About my ex...

My ex and I divorced several years ago but we're still best friends. We see each other about twice a week, and it's always her idea what we do next. She cleans my house once a week, and that's her idea too, though I pay her.

I still love my ex. Is it possible she still loves me too?

When we were married we were both unhappy. But after the divorce we have never gotten along better. We kept the good parts of our marriage, and jettisoned the bad.

Should I be satisfied with the way things are? Am I wrong to want her back?
Sounds like a awkward relationship.. just get back together. I think she still likes to be around you
She calls me several times a day, always returns my phone calls, and when we get together, it's almost always her idea.

On the other hand, she has a boyfriend she is living with.

I had a friend who had a word for what she thinks my ex-wife is doing:

"Dick under a glass"

Break the glass in case of emergency.
I must be a nice guy

A Catholic single's website sent me an email today discussing the case of a divorced couple who still hung out together and were best friends. The email said divorced couples should COMMIT to the divorce and not be best friends.

I found this very odd advice coming from a Catholic single's website. According to the teachings of the Catholic Church, my ex-wife and I are STILL MARRIED in the eyes of God, and will remain married until we get an annulment from the Catholic Church.

How could it be BAD for a couple that is still married in the eyes of God to be BEST FRIENDS?

Who made the Catholic Church and authority? Screw them. Divorced people who can get along, what could be bad about that? Especially if there are children? Like I said, screw the Catholic Church and fuck the pope. What do they know.

A Catholic single's website sent me an email today discussing the case of a divorced couple who still hung out together and were best friends. The email said divorced couples should COMMIT to the divorce and not be best friends.

I found this very odd advice coming from a Catholic single's website. According to the teachings of the Catholic Church, my ex-wife and I are STILL MARRIED in the eyes of God, and will remain married until we get an annulment from the Catholic Church.

How could it be BAD for a couple that is still married in the eyes of God to be BEST FRIENDS?

Who made the Catholic Church and authority? Screw them. Divorced people who can get along, what could be bad about that? Especially if there are children? Like I said, screw the Catholic Church and fuck the pope. What do they know.
I'm Catholic so it is me that made the Catholic Church my authority.

But I have looked into joining another church if I ever get remarried.

I looked at the Episcopalians, but they were so morally relativistic that I really couldn't see them as a serious alternative to Catholicism.

For example, the Episcopalian priest told me he personally believes the Eucharist is the real presence of Christ, but he has no problem if his parishioners don't believe it.

I'd probably have that problem with any Protestant church.

I'm Catholic so it is me that made the Catholic Church my authority.

But I have looked into joining another church if I ever get remarried.

I looked at the Episcopalians, but they were so morally relativistic that I really couldn't see them as a serious alternative to Catholicism.

For example, the Episcopalian priest told me he personally believes the Eucharist is the real presence of Christ, but he has no problem if his parishioners don't believe it.

I'd probably have that problem with any Protestant church.

No beef with you at all. Whatever the denomination, no man or woman has any authority over you. Go to whichever church you are compelled to go to. Pray about it but above all gods authority trumps any pastor or priest opinion period. Where was it, was it Paul who had to set one of his churches right about marriage? I'll have to look. If you can get along with an ex, to me that's a blessing and is holey. If there are kids it's even better.

My ex and I divorced several years ago but we're still best friends. We see each other about twice a week, and it's always her idea what we do next. She cleans my house once a week, and that's her idea too, though I pay her.

I still love my ex. Is it possible she still loves me too?

When we were married we were both unhappy. But after the divorce we have never gotten along better. We kept the good parts of our marriage, and jettisoned the bad.

Should I be satisfied with the way things are? Am I wrong to want her back?
You're really lucky because lots of divorced partners hate each other! :)

My ex and I are drifting apart it seems. She still comes over once a week to clean my house. We still talk and chat about the kids. But it's been a while since she came over and we watched TV and hung out.

I think maybe this is a good thing. There is another woman I'm interested in now. We've only seen each other once because of the Corona virus. But I've called her a few times and our conversations last 45 minutes. Today, she texted me a Happy Easter message.

So, I'm ready to move on and have my ex really be my ex.

Forum List

Back