About that shooting at the Balitmore university shooting...why the story disappeared so fast. Wanna guess?

Sweet Evil Jesus, I already did that!

The point was, they weren't common until the 1990's, when the gun makers started marketing to the nuts.

EXACTLY! We've made it HARDER!!! Just like we should make it HARDER for crazies to get guns. You are finally getting it.

The Founding Slave Rapists would have disagreed with me on a lot of things because they were a bunch of racists, slave owners, and superstitious yokels. They didn't shit marble. They were a bunch fo twats who didn't want to pay their fair share in taxes. The Good stuff happened because of Lincoln, FDR and a bunch of other guys who actually cashed the check they wrote.

The majority turned a long time ago. The problem is Congress is too afraid of the National Rampage Association to do anything about it.

Understandably, the Gun Industry can pour Millions into Congress. The average citizen might be able to get his state or city to pass a sensible gun law, but then the gun industry drags that shit right into court, and it gets struck down.

I did pick myself up again. But I don't put the guys who fuck it up back into power. Bush should have been the last Republican President. He would have been if we weren't using a backward method to pick presidents.

Talk to some of your fellow wingnuts.

Sweet evil Jesus, man, it's BEAR arms, BEAR arms, not "bare" arms. No one is denying you the opportunity to wear a short-sleeved shirt.

I understand the culture very well. James "Joker Holmes" and Robert "Awake the Rapper" Crimo III were two mentally ill men who, for absolutely no good reason, were able to buy Military Grade weapons and murder a whole bunch of people. It was a thing that happened. It was in all the papers.

If Gun Owners were really responsible, they'd have no problem with sensible gun laws to keep guys like Awake and Joker from getting guns.

No, I'm not reading any bullshit links. It doesn't make any sense TODAY for your average citizen to own a gun.

The Founding Fathers didn't want everyone to have guns. They didn't want slaves to have guns. They didn't want the Native Americans to have guns. They didn't want the Urban Poor to have guns.

That was 100 fucking years ago. I'm perfectly happy if a School Massacre only happens once every 100 years.

I understand the culture very well. James "Joker Holmes" and Robert "Awake the Rapper" Crimo III were two mentally ill men who, for absolutely no good reason, were able to buy Military Grade weapons and murder a whole bunch of people. It was a thing that happened. It was in all the papers.

Both were known to be dangerous and your idiot government didn't stop them with the actual laws we currently have.......and they both attacked gun free zones...

The AR-15 is not a military grade weapon, you dumb fuck......no one in our military uses it, or has used it....the bolt action rifle, the pump action shotgun are both actual, military grade weapons...you idiot.

Both were known to be dangerous and your idiot government didn't stop them with the actual laws we currently have.......and they both attacked gun free zones...

Because those laws are inadequate. That's the point.

The AR-15 is not a military grade weapon, you dumb fuck......no one in our military uses it, or has used it....the bolt action rifle, the pump action shotgun are both actual, military grade weapons...you idiot.

AR-15 was designed as a replacement for the M14, you idiot. It's a battlefield weapon.

On the other hand, I never saw a shotgun once in my 11 years in.

AR-15 was designed as a replacement for the M14, you idiot. It's a battlefield weapon.

The laws state they can involuntarily commit people who are dangerous....they chose not to....

The M-16 was designed for the military, the AR-15 is a civilian rifle.

Anyone paying attention knows that if there is a shooting that might be classified as a mass public shooting.....the story lasts in the news cycle depending in a large part on who the shooter actually is....in this case, this story dissappeared immediately.....the two shooters are two black guys with criminal records....

These two criminals are not mass public shooters....mass public shooters target innocent people in pubic places to murder them, without any other crime involved...these two crimninals...are criminals with long histories of crime...

As I pointed out at the time, none of Maryland’s restrictive gun control laws prevented the shooting from taking place, so it seemed like an odd flex on the part of the anti-gunners. In fact, the first suspect arrested and charged in the shooting is just 17-years-old, so he wasn’t legally allowed to possess a gun to begin with.

Now authorities have released more information about the second suspect, who’s still at large and on the run. According to federal officials, 18-year-old Jovon Terrell Williams was already a wanted man when he allegedly opened fire at Morgan State, with the feds charging him with a variety of criminal offenses over the summer.

Because nobody died.

And the suspect was arrested.

