“Accidental Racist”

Pointing out the downfalls of blacks=racist.
-Pointing out that most black men are dead beat dads=racist.
-Pointing out black violence towards other blacks and other races=racist.

Reality is racist to you people.

You assuming that what YOU "pointed out" encompasses the majority of an entire race, makes YOU stupid.

I don't think all. ;) What do you think constitutes "most"; To me 72% of black men not staying together to raise their child is most. Would you agree?

It just doesn't seem that your community can improve. Thousands of your children are blowing each other away and black dads don't seem to care.

If you don't want me to help, then stop asking for whites to help.

My community is the University of Southern California.

My people are my college adviser, my classmates, and my family.

Matthew you come on this board acting like you are sincere cowardly hiding behind your racism. You're a sick excuse for a human.

A wise woman once said:

"You'll live longer if you worry about yourself."

You're obviously not in fear of blacks if you come on these boards to talk about them.

Last edited:
It just doesn't seem that your community can improve. Thousands of your children are blowing each other away and black dads don't seem to care.

If you don't want me to help, then stop asking for whites to help.

My community is the University of Southern California.

My people are my college adviser, my classmates, and my family.

Matthew you come on this board acting like you are sincere cowardly hiding behind your racism. You're a sick excuse for a human.

A wise woman once said:

"You'll live longer if you worry about yourself."

You're obviously not in fear of blacks if you come on these boards to talk about them.

I don't hate blacks at all. I'm just sick of seeing blacks blow each other away and thinking they can do racist acts against whites. I feel it is wrong and must speak out against it.

I'm sorry I've been a jerk on this board. :( I'd help anyone.

But beyond the good intentions, there’s a shocking amount of naivety on display in “Accidental Racist”, particularly for two men who’ve spent a combined 85 years living in American society. From most- to least-forgivable, their sins are:

CONFLATING PERSONAL PREJUDICE WITH INSTITUTIONALIZED RACISM: You wouldn’t know it from movies like The Help, but the history of racial oppression goes beyond some people being rude to some other people because of the color of their skin. But everyone messes this one up—even us!—so Brad and LL get a pass.

GLOSSING OVER SLAVERY AND JIM CROW AS “MISTAKES”: Calling your girlfriend your ex’s name is a mistake. Systematically robbing millions of people of their humanity goes a little further than that. For the sake of lyrical brevity we understand why Brad didn’t go into the whole history here, but there’s got to be a better two-syllable word that works in that spot.

SAMPLING “DIXIE” IN A SONG ABOUT RACE RELATIONS: Yes, it’s a catchy song. Yes, Abraham Lincoln liked it. This does not change the fact that it was the unofficial national anthem of a state built on white supremacy.

TIPPING A HAT TO THE “ANGRY BLACKS JUST WANT THE WHITE MAN’S MONEY” MEME: “I want you to get paid, but be a slave I never could,” raps LL. Why are those two thoughts next to each other?

MAKING THE WORST FALSE EQUIVALENCIES THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN: The most poisonous of all the song’s rhetorical sins come in the coda, where Paisley and LL Cool J trade lines about making the world a better place. It’s cute, until you realize what they’re saying: “If you won’t judge my do-rag, I won’t judge your red [Confederate] flag.” In other words, LL won’t get mad about Brad sporting a symbol of white supremacy as long as Brad won’t get mad about … a random fashion choice that has nothing to do with him. Later, it gets worse: “If you forget my gold chains, I’ll forget the iron chains.” Is putting people who don’t like slavery on the same moral level as racists really worth that wordplay?

That’s the overwhelming message of the song: Yes, white southerners may have been pretty racist in the past, but as a result of that racism some people have negative feelings about the South—and isn’t that just as bad? If those people could just be less angry and forget about the racism, well then by golly, white southerners might stop being racist! For a guy who just wants to wear his Skynyrd shirt in peace, that’s a post-racial utopia worth singing about.
Brad Paisley "Accidental Racist" Lyrics Meaning: How Clueless Is It? - Popdust

I am a little confused, why should I be upset about a song that gets people thinking about a controversial subject? Should I also be upset about other controversial art? Maybe we should ban art just to be safe.

