About The Cleveland Guardians Name

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I wanted to create a separate topic for this so I wouldn't derail the other one where this came up, but even though I never really cared for The Guardians name, it might be a little better if the reason behind the name change wasn't to appease the woke and the fact that they were The Cleveland Indians for over a hundred years. :rolleyes:

Guardians of the Galaxy?
Is Star Lord GM?

giphy.gif

Not trying to be edgy but I did not even know that they changed their name.....Sorta makes the Major League movies dated now doesn't it?

I'm surprised that you didn't hear Trump talking about it and I had to look that up because I never had heard about it before. I didn't know they made films about The Tribe.

I'm not bothered by the fact the name was changed. I don't like what it was changed to. It comes across as horribly contrived as if it were the first alternative that popped into the heads of ownership. If they'd come up with a half-decent name, it wouldn't bother me.

Other options: the Cleveland Firewater!

“One of the saddest episodes took place on the Cuyahoga River, where Cleveland factories dumped its waste like clockwork. Sometimes, the river would catch fire, which locals were already used to. But in 1969, a spark from a moving train ignited the toxic chemicals floating down the river, creating an inferno five stories high.” — Why Cleveland Is Often Called 'The Mistake On The Lake'

Alternative? The Cleveland “Baseball” Browns.

But, the best option? The Cleveland Indians.

As far as Trump goes I never listened to a rally speech of his, he's sort of irritating in his mannerisms but I've no complaints about the way that he governed.

Yeah, I get what you're saying and agreed.

Forum List

Back