About that shooting at the Balitmore university shooting...why the story disappeared so fast. Wanna guess?

That maybe one of your dumbest and most illogical comment, to date. You're beginning to rival IM2 with your illogical bias against firearms and the 2A. Seriously... you might be the same guy at this point.

Your concession is duly noted. Who do you think the "Man Card" ad is aimed towards?

Again, you want it to be a industry gun store thing because you don't want to be wrong. Therefore you latch onto conjecture and hyperbole.

Nope, I look at how an industry conducts itself... and judge accordingly.

Again, you have no proof that the "Gun Industry" want guns in the hands of crooks. None. You're postulating conjecture because you can't be wrong.

Oh, I'm wrong all the time, it's how I get to right. Like, I used to vote Republican until I realized they were full of shit.

But here's how I know the gun industry is complicit. If they weren't, they'd change their practices.

When some maniac poisoned Tylenol back in the 1980's, the manufacturer changed how they did packaging to prevent tampering, and the entire industry followed.

When some people started using antihistamines to make Crystal Meth, the industry insisted on tough standards for selling it.

When the gun industry sees maniacs using their products to mow down schoolchildren and parade-goers, they fight like hell against even the most sensible precautions to keep them out of the hands of maniacs.

As the Good Book says, "By their works you shall know them".

The 2A along with state constitutions support and reinforce our rights to bare (sic) arms with strong historical evidence (that you have tried to refute time and time again). That doesn't mean someone like YOU should carry a gun, because not all men are created equal and if something were to happen inside this country that real men need to standup and fight for, we don't need some men pissing their pants.

I was in the Army for 11 years.... I've done more to defend this country than you ever will. You need to get your Man Card reissued, apparently.

We are not safer because assholes can buy guns. Quite the contrary, we are in more danger because of the crazy opinion that the Militia Amendment gives everyone the right to BEAR arms.

Hey Joe is this a Red Flag? He also lied on his gun purchase app. Known drug addict.

Not a red flag to me. I see a guy who didn't know he had a problem, like most addicts (of legal and illegal substances) don't realize.

If you guys were serious about not having addicts by guns, then give them a piss test, just like every employer does to keep addicts off the payroll.

Dude you are retarded. It's illegal to ban the sale of firearms. Red flags laws will have very little impact. This isn't precrime in that Tom Crusie sci fi movie.

And if we were putting people in prison, you might have a point.

We are just taking their guns before the hurt someone.

Your concession is duly noted. Who do you think the "Man Card" ad is aimed towards?

Nope, I look at how an industry conducts itself... and judge accordingly.
Nope you let your bias judge.
Oh, I'm wrong all the time, it's how I get to right. Like, I used to vote Republican until I realized they were full of shit.

But here's how I know the gun industry is complicit. If they weren't, they'd change their practices.

When some maniac poisoned Tylenol back in the 1980's, the manufacturer changed how they did packaging to prevent tampering, and the entire industry followed.
False equivalency. The gun manufacturers don't have associates adding AI to weapons that allow the guns to walk out and shoot people on their own of accord with no human intervention. Gun manufacturers at the MFG level are doing nothing to tamper with the federal or local laws to promote illegal sales.
When some people started using antihistamines to make Crystal Meth, the industry insisted on tough standards for selling it.
And, you can STILL Buy it and people are still making meth... Are you serious right now?
When the gun industry sees maniacs using their products to mow down schoolchildren and parade-goers, they fight like hell against even the most sensible precautions to keep them out of the hands of maniacs.

As the Good Book says, "By their works you shall know them".
Why do they have to fight, because we have politicians that want to remove the 2A. As tragic as those incidents are, the right for every man and woman to bare arms exists and shall not be infringed. So what will YOU do when the gov't go tits up after guns are removed and Americans have no way to protect themselves from the gov't.

