Abortion Trade Off/Compromise

Because I can vote how I choose to vote. We override thieves morals all the time via legislation.
Not really a valid analogy.

Legally a fetus in not a person and it never will be because the ramifications of giving a fetus all the rights of personhood are problematic and by doing do you basically are declaring the rights of the fetus take precedence over the rights of the mother.

Not really a valid analogy.

Legally a fetus in not a person and it never will be because the ramifications of giving a fetus all the rights of personhood are problematic and by doing do you basically are declaring the rights of the fetus take precedence over the rights of the mother.

They are person when the law says they are. In some States they are getting partial personhood via the restrictions.

In some States, that is the case, and again some laws in some States are extreme on the abortion restrictions side, just like some laws like in CA and NY are extreme on the abortion rights side.

This is going to take time to sort out.

They are person when the law says they are. In some States they are getting partial personhood via the restrictions.

In some States, that is the case, and again some laws in some States are extreme on the abortion restrictions side, just like some laws like in CA and NY are extreme on the abortion rights side.

This is going to take time to sort out.
And the problem with that is when you call a fetus a person in one state and not in another the law becomes arbitrary.

So if a pregnant woman who lives in another state where a fetus is not legally a person in any sense enters the state where the fetus is a person legally to visit family can she be detained if it is found out that she will be getting an abortion when she goes back to her home state?

And the problem with that is when you call a fetus a person in one state and not in another the law becomes arbitrary.

So if a pregnant woman who lives in another state where a fetus is not legally a person in any sense enters the state where the fetus is a person legally to visit family can she be detained if it is found out that she will be getting an abortion when she goes back to her home state?

Not at all. States regulate marriage differently, and many other things differently.

No, because the act isn't being committed in the State that regulates it. I'm already on the record as opposing States prosecuting "vacation abortions".

Not at all. States regulate marriage differently, and many other things differently.

No, because the act isn't being committed in the State that regulates it. I'm already on the record as opposing States prosecuting "vacation abortions".
But she is in a state that says a fetus is a person is she not supposed to follow the laws of that state while she is within its borders?

If she had a born child and said she was going to kill it when she got home should she be detained in the state she is visiting?

When a woman is ten weeks pregnant, how many functional physical brains and neurological life support systems are involved?

I don't care. it's a life that's alive, and is human.

Why do my morals override a murder's morals?

The answer to the first question at the top
Is “one”.

You express your personal morality on abortion as being that you consider the medical procedure of abortion at ten weeks to be murder. That is based on your reply third from the top.

Whereas criminal law being based upon common law finds one individual causing death to a separate individual who is legally established as alive by record of survival ving birth and living as a result of brain function including those in need of life sustaining medical support. But for a fetus to be murdered by its mother and doctor it has to be able to survive life outside the womb. That is a stage of development whereas as a minimum the fetus must have its own functional brain and neurological connections that regulate monitor and control all bodily functions of its own.,

When a woman is 10 weeks pregnant it is a fact that inside her body there is only one brain and one neurological system sustaining life. Is is therefore impossible for a woman to be charged with murder fir terminating her own pregnancy at that time?

Whereas criminal law being based upon common law finds one individual causing death to a separate individual who is legally established as alive by record of survival ving birth and living as a result of brain function including those in need of life sustaining medical support. But for a fetus to be murdered by its mother and doctor it has to be able to survive life outside the womb. That is a stage of development whereas as a minimum the fetus must have its own functional brain and neurological connections that regulate monitor and control all bodily functions of its own.,
Unless the law specifies otherwise.
Which it can.

Abortion is one of the crappiest debate subjects on the planet. People can NOT leave their feelz out of it. They just cant.
No facts, just emotion.
And the gop Supreme Court handed the D's an issue they couldn't have created for themselves. The gop took away a right from their constituents, so they ain't about to negotiate it away, esp because the gop can't win an up/down vote on the issue in Nebraska or Ohio.

But she is in a state that says a fetus is a person is she not supposed to follow the laws of that state while she is within its borders?

If she had a born child and said she was going to kill it when she got home should she be detained in the state she is visiting?

Most of them give partial personhood rights, not full, so that wouldn't really be an issue.

If she's dumb enough to say it out loud, to a prosecutor or law enforcement type, then she should be arrested for idiocy.

The gop took away a right from their constituents....
False.
The USSC ruled the Constitution does not protect the right ti an abortion.
The extent of the right, should lit exist, is left in the hqands of the states.
so they ain't about to negotiate it away, esp because the gop can't win an up/down vote on the issue in Nebraska or Ohio.
Whenever a state votes to protect abortion rights, you will cheer.
I will remind you that this electoral voctory was made possible by the USSC thru Dobbs.

