According to the swing state polls Obama is set to win a second term

When Even FOX is releasing Obama leads, it's over for the GOP. Fox propeganda wouldn't say any such thing unless they had no other choice. Now it will be time to blame... Blame Romney for things they previously supported... allegations of fixing and cheating... anything but acknowledge that people don't want, as a majority, the GOP running the show.

RCP was the GOP go to site. And now that it is no longer showing Romney lead, it's being abandoned as flawed.

Colour me unsurprised.

RCP has NEVER been trusted during this election cycle. Show me one post proving otherwise.

not neccessary. I don't need to feed your delusion.
i think on tuesday will see either four of these results.

(a) close obama win (b) close romney win (c) romney landslide win (d) big obama win

watch for states like pa or mi early on and maybe even fi as well. if they go to each side as expected we looking at a close election. but if romney picks up pa or mi or other side obama gets fi we looking at big wins on either side

When Even FOX is releasing Obama leads, it's over for the GOP. Fox propeganda wouldn't say any such thing unless they had no other choice. Now it will be time to blame... Blame Romney for things they previously supported... allegations of fixing and cheating... anything but acknowledge that people don't want, as a majority, the GOP running the show.

RCP was the GOP go to site. And now that it is no longer showing Romney lead, it's being abandoned as flawed.

Colour me unsurprised.

RCP has NEVER been trusted during this election cycle. Show me one post proving otherwise.

You can't and apparently you don't have enough integrity to admit your statement is wrong.

You can't and apparently you don't have enough integrity to admit your statement is wrong.
all i know it about turnout. if gop have big lead with indepedent and win turn out on tuesday they will win;. if dems can match them they will win.

its all on tuesday turnout. he gets their base out

Romney in an easy win. Not gonna be that close. That will be the big story in this Election.

Last edited:
OK, polls for the swing states, 5 am, 5Nov12.

Colorado President Obama 0.6 5 polls, 3 Obama, 2 Romney

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Colorado: Romney vs. Obama

Florida Governor Romney 1.8 11 polls 7 Romney 3 Obama one tie

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Florida: Romney vs. Obama

Iowa President Obama 3.0 6 polls 5 Obama one Romney

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Iowa: Romney vs. Obama

Michigan President Obama 3.8 5 polls 4 Obama one Romney

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Michigan: Romney vs. Obama

Nevada President Obama 2.8 5 polls, all Obama

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Nevada: Romney vs. Obama

New Hampshire President Obama 2.0 6 polls 5 Obama one Romney

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - New Hampshire: Romney vs. Obama

North Carolina Governor Romney 3.0 5 polls 3 Romney 2 ties

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - North Carolina: Romney vs. Obama

Ohio President Obama 2.9 12 polls 11 Obama one tie

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Ohio: Romney vs. Obama

Pennsylvania President Obama 3.9 7 polls, 6 Obama one tie

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Pennsylvania: Romney vs. Obama

Virginia President Obama 0.3 10 polls 5 Obama 3 Romney 2 ties

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Virginia: Romney vs. Obama

Wisconsin President Obama 4.2 5 polls 4 Obama one tie

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Wisconsin: Romney vs. Obama

So we have Governor Romney with Florida and North Carolina. President Obama with the rest, although Virginia and Colorado are shaky. At this point, looks like a win for the President.

Realclearpolitics is flawed to say the least. They assume a better than 08' turnout for Obama.

It's at least off by 6%.

Real clear politics doesn't assume anything - they just average the polls - they don't conduct them or weight them.

The reason it is so fucking close is because nearly half this country lives off the government in some ways. If they can win this election then they will cut the military and everything to keep feeding off the government. We will become greece.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury.
From that moment on,the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy,always followed by a dictatorship.

Alexander Fraser Tyler (1770)

Even way back then they knew this to be a truth.
Stupid fucken dems ? Nah they know exactly what they are doing.

Benjamin Franklin knew too.

In these sentiments, Sir, I agree to this Constitution, with all its faults, — if they are such; because I think a general Government necessary for us, and there is no form of government but what may be a blessing to the people, if well administered; and I believe, farther, that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic government, being incapable of any other.

Speech to the Constitutional Convention (1787-06-28)

The question is whether the American people are now that corrupted? We'll soon see if they are.

Can you link the poll please?

Can't. Watching the poll analysis on Fox News Sunday

So we have Governor Romney with Florida and North Carolina. President Obama with the rest, although Virginia and Colorado are shaky. At this point, looks like a win for the President.

Realclearpolitics is flawed to say the least. They assume a better than 08' turnout for Obama.

It's at least off by 6%.

Colour me unsurprised.

When almost everyone was showing Romney leading by 52- 46 RCP had it at a tie. So don't try to feed me a line of BS.

As of this morning, RCP has Romney up .4%. And every single poll cited is also within the margin of error. It is a dead heat in the popular vote going into tomorrow's election. And the polls in almost all of the swing states are equally non conclusive.

As of this morning, RCP has Romney up .4%. And every single poll cited is also within the margin of error. It is a dead heat in the popular vote going into tomorrow's election. And the polls in almost all of the swing states are equally non conclusive.

The fact so many Polls are showing it so close, is a very bad omen for Obama. Romney should win it. But i guess we'll see.

Yes. I'm not counting chickens or declaring any sort of victory yet Paulician. I'm just praying that most Americans are voting common sense rather than out of emotion or to make some sort of statement.

Benjamin Franklin knew too.

In these sentiments, Sir, I agree to this Constitution, with all its faults, — if they are such; because I think a general Government necessary for us, and there is no form of government but what may be a blessing to the people, if well administered; and I believe, farther, that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic government, being incapable of any other.

Speech to the Constitutional Convention (1787-06-28)

The question is whether the American people are now that corrupted? We'll soon see if they are.

I dont think there is any doubt. At least for many so called Americans.
And when you have a president who uses this very situation to buy votes ?
I would say it's time to get tough or this country is screwed.

The Democrats are the 47% without early voting - with early voting the Republicans are the 47% ...

this time around

the problem is more Democrats are Republicans than Republicans are Democrats.

It's at least off by 6%.

Real clear politics doesn't assume anything - they just average the polls - they don't conduct them or weight them.

Like all good conspiracy whackos, the GOP is now to the point of questioning which polls RCP choosed to include. It literally never ends with these idiots.

That's why RCP is so awesome. They use a mean of the polls to show trends and give a decent average. Sure, outliers affect means more than medians...but RCP is as unbiased as you can get.

That's why RCP is so awesome. They use a mean of the polls to show trends and give a decent average. Sure, outliers affect means more than medians...but RCP is as unbiased as you can get.

However, some of the polls included in the RCP average are not unbiased in how they are weighted. So it's anybody's guess how close any of them will be after the dust settles. I was reading recently that Republicans, for whatever reason, tend to out perform the polls by about 1% on average; the Democrats, for whatever reason, tend to underperfom the polls by 1 to 3% on average. Again will that hold up in this one single election? We'll know by this time on Wednesday morning.

That is unless so many of the races are so close that there are recounts all over the place which could delay a confirmed count by days or weeks.

Can't. Watching the poll analysis on Fox News Sunday

It's at least off by 6%.

Colour me unsurprised.

When almost everyone was showing Romney leading by 52- 46 RCP had it at a tie. So don't try to feed me a line of BS.

RCP is a poll aggregator.

They don't actually do any polling themselves, they just average other polls.

So clearly "almost everyone" was NOT showing Romney leading, if RCP had it at a tie.

Forum List

Back