In other words, fuck off asswipe.

How can I fight to improve the black community and not be seen as a racist?

Activism as opposed to trolling on an Internet message board.

Inner City Development - Volunteer

If you really want to help "solve" anything, you can volunteer.

:cuckoo:yidnar says the n-word in public under his breath,while he's delivering pizzas.

You mean Yidnar is actually "Troof Detector" from the old Historical Bunkhose and Race Relations boards on AOL?

Pointing out the downfalls of blacks=racist.
-Pointing out that most black men are dead beat dads=racist.
-Pointing out black violence towards other blacks and other races=racist.

Reality is racist to you people.

You assuming that what YOU "pointed out" encompasses the majority of an entire race, makes YOU stupid.

I don't think all. ;) What do you think constitutes "most"; To me 72% of black men not staying together to raise their child is most. Would you agree?

When you use language like "pointing out downfalls", of a race, that is a generalization that calls attention to your ignorance.

But beyond the good intentions, there’s a shocking amount of naivety on display in “Accidental Racist”, particularly for two men who’ve spent a combined 85 years living in American society. From most- to least-forgivable, their sins are:

CONFLATING PERSONAL PREJUDICE WITH INSTITUTIONALIZED RACISM: You wouldn’t know it from movies like The Help, but the history of racial oppression goes beyond some people being rude to some other people because of the color of their skin. But everyone messes this one up—even us!—so Brad and LL get a pass.

GLOSSING OVER SLAVERY AND JIM CROW AS “MISTAKES”: Calling your girlfriend your ex’s name is a mistake. Systematically robbing millions of people of their humanity goes a little further than that. For the sake of lyrical brevity we understand why Brad didn’t go into the whole history here, but there’s got to be a better two-syllable word that works in that spot.

SAMPLING “DIXIE” IN A SONG ABOUT RACE RELATIONS: Yes, it’s a catchy song. Yes, Abraham Lincoln liked it. This does not change the fact that it was the unofficial national anthem of a state built on white supremacy.

TIPPING A HAT TO THE “ANGRY BLACKS JUST WANT THE WHITE MAN’S MONEY” MEME: “I want you to get paid, but be a slave I never could,” raps LL. Why are those two thoughts next to each other?

MAKING THE WORST FALSE EQUIVALENCIES THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN: The most poisonous of all the song’s rhetorical sins come in the coda, where Paisley and LL Cool J trade lines about making the world a better place. It’s cute, until you realize what they’re saying: “If you won’t judge my do-rag, I won’t judge your red [Confederate] flag.” In other words, LL won’t get mad about Brad sporting a symbol of white supremacy as long as Brad won’t get mad about … a random fashion choice that has nothing to do with him. Later, it gets worse: “If you forget my gold chains, I’ll forget the iron chains.” Is putting people who don’t like slavery on the same moral level as racists really worth that wordplay?

That’s the overwhelming message of the song: Yes, white southerners may have been pretty racist in the past, but as a result of that racism some people have negative feelings about the South—and isn’t that just as bad? If those people could just be less angry and forget about the racism, well then by golly, white southerners might stop being racist! For a guy who just wants to wear his Skynyrd shirt in peace, that’s a post-racial utopia worth singing about.
Brad Paisley "Accidental Racist" Lyrics Meaning: How Clueless Is It? - Popdust

I am a little confused, why should I be upset about a song that gets people thinking about a controversial subject? Should I also be upset about other controversial art? Maybe we should ban art just to be safe.

In other words, fuck off asswipe.

The left and (a large percentage)blacks have one thing in common=the victim. Fucking "A" they'd ban it and make everything critizing blacks illegal. It's sad how blacks wanted to be equals within our society, but now can't stand the heat.

