Abortion vs. capital punishment

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Abortion is the killing of an unborn child who is innocent of any crime.

Capital punishment is used in the United States only as a punishment for first degree murder with aggravated circumstances.

What that means is that first degree murder isn't enough to get the death penalty, the condemned must be guilty of some circumstance that makes the crime worse.

Double murder, murder by ambush, murder by poison, these are murders that the law considers worse because of the extra wickedness in the heart of the murderer.

The pro-aborts like to say pro-lifers are hypocrites because we oppose abortion but favor capital punishment.

My response: What the fuck? What's wrong with opposing killing innocent unborn babies while favoring capital punishment of people who have committed first degree murder with aggravated circumstances? It's a perfectly logical position.

Let's consider the opposite position, a person who favors abortion but opposes capital punishment. That's REALLY fucked up. So fucked up in fact that only a complete insane person could hold such a position.

Or maybe you're just incapable of forming one and want to hide that fact.
The fact that you don't know how absurd your statement was proves you aren't intelligent enough to understand a serious counter argument if I made one.

The fact that you don't know how absurd your statement was proves you aren't intelligent enough to understand a serious counter argument if I made one.
That's not how proof works in a debate. Facts must be proven and so far all you've proven is you have no counter argument.

The pro-aborts like to say pro-lifers are hypocrites because we oppose abortion but favor capital punishment.

My response: What the fuck? What's wrong with opposing killing innocent unborn babies while favoring capital punishment of people who have committed first degree murder with aggravated circumstances? It's a perfectly logical position.
They pro abortion crowd are hypocrites for making the argument.

They celebrate the killing of the most innocent humans that exist while decrying the just execution of the most horrific criminals among us.

They pro abortion crowd are hypocrites for making the argument.

They celebrate the killing of the most innocent humans that exist while decrying the just execution of the most horrific criminals among us.
They are not innocent of forcing themselves on women against their will. As independent lives, we get to defend ourselves from that sort of thing.

They are not innocent of forcing themselves on women against their will. As independent lives, we get to defend ourselves from that sort of thing.
A child created in the womb of the mother by definition did not force itself upon anyone.

Is it part of the mother or an independent life? When independent life acts on another is that not the definition of force?
It isn't part of the mother, it has it's own DNA and can have even a different blood type.

Unless something goes wrong, there's not even a direct exchange of blood between the mother and baby.

It's natural habitat however is in the uterus where the mother created it until it is ready to be born full term.

Is it part of the mother or an independent life? When independent life acts on another is that not the definition of force?
What a ridiculous, convoluted, manufactured argument.

You seem mad at God for how he designed humans to procreate, take your anger out on him rather than our unborn children.

What a ridiculous, convoluted, manufactured argument.

You seem mad at God for how he designed humans to procreate, take your anger out on him rather than our unborn children.
I don't consider God at all because I don't believe that he exists.

That's not how proof works in a debate. Facts must be proven and so far all you've proven is you have no counter argument.
Proof? You didn't offer anything factual in your argument.

If the woman consents to the act that produces a baby and has the intelligence to know that one potential outcome of that act is pregnancy there's zero force being used against her.

A child she creates in her own womb cannot by any definition of the terms be said to have forced it's way upon her.

And you seem to want to steer the discussion over to emotion. I have no beef with nature. I quite enjoy it actually.
Emotion is the sole basis of your ridiculous, baseless, completely manufactured aregument.

There's certainly no logic or reasoning present in your argument.,

Forum List

Back