I was in the Army for 11 years.... I've done more to defend this country than you ever will. You need to get your Man Card reissued, apparently.
Than fucking act like you were in the military. What did you do for 11 years that has you coming out and now a fucking bleeding heart liberal? 2008... Republicans did this... whaaa whaaa. Republicans did lied whaa whaa...
11 Years in the military and what have you done since then?
If you were in the military, then you should understand the reasoning for the ability for the people to protect this country. You're nothing more than a traitor and a Benedict.
We are not safer because assholes can buy guns. Quite the contrary, we are in more danger because of the crazy opinion that the Militia Amendment gives everyone the right to BEAR arms.
Again, 11 years in the military and you think the 2A is an opinion. I swear to go you can't make this shit up.

False equivalency. The gun manufacturers don't have associates adding AI to weapons that allow the guns to walk out and shoot people on their own of accord with no human intervention. Gun manufacturers at the MFG level are doing nothing to tamper with the federal or local laws to promote illegal sales.

Again, the problem isn't in the manufacturing; it's in the MARKETING. The gun industry KNOWS how these guns are being used and are frequently marketing to the wrong people.

The AR-15 design has been around for 60 years or so, but no one thought of marketing it to civilians at the time. It was designed for the military. Then the gun industry realized that it was popular amongst crazies and started marketing it to the crazies.

And, you can STILL Buy it and people are still making meth... Are you serious right now?
The point is, they aren't making it in their kitchens, which was the problem for a while. Sure, there are always going to be operations making it, but that avenue was closed.

Why do they have to fight, because we have politicians that want to remove the 2A. As tragic as those incidents are, the right for every man and woman to bare arms exists and shall not be infringed. So what will YOU do when the gov't go tits up after guns are removed and Americans have no way to protect themselves from the gov't.

I'm going to break this to you gently. There are no "Rights". There are only privileges that society thinks you can have.

If the majority turned against gun ownership, we'd see guns banned.

The Second Amendment is about militias... It was interpreted that way for over 200 years.

Than fucking act like you were in the military. What did you do for 11 years that has you coming out and now a fucking bleeding heart liberal? 2008... Republicans did this... whaaa whaaa. Republicans did lied whaa whaa...
11 Years in the military and what have you done since then?

Why should more be required when it's clearly more than most of you did?

What happened was I got to work for private companies AFTER 40 years of Republicans demolishing the middle class. The capper was after I busted up my knee, I had a manager who worked very hard to get rid of me after six years because "He didn't have to deal with a union".

The Republicans are for the rich; the Democrats are for the working man. Sorry, you are too stupid to see that, bitterly Clinging to your gun and your bible.

If you were in the military, then you should understand the reasoning for the ability for the people to protect this country. You're nothing more than a traitor and a Benedict.

This country isn't going to be protected by Joker Holmes and Awake the Rapper having AR-15s. What I learned in the military is the strength of a military is its ability to act as a unit. And you don't have that with crazies running around with guns.

Again, 11 years in the military and you think the 2A is an opinion. I swear to go you can't make this shit up.

I think the 2A is about militias. Because that was the context it was written in. It was written at a time when VERY FEW people owned guns, and the original draft of the Amendment also allowed for religious exemptions for militia service. Combined with the 3rd Amendment, you can see that the intent of the Founding Slave Rapists was to regulate a militia.

Now, all that said, even if a "right to bear arms" made sense in 1787, does it make sense today? The Founding Fathers also thought Slavery was nifty, only property-owning males should vote, and

You wouldn't have had a school shooter in 1787. He'd pick off maybe one kid before all the other kids ran away while he was reloading his muzzle from his powder horn. If the technology changes, we need to rethink the rest of it, too.

View attachment 851179

The sweeping Gun Trace Report that then-Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s administration published in 2017 showed that nearly one in four guns picked up by the Chicago police between 2013 and 2016 came from just 10 stores in Illinois and northern Indiana. The top three stores together accounted for 2,000 crime guns.

