About Those Forced Conversions....

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Warning Signs
By Diana West, The Washington Times
September 1, 2006

It's not easy to be shocked by jihad these days, five years and numberless atrocities after the Twin Towers imploded on some 3,000 fellow citizens. That said, I admit my own jihad-fatigue was broken, shattered, really, by the "conversion" to Islam of Fox journalists Steve Centanni and Olaf Wiig videotaped during their two-week ordeal as captives of Palestinians in Gaza.

Why? Andrew G. Bostom, writing at Frontpagemag.com, tells us forced conversions to Islam "have been the norm, across three continents -- Asia, Africa and Europe -- for over 13 centuries," and cites contemporary examples in the jihad campaigns of Sudan and Indonesia. Even so, religious coercion, let alone "jihad campaigns," still seems appallingly new to us -- if by "us" I can still make myself understood to mean, generally, Western peoples in modern times. Indeed, I can't think of another jihad hostage forced into Islam -- not even Daniel Pearl or Nicolas Berg, and not the U.S. embassy hostages in Tehran a quarter century ago.

Is this incident a tip-off to a new level of unabashed religious abuse of Westerners?

for full article:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/op-ed/dwest.htm

I was thinking to myself what I would do in this situation- some douchebag Islamist with a sword forcing me to convert- and I don't know as I have the answer.

It's nothing to worry about---any liberal will tell you that Christianity is far more interested in cramming it's ideas down your throats.:rolleyes:

Aside from my mum whipping my sorry arse into church, I can think of no-one who has forced me into Christianity.:smoke:

I had a Christo-terrorists for a mom too! I still think putting on a tie is just asking to be hung. Good thing they didn't preach that I should kill my enemies.

I really like to think I'd have taken a bullet in the head rather than renounce Christ. That'd be such a frustrating, HORRIBLE place in which to find oneself. :(

Was West right in saying that the most shocking thing about this entire story was the silence that followed it from Muslims and the MSM? Why do you think there was no world outcry against these forced conversions? Fear of retaliation from the Islamofacists? The event involved employees of Fox News, so it didn't warrant that much coverage? [:)] Considered to be no more important than a regular kidnapping? That's about the amount of coverage it got in the MSM.

I wonder if they've had some second thoughts about this matter after the speeches we've been hearing from the Islamofacists this past week.

Couldn't you simply "fake it"? Don't you have faith that Christ knows the conversion is a ruse?

Yikes! That's scary! Right out of Left Behind!

Jesus says whoever is ashamed of Him, He will be ashamed of them. And out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks. And whoever would keep their lives will lose them, but whoever will lose their lives for His sake will gain eternal life.

Nope. Can't "fake it."

Jesus says whoever is ashamed of Him, He will be ashamed of them. And out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks. And whoever would keep their lives will lose them, but whoever will lose their lives for His sake will gain eternal life.

Nope. Can't "fake it."

non-Christians sometimes can't understand how Christians view, ultimately, death as a GOOD thing. They often can't relate to 'why' somebody wouldn't do EVERYTHING required to sustain life.

Honestly, I never thought much about this issue.

I guess I dismissed the reporters, because, well, their reporters.

As to what I'd do.

You really never know, but being in harms way more than once, I'd say I would of told them to fu*k off and die.:321:

The world is ROUND after all.:2guns:

Nope. Can't "fake it."

Never read that book.

Faking is not being ashamed. It is simply doing what you have to do to survive, to live another day to do His work, like raising your kids.

I've always found when dealing with dishonest people (in this case, the Islamo-facists) to use deceit when you have to. I'd be lying to them, not to God.

Forum List

Back