The answer to the first question at the top
Is “one”.

You express your personal morality on abortion as being that you consider the medical procedure of abortion at ten weeks to be murder. That is based on your reply third from the top.

When a woman is 10 weeks pregnant it is a fact that inside her body there is only one brain and one neurological system sustaining life. Is is therefore impossible for a woman to be charged with murder fir terminating her own pregnancy at that time?

For people who believe life begins at conception, your whole screed is meaningless.

Life is life.

When a woman is ten weeks pregnant, how many functional physical brains and neurological life support systems are involved?

I don't care. it's a life that's alive, and is human.

They are person when the law says they are.

You need to care. The pregnant woman who does not want to be pregnant is a life that’s alive and is human and protected by the Constitution of the United States of America. She can only lose her liberty and or pay penalty of loss of her property for committing a crime against another individual who is not at the time, a part of her body.

What 10 week old fetus from the moment of conception cannot be made into a person for the purpose of prosecuting criminal law, which would deprive a woman who gets an abortion of liberty and or loss of her property. All the states can do now is ban the medical procedure that makes it safe legal and convenient when a woman makes that decision normally prior to 15 weeks of gestation

You cannot according to common law Mr martybgn serve as a proxy for a ten week brainless fetus because you have no harm being committed to your person or property.

There is no chance that a woman
Who terminates her own 10 week fetus go on some kind of rampage all around killing fetuses while they exist in the womb of other women. that would be murder in their own laws on the books for that.

You need to care. The pregnant woman who does not want to be pregnant is a life that’s alive and is human and protected by the Constitution of the United States of America. She can only lose her liberty and or pay penalty of loss of her property for committing a crime against another individual who is not at the time, a part of her body.

What 10 week old fetus from the moment of conception cannot be made into a person for the purpose of prosecuting criminal law, which would deprive a woman who gets an abortion of liberty and or loss of her property. All the states can do now is ban the medical procedure that makes it safe legal and convenient when a woman makes that decision normally prior to 15 weeks of gestation

You cannot according to common law Mr martybgn serve as a proxy for a ten week brainless fetus because you have no harm being committed to your person or property.

There is no chance that a woman
Who terminates her own 10 week fetus go on some kind of rampage all around killing fetuses while they exist in the womb of other women. that would be murder in their own laws on the books for that.

Don't care.

Life is life.
Checking out, ehhh? I believe life is life and it starts at conception. I just don’t believe the government has a right to do nine liberty to a woman because she is pregnant and does not wish to continue with the risk of harm to her life, liberty and pursuit of happiness that all Americans are entitled to no matter what state they live in, no matter their religious beliefs,

You as a libertarian you should think the same way.

Last edited:
Checking out, ehhh? I believe life is life and it starts at conception. I just don’t believe the government has a right to do nine liberty to a woman because she is pregnant and does not wish to continue with the risk of harm to her life, liberty and pursuit of happiness that all Americans are entitled to
No matter, what state do you live in, no matter their religious beliefs,

You is a libertarian you think the same way.

I believe that at some point the life inside the woman is just as important unless it's existence threatens the life of the mother.

And since it is reliant on the mother to remain alive, the woman is obligated to take it to term.

You need to care. The pregnant woman who does not want to be pregnant is a life that’s alive and is human and protected by the Constitution of the United States of America.
However, whatever right she has to abort that 10 week pregnancy is not.
What 10 week old fetus from the moment of conception cannot be made into a person for the purpose of prosecuting criminal law,
It can if the law says so.

What about the guy who ran over a dozen people in NYC?
I'd ask what you are talking about but I don't care.
Passing praise is passing praise. Your issue with him isn't the fetuses, it's that he butchered the women while doing it.
Not sure how you can find "praise" in anything I said. Duly noted you've lost the argument when you have to straight up lie.

The stupidty was trying to regulate medical procedures.

That's what will happen via the legislative process, and as usual you ignore the explicit 2nd amendment right to RKBA, and now without Roe there isn't even an inkling of abortion "rights" in the constitution.
So when we overturn Heller, we can get rid of this bizarre interpretation of the 2nd.

I'd ask what you are talking about but I don't care.

Not sure how you can find "praise" in anything I said. Duly noted you've lost the argument when you have to straight up lie.

The stupidty was trying to regulate medical procedures.

So when we overturn Heller, we can get rid of this bizarre interpretation of the 2nd.

Of course you do, you just want to ignore it.

Never going to happen.

Forum List

Back