In four inspections at Blythe’s Sports Shop in Griffith, Indiana, between 2000 and 2009, ATF issued warnings to owner Rodger Blythe for violations that included selling to underage customers and to someone who identified themself as a convicted felon, failing to notify the ATF of multiple sales and failing to properly record firearm transfers.

In a 2011 inspection, investigators found the store had “aided the making of false statements” on federally mandated purchasing forms and sold to a person buying weapons on behalf of someone else — a federal crime known as straw purchasing.

And again you have to wxplain why Indiana doesnt have more gun crime

And again you have to wxplain why Indiana doesnt have more gun crime

I did. Lower population density.

Gary actually has a higher murder rate than Chicago. So is Indianapolis.

But the real problem- again- is businesses in Indiana openly flaunting Illinois laws. Like this guy.

1698834602741.png

Driving from IL to IN to get to a wedding in Michigan, I saw billboard signs for this jackass every. On the way back through Indiana... same route. Not one sign for this guy. Amazing.

But the real problem- again- is businesses in Indiana openly flaunting Illinois laws. Like this guy.

View attachment 851575

Driving from IL to IN to get to a wedding in Michigan, I saw billboard signs for this jackass every. On the way back through Indiana... same route. Not one sign for this guy. Amazing.

Moron......again, you have to explain why Indiana doesn't have higher gun murder rates than Chicago....and the gun stores in Indiana do mandatory gun background checks, just like you assholes demand.....there is no flaunting of any laws....

You also have to explain why Texas has lower gun murder than Chicago.......you doofus.

View attachment 851575

You have to explain why New York criminals can't use google maps.....

Funny how all of the below cities are run by democrats...total control...top to bottom...

Chicago had 697 total homicides in 2022, higher than Philadelphia (516), New York City (438), Houston (435), and Los Angeles (382). Chicago has led the nation for the 11th straight year, the report concluded.

Moron......again, you have to explain why Indiana doesn't have higher gun murder rates than Chicago.

Indiana is a state.
Chicago is a city.

So if you want to compare cities to cities, Indy and Gary have higher murder rates than Chicago.

If you want to compare states, Illinois is slightly higher than Indiana, but not by much.

Indiana is a state.
Chicago is a city.

So if you want to compare cities to cities, Indy and Gary have higher murder rates than Chicago.

If you want to compare states, Illinois is slightly higher than Indiana, but not by much.

Nope.......if Indianapolis and Gary have such easy access to guns, their gun murder number would be astronomically higher than Chicago.....they aren't.

You also have to show that Indiana gun stores are not doing their Federal Background checks for gun sales......you can't.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/07/the-chicago-gun-myth/

Lightfoot claims that 60 percent of the guns used in Chicago murders are bought from out of state. I assume she is relying on 2017’s suspect “gun trace report,” which looked at guns confiscated in criminal acts from 2013 and 2016.

Even if we trusted the city’s data, most guns used in Illinois crimes are bought in-state. If gun laws in Illinois — which earns a grade of “A-“ from the pro-gun-control Gifford Law Center, tied for second highest in the country after New Jersey — are more effective than gun laws in Missouri, Wisconsin, or Indiana, why is it that FFL dealers in suburban Cook County are the origin point for a third of the crime guns recovered in Chicago, and home to “seven of the top ten source dealers”?

According to the trace study, 11.2 percent of all crime guns recovered in Chicago could be tracked to just two gun shops.

The only reason, it seems, criminals take the drive to Indiana is because local gun shops are tapped out. There is a tremendous demand for weapons in Chicago. That’s not Mississippi’s fault. And Lightfoot’s contention only proves that criminals in her city can get their hands on guns rather easily, while most law-abiding citizens have no way to defend themselves.