There is no need for turning your brain to diahrrea looking for a conspiracy fantasy.

A sad state of affairs, as CMP M14s would sell like hotcakes.
I would love to own a M-14. All it would take would be for the government to make them civilian legal would be to have a pin welded into the hole in the receiver where the selector switch goes. The Government used to allow AK-47s to be sent home by troops in Vietnam as war souvenirs as long as rods were welded into the barrel to demilitarize them.

No you idiot. The M-16 was designed first as a supplement for the M-14, then replaced it in general usage. The AR-15 was always designed as a civilian rifle. Yes, it had many parts in common with a M-16, but the CIVILIAN M-1A has many parts in common with the MILITARY M-14. It's funny, people like you have no problems with the M1A despite the fact that it is far more lethal than the AR-15.

That's funny I saw shotguns in the hands of MPs all the time when I was in during Vietnam. In Basic Training, I was taught to shoot a shotgun among a large number of other COMMON weapons. From what I've seen shotguns were very common in infantry units in Vietnam. They were far more effective at close range than M-16s. I never saw combat, but my preferred weapon at the time was an M-79, I had a choice of buckshot, flechette, HE, smoke and HEAT rounds for it. If I couldn't swing an M-79, I'd settle for an M-60 despite the weight. From talking to people who actually used the M-16 in combat, I had zero faith in the stopping power of the 5.56 NATO round. When I owned a Colt AR-15 Sporter 2, I kept my magazines loaded with hollow point rounds to increase stopping power.

No you idiot. The M-16 was designed first as a supplement for the M-14, then replaced it in general usage. The AR-15 was always designed as a civilian rifle. Yes, it had many parts in common with a M-16, but the CIVILIAN M-1A has many parts in common with the MILITARY M-14. It's funny, people like you have no problems with the M1A despite the fact that it is far more lethal than the AR-15.

I hate to correct you......they have a problem with the M1-A too...they want that banned too they just see the AR-15 as the easiest first step to get to all the other guns...

They can only commit you if you are an imminent danger.

The Maine shooter was involuntarily committed……they had all the laws they needed to deal with him and your god, “government,” failed.

Most of them - knowing only what the DNC talking points tell them - have no idea it exists.

The ME shooter passed an ATF background investigation and was cleared to buy a suppressor.

And the gun store........denied him the supressor because they looked at his Background Check form, saw he checked the box for a mental health committment, and refused to sell him the gun....

Of the two entities.....the gun store actually did it's job, the government failed to do it's job......yet idiots like joe and candy corn want us to be completely dependent on government to protect us...

Sweet Evil Jesus, I already did that!
Where. give me one example of than your 'bushmaster' image you pulled off the interwebs. Show me one example of mass public marketing or even marketing to 2A supporters that promotes mass shootings or a culture that is anti-gov't or anti federal gun control laws.
The point was, they weren't common until the 1990's, when the gun makers started marketing to the nuts.
Point being made is that the AR platform was was marketed prior to the 90's as semi auto rifles that fell within the guidelines of federal regulations because the 2A allows for the people to be armed.

The other point is that military weapons have been built by private companies for military use and also available for public purchase.
I've posted the following video before, tell use where this video is wrong in any way. Don't let the title keep you away. There is a lot of historical knowledge and history in this video.

Also, adding "gun nuts" to your claim on invalidates your argument and premise. You should know this as a college grad and someone that offers resume writing for other people.

EXACTLY! We've made it HARDER!!! Just like we should make it HARDER for crazies to get guns. You are finally getting it.
And the gov't has. You can't walk in and just buy a gun without a background check... can you? Are guns on the shelf to just pick up, buy, and walk out. No, they are behind the counter, like sudafed and other meds, only for a consumer to ask an associate to handle and see.
The Founding Slave Rapists would have disagreed with me on a lot of things because they were a bunch of racists, slave owners, and superstitious yokels.
You hate here, then find a country that has a white glove past and has no history of throwing stones at anyone.... good luck with that.
They didn't shit marble.
Irrelevant.
They were a bunch fo twats who didn't want to pay their fair share in taxes. The Good stuff happened because of Lincoln, FDR and a bunch of other guys who actually cashed the check they wrote.
Your hate of American history is irrelevant to the convo.
Understandably, the Gun Industry can pour Millions into Congress. The average citizen might be able to get his state or city to pass a sensible gun law, but then the gun industry drags that shit right into court, and it gets struck down.
And why is that... "Shall not be infringed".
I did pick myself up again. But I don't put the guys who fuck it up back into power. Bush should have been the last Republican President. He would have been if we weren't using a backward method to pick presidents.

