of slavery. Very few experienced any Jim Crow discrimination.

And she also ignores the point that not a single black person seeking reparations, ever suffered one day of slavery. Very few experienced any Jim Crow discrimination.
All those who WERE slaves received reparations in land or some other compensation. The last former slave supposedly died in 1971 at the highly suspicious age of 130. No proof of birth, but there it is.

LOL BoostedHayBus disagrees with indisputable facts easily verifiable. Oh wait what was I thinking? Democrat minion, never mind.

i wish we would have been picking our own cotton so every black on this board would never have existed to be such a god damned scourge on this country

i wish we would have been picking our own cotton so every black on this board would never have existed to be such a god damned scourge on this country
I wish something completely different about you and your type. Racism is dying, and the ilk such as yourself can not die fast enough :fu:

$200 million is not enough. the article makes valid points. Well worth the time to read it.

I support some form of "reparations" or whatever we want to call it, but this is insane. It's going to ensure that the idea is shot down forever. I kinda wonder if that's not really the point.

I support some form of "reparations" or whatever we want to call it, but this is insane. It's going to ensure that the idea is shot down forever. I kinda wonder if that's not really the point.
Looks like it is shot down, but I agree they deserve something. This is not only for slavery, it is for the subsequent discrimination as well. An example being "discriminatory lending and zoning". This has been proven as true. This is not some pie in the sky claim. So yeah, they were discriminated against and deserve something other than a "sorry".

Forum List

Back