Lightfoot may also be surprised to learn that California borders on states with liberal gun laws, such as Arizona, Nevada, and Oregon. Yet no big city in California has quite the murder and criminality of Chicago. New York borders on states with liberal gun laws, such as Vermont, Pennsylvania, and New Hampshire. Yet NYC’s murder rate is only fraction of Chicago’s. Texas gets an “F” from Gifford Law Center, yet Houston and Dallas have murder rates that are half of that in Chicago. The rates in Austin and El Paso are tiny when compared to Chicago.

Again, the problem isn't in the manufacturing; it's in the MARKETING. The gun industry KNOWS how these guns are being used and are frequently marketing to the wrong people.
Show me an example of marketing to the wrong people. This is just your opinion to support a premise that has no foundation.
The AR-15 design has been around for 60 years or so, but no one thought of marketing it to civilians at the time. It was designed for the military. Then the gun industry realized that it was popular amongst crazies and started marketing it to the crazies.
True, but not the entire narrative. Colt mass produced the M-16 after obtaining the rights from Armalite and the gun was made available to both military and the semi-auto version to civilians (shortly after military adoption, long before this "Marketing to crazies" as you put it was put in place). When the patten ended, other manufactures jumped on the band wagon. Why, because of the 2A. But Colt did sell the AR-15, Semi-auto version to the public well before the patten ended.

Also, the military has always had SURPLUS. This surplus of arms which have historically been made available to the public. The only thing stopping the surplus of AR style rifles to the public is the full auto (which the public can get a license for FYI).

Your "Marketing to Crazies" premise is severely lacking.
The point is, they aren't making it in their kitchens, which was the problem for a while. Sure, there are always going to be operations making it, but that avenue was closed.
The avenue is not closed. You can still go buy the ingredients. It's just a bit harder to do so.
I'm going to break this to you gently. There are no "Rights". There are only privileges that society thinks you can have.
Disagree. The 2A is a right. People like you feel it's not a right. The Founding Fathers would absolutely disagree with you.
If the majority turned against gun ownership, we'd see guns banned.
So why isn't the majority turning. Because the vast majority understand that people have the right to project self and country from internal or external threats. A right that some of you want to give up because of the love of gov't, which is completely backwards in how we should view the gov't.
The Second Amendment is about militias... It was interpreted that way for over 200 years.
Wrong again. Yet, you provide no historical evidence or case logic.
Why should more be required when it's clearly more than most of you did?

What happened was I got to work for private companies AFTER 40 years of Republicans demolishing the middle class. The capper was after I busted up my knee, I had a manager who worked very hard to get rid of me after six years because "He didn't have to deal with a union".
Really, I don't care, and no one else does. I've said it before, a lot of people were affected by the economy, job losses, etc., And many picked themselves up and moved on. I shouldn't have even brought it up.
The Republicans are for the rich; the Democrats are for the working man.
That's the narrative the Dems want you believing in. But that's not the case. We have an economy and a system that allows for the attainment of wealth. The individual decides on what amount it takes to make them happy, successful, etc., So if you're happy with where you're at in life, so be it. If not, then go make a change. The democratic party as I see them, is a party that points to success and says "Look at what they have, that's not fair, take it from them". Instead, the Dems should be focusing on the "how" and the tools available to succeed instead of vilifying success The republicans want to keep that success available and it should be done fairly with equity in opportunity.

Sorry, you are too stupid to see that, bitterly Clinging to your gun and your bible.
I don't cling to either the bible or gun. In fact, I think making any correlation between Jesus/God/Christianity and Guns is complete bullshit and antithesis to the NT Jesus.