Talk to some of your fellow wingnuts.

Sweet evil Jesus, man, it's BEAR arms, BEAR arms, not "bare" arms. No one is denying you the opportunity to wear a short-sleeved shirt.
Using the wrong word, which is my bad, doesn't invalidate my point, and you understand it as well. But what's the worse evil, debating using bias and opinion verses facts. You're a college grad, you should know this.
understand the culture very well. James "Joker Holmes" and Robert "Awake the Rapper" Crimo III were two mentally ill men who, for absolutely no good reason, were able to buy Military Grade weapons and murder a whole bunch of people. It was a thing that happened. It was in all the papers.

If Gun Owners were really responsible, they'd have no problem with sensible gun laws to keep guys like Awake and Joker from getting guns.
A lot sensible gun owners are okay with sensible laws. Including myself. The problem is you illogically place gun owners, all of them, into the same bath waters as the "gun nuts". I'm okay with background checks. I think gun owners should go through some training, but also in understanding operation and the legalities that come with the responsibility. I'm for proper storage in certain circumstance.

No, I'm not reading any bullshit links. It doesn't make any sense TODAY for your average citizen to own a gun.
Yes it does. You can go on youtube and find many videos inside the U.S. and outside the U.S. of armed citizens stopping crimes.
HOWEVER, the biggest reason that the citizens should BEAR arms, is to keep the gov't in check. You know that to be true. The founding fathers wanted to protect our freedoms and in order to do so, the people needed to be armed. Period. The 2A, and the history of the 2A completely negates this statement.

Perhaps you don't visualize a time that the people need to act against our own gov't. Perhaps you think the power of voting is all we need. And to a point, voting is all we should need to use. However, history has shown that power can corrupt. And when the people need to act they need the ability to do.

That was 100 fucking years ago. I'm perfectly happy if a School Massacre only happens once every 100 years.
Ignoring the point I'm making doesn't make it go away.

And the point, as I'm sure you fully understand, is that if someone wants to do harm, you can take guns away, but that doesn't take the opportunity to do evil. Mass murder is absolutely capable and someone doesn't need a gun to do that.

And the gun store........denied him the supressor because they looked at his Background Check form, saw he checked the box for a mental health committment, and refused to sell him the gun....

Of the two entities.....the gun store actually did it's job, the government failed to do it's job......yet idiots like joe and candy corn want us to be completely dependent on government to protect us...
Nope, I want the government to be able to do it's job, and that means if it takes a month for you go get approved for your "compensation", so be it.

Where. give me one example of than your 'bushmaster' image you pulled off the interwebs.
Uh, guy, you told me to give you an example of the gun industry marketing to crazies... I gave you one.

I've posted the following video before, tell use where this video is wrong in any way.
Um, the guy is nuts? His dick is probably tiny, too... but I'm not that curious.

And the gov't has. You can't walk in and just buy a gun without a background check... can you? Are guns on the shelf to just pick up, buy, and walk out. No, they are behind the counter, like sudafed and other meds, only for a consumer to ask an associate to handle and see.

Here's the thing. The drug stores don't want Walter White to get the ingredients for Crystal Meth. They know if the FDA found out Walter got all his ingredients at your drug store, you're going to have some 'splaining to do. The Gun industry WANTS the crazies to have guns. Because then everyone else will be scared and want them, too. Which is why they fight any legislation that comes along.

You hate here, then find a country that has a white glove past and has no history of throwing stones at anyone.... good luck with that.

Only a child responds to valid criticism with "WHY DO YOU HATE ME!" I guess you are a "kid", but I find most libertarians are children.

Your hate of American history is irrelevant to the convo.
History is history. If you want to feel good about history, then you aren't reading history, you are reading propaganda. The Founders were assholes, and if they had lost, life wouldn't have been horrible. We'd be CANADIANS if they had lost. We'd have ended slavery without a civil war or Jim Crow, and we'd have socialized medicine.

And why is that... "Shall not be infringed".
Well Regulated Militia.