Last edited:

When you use language like "pointing out downfalls", of a race, that is a generalization that calls attention to your ignorance.

What should I say? What would get my point across without being ignorant?

What should I say? What would get my point across without being ignorant?

It is not incumbent upon on me to reform your tendency to generalize.I personally don't care if you do or not. This is a public, anonymous forum and you are free to state anything that you wish. Those who post here even infrequently know your "drill". Carry on.

I don't view "being on the dole" as you state as a group, however, I DO know that within Romneys statement about the 47%, he did also state something to the effect of "these people see themselves as victims".

{"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what...These are people who pay no income tax."}

His statement is irrefutable. And it has nothing to do with putting people into groups - unless you consider producers to be one group, and takers to be another.

If one speaks of "47%" of the population, that most certainly is a "group"...to be exact, based on my calculations it is almost half of the population of this country.

Social Security is also a "Government" sponsored program, and I know many elderly folks who are not "victims", however they rely on their Social Security to make ends meet.

Despite leftist attempts to turn SS into an entitlement, people pay for their SS.

Decent, hardworking people who spent years in the trenches, who deserve better than to be categorized as self appointed "victims", dismissed and cast aside like old used up Tinker Toys.

SS isn't part of the 47%

Which IMHO is probably one of the insensitive statements that cost Romney the election.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts, now I would like to see what the OP has to say.

The way the DNC media spun it, it did have a great deal to do with his loss. The statement remains 100% true and correct.

Yanno..................I received government assistance for 20 years, but then again it was because I was serving in the U.S. Navy.

That's called a "paycheck," sparky.

I also continue to receive government assistance (to the tune of about 1,500 per month) in the form of my retirement.

I served this country for 20 years, and I'm still a patriot (even though I live off the government).

Does that make me a parasite?

Concepts are hard for leftists - even simple ones.

I don't view "being on the dole" as you state as a group, however, I DO know that within Romneys statement about the 47%, he did also state something to the effect of "these people see themselves as victims".

{"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what...These are people who pay no income tax."}

His statement is irrefutable. And it has nothing to do with putting people into groups - unless you consider producers to be one group, and takers to be another.

His statement IRREFUTABLY put 47% of the population into a "group" he referred to them as "victims who feel the are entitled to benefits".

Insensitive.

If one speaks of "47%" of the population, that most certainly is a "group"...to be exact, based on my calculations it is almost half of the population of this country.

Social Security is also a "Government" sponsored program, and I know many elderly folks who are not "victims", however they rely on their Social Security to make ends meet.

Despite leftist attempts to turn SS into an entitlement, people pay for their SS.

Yes they do. And in spite of the fact that people pay into SS, Romneys running mate wanted to privatize it and make it fair game for Wall Street, while of course playing down the fact that HE benefitted from the program when his father died when he was 13.

Insensitive.

Decent, hardworking people who spent years in the trenches, who deserve better than to be categorized as self appointed "victims", dismissed and cast aside like old used up Tinker Toys.

SS isn't part of the 47%

Romney did not EXCLUDE SS when he referred to "government assistance" Assuming that he did not include SS, was he saying that 47% of the population is on welfare? That would be an outright lie.

Which IMHO is probably one of the insensitive statements that cost Romney the election.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts, now I would like to see what the OP has to say.

The way the DNC media spun it, it did have a great deal to do with his loss. The statement remains 100% true and correct.

Ok. So assuming that the "evil DNC media" spun this incredible yarn and derailed Romneys campaign, if he was a man of integrity, why did he apologize for what he said as opposed to defending his position with facts? The ugly truth appears to be that he fell victim to not realizing that when you are a presidential candidate, EVERY word you state is subject to be publicized and scrutinized.
For a man with so many resources at his disposal, and so adept at dirty business he should have known that.

Lastly, I don't have a dog in the "left versus right" semantics game. I do not personally like either side. What we got from the election was the better of two who were bad to begin with.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back