However, we as a citizens have the ability and right to bare arms.
This country isn't going to be protected by Joker Holmes and Awake the Rapper having AR-15s. What I learned in the military is the strength of a military is its ability to act as a unit. And you don't have that with crazies running around with guns.
Again, conjecture. There are plenty of civilians that take absolute responsibility with ownership, but also training. Joker Holmes and Awake the rapper, if that's the image you have, then you really don't understand the culture and poorly misinformed.
I think the 2A is about militias.
Clearly you're admitting your thought is opinion..."I think".
Because that was the context it was written in.
Read this (seriously) and come back to me:

It was written at a time when VERY FEW people owned guns, and the original draft of the Amendment also allowed for religious exemptions for militia service. Combined with the 3rd Amendment, you can see that the intent of the Founding Slave Rapists was to regulate a militia.
The fact that very few owned guns at the time or shortly before the revolution supports the need for the people to be armed to keep balance between the gov't and the people. Thus why you need to read the above link and get back to me.
Now, all that said, even if a "right to bear arms" made sense in 1787, does it make sense today? The Founding Fathers also thought Slavery was nifty, only property-owning males should vote.
Cleary, not apples and oranges. The balance of power between the people is force. The founding fathers realized this.
You wouldn't have had a school shooter in 1787. He'd pick off maybe one kid before all the other kids ran away while he was reloading his muzzle from his powder horn. If the technology changes, we need to rethink the rest of it, too.
I think the largest school tragedy was due to explosions.

Also, the military has always had SURPLUS. This surplus of arms which have historically been made available to the public. The only thing stopping the surplus of AR style rifles to the public is the full auto (which the public can get a license for FYI).
A sad state of affairs, as CMP M14s would sell like hotcakes.

Show me an example of marketing to the wrong people.
Sweet Evil Jesus, I already did that!
True, but not the entire narrative. Colt mass produced the M-16 after obtaining the rights from Armalite and the gun was made available to both military and the semi-auto version to civilians (shortly after military adoption, long before this "Marketing to crazies" as you put it was put in place). When the patten ended, other manufactures jumped on the band wagon. Why, because of the 2A. But Colt did sell the AR-15, Semi-auto version to the public well before the patten ended.

The point was, they weren't common until the 1990's, when the gun makers started marketing to the nuts.

The avenue is not closed. You can still go buy the ingredients. It's just a bit harder to do so.
EXACTLY! We've made it HARDER!!! Just like we should make it HARDER for crazies to get guns. You are finally getting it.
Disagree. The 2A is a right. People like you feel it's not a right. The Founding Fathers would absolutely disagree with you.

The Founding Slave Rapists would have disagreed with me on a lot of things because they were a bunch of racists, slave owners, and superstitious yokels. They didn't shit marble. They were a bunch fo twats who didn't want to pay their fair share in taxes. The Good stuff happened because of Lincoln, FDR and a bunch of other guys who actually cashed the check they wrote.

So why isn't the majority turning. Because the vast majority understand that people have the right to project self and country from internal or external threats. A right that some of you want to give up because of the love of gov't, which is completely backwards in how we should view the gov't.

The majority turned a long time ago. The problem is Congress is too afraid of the National Rampage Association to do anything about it.

Understandably, the Gun Industry can pour Millions into Congress. The average citizen might be able to get his state or city to pass a sensible gun law, but then the gun industry drags that shit right into court, and it gets struck down.

Really, I don't care, and no one else does. I've said it before, a lot of people were affected by the economy, job losses, etc., And many picked themselves up and moved on. I shouldn't have even brought it up.

I did pick myself up again. But I don't put the guys who fuck it up back into power. Bush should have been the last Republican President. He would have been if we weren't using a backward method to pick presidents.

I don't cling to either the bible or gun. In fact, I think making any correlation between Jesus/God/Christianity and Guns is complete bullshit and antithesis to the NT Jesus.
Talk to some of your fellow wingnuts.
However, we as a citizens have the ability and right to bare arms.

Sweet evil Jesus, man, it's BEAR arms, BEAR arms, not "bare" arms. No one is denying you the opportunity to wear a short-sleeved shirt.

Again, conjecture. There are plenty of civilians that take absolute responsibility with ownership, but also training. Joker Holmes and Awake the rapper, if that's the image you have, then you really don't understand the culture and poorly misinformed.