A lot sensible gun owners are okay with sensible laws. Including myself. The problem is you illogically place gun owners, all of them, into the same bath waters as the "gun nuts". I'm okay with background checks. I think gun owners should go through some training, but also in understanding operation and the legalities that come with the responsibility. I'm for proper storage in certain circumstance.

I am sure there are a lot of responsible gun owners out there, but they keep quiet; that's the thing. Even gun owners want sensible laws to keep guys like Card, Crimo, and Holmes from having guns... but every time we have one of these massacres, the NRA terrorizes Congress, and nothing gets better.

This is why I say the gun industry should run background checks, just like the banks do. But they have all the liability if something goes wrong.

HOWEVER, the biggest reason that the citizens should BEAR arms, is to keep the gov't in check.

Nope, that's a stupid reason. Only a brain dead mouthbreater would say that.
The Government has tanks.
The government has bombers
the government has warships
the government has nukes.

Your little gun isn't going to stop the government, because they have bigger guns, badder guns, and they are a lot better with them.

Perhaps you don't visualize a time that the people need to act against our own gov't. Perhaps you think the power of voting is all we need. And to a point, voting is all we should need to use. However, history has shown that power can corrupt. And when the people need to act they need the ability to do.

Nope, I realize that if our democracy goes tits up, nuts with guns won't make it any better. If anything, they'll probably make it worse. Because after they've given you gun nuts the "Koresh" treatment, people will all breathe a sigh of relief the government protected us from you.

Ignoring the point I'm making doesn't make it go away.
You didn't have a point, Stupid. The fact you have to go back 100 years to find someone pulling off a school massacre without a gun should tell you that guns have made that sort of thing a lot easier.

Uh, guy, you told me to give you an example of the gun industry marketing to crazies... I gave you one.
I have no idea where that image came from. It could be a banner on a website for gun enthusiasts. You show me mass marketing outside the gun industry? Show my on piece of marketing that is creating a "crazy gun culture". You make the claim, you should be able to back it up.
Um, the guy is nuts? His dick is probably tiny, too... but I'm not that curious.
Just like this guy?

Oh, and good job at refuting anything he said in the video, which you probably didn't even watch.

Here's the thing. The drug stores don't want Walter White to get the ingredients for Crystal Meth. They know if the FDA found out Walter got all his ingredients at your drug store, you're going to have some 'splaining to do. The Gun industry WANTS the crazies to have guns. Because then everyone else will be scared and want them, too. Which is why they fight any legislation that comes along.
No, they fight because the 2A is a right
Only a child responds to valid criticism with "WHY DO YOU HATE ME!" I guess you are a "kid", but I find most libertarians are children.
Seriously, you're stating that a response is "childlike" as you throw out the "He probably has a tiny dick" comment.
History is history. If you want to feel good about history, then you aren't reading history, you are reading propaganda. The Founders were assholes, and if they had lost, life wouldn't have been horrible. We'd be CANADIANS if they had lost. We'd have ended slavery without a civil war or Jim Crow, and we'd have socialized medicine.
You're right history is history. There is a lot to dislike about American history. But you're absolute disdain for everything American begs the question, why are you still here?
Well Regulated Militia.
By the people. I posted a link that had historical relevance that the founding fathers didn't like to have "standing" armies. So the people were to be armed. Those people comprised of the militias when needed. However, they didn't want them to be a "standing" army to be controlled by the Federal Gov't. In the same link I provided, two states constitutions provided context that the people were to be armed. But if you can't follow the link to read it, I'll post it hear for your reading and viewing pleasure.

Article XIII of the Pennsylvania Declaration of Rights of 1776 read

That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the state; and as standing armies in the time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; And that the military should be kept under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.6
Similarly, as another example, Massachusetts’s Declaration of Rights from 1780 provided:

The people have a right to keep and to bear arms for the common defence. And as, in time of peace, armies are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be maintained without the consent of the legislature; and the military power shall always be held in an exact subordination to the civil authority, and be governed by it.7
I am sure there are a lot of responsible gun owners out there, but they keep quiet
Not all of them are quiet. But the left doesn't like them and if they speak too loudly they are then tiny dick crazy gun people as you would point out.
that's the thing. Even gun owners want sensible laws to keep guys like Card, Crimo, and Holmes from having guns... but every time we have one of these massacres, the NRA terrorizes Congress, and nothing gets better.
I'm not sure the NRA is "terrorizing" anyone. The Supreme court has been doing just fine in defining what is constitutional and what is not constitutional.
This is why I say the gun industry should run background checks, just like the banks do. But they have all the liability if something goes wrong.
Then do the same for Alcohol, which will kill a lot more Americans than gun will this year... But those deaths don't matter do they? And why don't they, because people on the left and the right like their booze. And if history has anything to say about it, we tried prohibition. DIdn't work out to well. Oh, and we do have laws on drinking, DUIs etc., But people still drive illegally and will kill others or themselves medically. But, again, this is not a politically divisive tool to garner votes. But when one of these parties figures out how many votes they can get, they will make it an issue.
Nope, that's a stupid reason. Only a brain dead mouthbreater would say that.
The Government has tanks.
The government has bombers
the government has warships
the government has nukes.
Do you honestly think the US gov't would resort to destroying it's own infrastructure and even potentially Nukes?
Your little gun isn't going to stop the government, because they have bigger guns, badder guns, and they are a lot better with them.
But they will think twice against armed citizens, which, you don't seem to get or understand. So the gov't can go to hell, and as long as the Gov't keeps JoeB safe and secure in his little apartment and gives him bread and water to eat while taking away the liberties and rights, you're okay with that? Just don't go running to a crazy gun owner who's protecting your rights when and if shit hits the fan.
Nope, I realize that if our democracy goes tits up, nuts with guns won't make it any better. If anything, they'll probably make it worse. Because after they've given you gun nuts the "Koresh" treatment, people will all breathe a sigh of relief the government protected us from you.
Koresh and that community fucking hit the off button on themselves.
You didn't have a point, Stupid.
Duly noted... again. But, I know you are but what am I....

The fact you have to go back 100 years to find someone pulling off a school massacre without a gun should tell you that guns have made that sort of thing a lot easier.
And you ignore the point. Take guns away, and people are still evil. Right?

I have no idea where that image came from.
You know damned well where it came from. Don't be dishonest.
Oh, and good job at refuting anything he said in the video, which you probably didn't even watch.
No, I don't watch videos by gun crazies, because honestly, Ive said the best argument for gun control is to let the gun crazies talk.

No, they fight because the 2A is a right
Nope, it was about militias.
You're right history is history. There is a lot to dislike about American history.
That's downplaying it, isn't it. Genocide and slavery are not "minor trifles".

By the people. I posted a link that had historical relevance that the founding fathers didn't like to have "standing" armies. So the people were to be armed.

And then everyone realized that didn't work, which is why we established a standing army and staning police forces.

I'm not sure the NRA is "terrorizing" anyone. The Supreme court has been doing just fine in defining what is constitutional and what is not constitutional.

Sure they are.. they spend a lot of money against anyone who even talks about a sensible gun law.

hen do the same for Alcohol, which will kill a lot more Americans than gun will this year... But those deaths don't matter do they? And why don't they, because people on the left and the right like their booze.
Exept the Alcohol industry is responsible. They work very hard to not sell to minors, they promote responsible use, every commericial has a tagline of "Drink Responsibly".

Do you honestly think the US gov't would resort to destroying it's own infrastructure and even potentially Nukes?
I suspect if the government saw a group as a big enough threat, they'd do exactly that.

But they will think twice against armed citizens, which, you don't seem to get or understand.
No, they wouldn't. You think an 18 year old kid who has been indoctirnated to do what his superiors tell him is going to question orders?

And you ignore the point. Take guns away, and people are still evil. Right?

Yes, but they aren't as effective, that's the point. The incident you keep going on about took a lot of planning to execute, and no one pulled something off like it since. (The Columbine boys tried). Get it?

yes, Adam Lanza, Awake the Rapper, Joker Holmes would still be "evil" (or maybe just mentally ill) but they just couldn't do that much damage without a gun.

I did. Lower population density.

Gary actually has a higher murder rate than Chicago. So is Indianapolis.

But the real problem- again- is businesses in Indiana openly flaunting Illinois laws. Like this guy.

View attachment 851575

Driving from IL to IN to get to a wedding in Michigan, I saw billboard signs for this jackass every. On the way back through Indiana... same route. Not one sign for this guy. Amazing.
You can't be this dense. It's not possible.

Forum List

Back