I understand the culture very well. James "Joker Holmes" and Robert "Awake the Rapper" Crimo III were two mentally ill men who, for absolutely no good reason, were able to buy Military Grade weapons and murder a whole bunch of people. It was a thing that happened. It was in all the papers.

If Gun Owners were really responsible, they'd have no problem with sensible gun laws to keep guys like Awake and Joker from getting guns.

The fact that very few owned guns at the time or shortly before the revolution supports the need for the people to be armed to keep balance between the gov't and the people. Thus why you need to read the above link and get back to me.

No, I'm not reading any bullshit links. It doesn't make any sense TODAY for your average citizen to own a gun.

Cleary, not apples and oranges. The balance of power between the people is force. The founding fathers realized this.

The Founding Fathers didn't want everyone to have guns. They didn't want slaves to have guns. They didn't want the Native Americans to have guns. They didn't want the Urban Poor to have guns.

I think the largest school tragedy was due to explosions.
That was 100 fucking years ago. I'm perfectly happy if a School Massacre only happens once every 100 years.

Joe, you're a smart man. You know that the vast majority of those 600 "Mass Shootings" are done in the inner city by urban wanna-be gang bangers and thugs who illegally posses guns. So the narrative you espouse is only fractionally true.
Since 2009, 288 in schools. Just over 20 a year.

Since 2009, 288 in schools. Just over 20 a year.

Wrong.....you dipshit....from mother hones....

The actual number of mass shootings from Mother Jones......

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

2018... 12

2017: 11 ( 5 according to the old standard)

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

School shootings...

2015....1 (community college)

Deer kill 200 people a year.....

Lawn mowers between 90-100 people a year....

Ladders 300 people a year....

bathtubs 350 people a year...

Cars killed over 39,000 people in 2019...

Total number of people killed in mass public shootings by year...

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones
1985...(none listed)
1983 (none listed)

The point was, they weren't common until the 1990's, when the gun makers started marketing to the nuts.

EXACTLY! We've made it HARDER!!! Just like we should make it HARDER for crazies to get guns. You are finally getting it.

The Founding Slave Rapists would have disagreed with me on a lot of things because they were a bunch of racists, slave owners, and superstitious yokels. They didn't shit marble. They were a bunch fo twats who didn't want to pay their fair share in taxes. The Good stuff happened because of Lincoln, FDR and a bunch of other guys who actually cashed the check they wrote.

The majority turned a long time ago. The problem is Congress is too afraid of the National Rampage Association to do anything about it.

Understandably, the Gun Industry can pour Millions into Congress. The average citizen might be able to get his state or city to pass a sensible gun law, but then the gun industry drags that shit right into court, and it gets struck down.

I did pick myself up again. But I don't put the guys who fuck it up back into power. Bush should have been the last Republican President. He would have been if we weren't using a backward method to pick presidents.

Sweet evil Jesus, man, it's BEAR arms, BEAR arms, not "bare" arms. No one is denying you the opportunity to wear a short-sleeved shirt.

I understand the culture very well. James "Joker Holmes" and Robert "Awake the Rapper" Crimo III were two mentally ill men who, for absolutely no good reason, were able to buy Military Grade weapons and murder a whole bunch of people. It was a thing that happened. It was in all the papers.

If Gun Owners were really responsible, they'd have no problem with sensible gun laws to keep guys like Awake and Joker from getting guns.

No, I'm not reading any bullshit links. It doesn't make any sense TODAY for your average citizen to own a gun.

The Founding Fathers didn't want everyone to have guns. They didn't want slaves to have guns. They didn't want the Native Americans to have guns. They didn't want the Urban Poor to have guns.

That was 100 fucking years ago. I'm perfectly happy if a School Massacre only happens once every 100 years.

You currently vote for the political party actually created by slave rapists...you idiot.

Wrong, the people who would eventually become democrats, the slave owners, didn't want slaves to have guns...and that political party, the party thats owned the slaves, the democrats, still don't want people to own guns...

Forum List

Back