A Woman Asked How Mike Rowe Could Associate With Glenn Beck. This is How He Responded

He appears not to understand what "collapse" means, either. I think he's operating under the assumption that the infrastructure will remain functional, and people will still be trotting to their 9-5 jobs via the subway and such.

If you read my post no two things are exactly the same. So that is a weak ass dodge.

No two apples are exactly the same, but comparing an apple and a monkey turd is still a fallacy.

Most people know that when you compare two things you are comparing the similarities not the differences. What was that about being bright?

The concept that association with Glenn Beck is the same as association with a known and admitted terrorist is comparing apples and monkey turds.

There is no validity - it is a logical fallacy.

Either you don't know that, you are half a retard and really think that two things must be exactly alike i.e. nothing on earth or you are pretending.

Oh bright one

You were defeated on page one, you simply lack the wits to grasp it.

You forgot to add the most important part of your argument. Its "because I said so".

You say theres no comparison because you say so.

Its comparing an apple to a monkey turd because you say so.

Its not valid because you say so.

The world don't work like that bud

If you read my post no two things are exactly the same. So that is a weak ass dodge.

No two apples are exactly the same, but comparing an apple and a monkey turd is still a fallacy.

The concept that association with Glenn Beck is the same as association with a known and admitted terrorist is comparing apples and monkey turds.

There is no validity - it is a logical fallacy.

Either you don't know that, you are half a retard and really think that two things must be exactly alike i.e. nothing on earth or you are pretending.

Oh bright one

You were defeated on page one, you simply lack the wits to grasp it.

You forgot to add the most important part of your argument. Its "because I said so".

You say theres no comparison because you say so.

Its comparing an apple to a monkey turd because you say so.

Its not valid because you say so.

The world don't work like that bud

According to you and your relativist buddies, it certainly does.
Not that in this case it matters...just because you failed to see your failure doesn't mean it didn't take place.

But then, you're dishonest. So meh.

I know you're a leftist kook, who equates a philanthropist who uses the Beck show to advertise SCHOLARSHIPS for high school kids with a president who gets his ideas and support from terrorists.

That tells me more than enough about you, and I'm perfectly confident that every single word I wrote is the truth. As you know as well, hence your sulk.

I don't remember disparaging Mike Rowe in any way (maybe you can point to the post where I did). I like the guy and I think his defense of associating with Glenn Beck was admirable.

On another site, I spent a long time trying to logically convince right wingers that some of the values they hold and some of the tactics they use to try to foist them on to the public were counterproductive to an advanced society. Alas, after three years, they became even more hard headed than they were originally. The inevitable outcome for me was to mock them. Sorry you didn't know me when I was more laid back.

I know you're a leftist kook, who equates a philanthropist who uses the Beck show to advertise SCHOLARSHIPS for high school kids with a president who gets his ideas and support from terrorists.

That tells me more than enough about you, and I'm perfectly confident that every single word I wrote is the truth. As you know as well, hence your sulk.

I don't remember disparaging Mike Rowe in any way (maybe you can point to the post where I did). I like the guy and I think his defense of associating with Glenn Beck was admirable.

On another site, I spent a long time trying to logically convince right wingers that some of the values they hold and some of the tactics they use to try to foist them on to the public were counterproductive to an advanced society. Alas, after three years, they became even more hard headed than they were originally. The inevitable outcome for me was to mock them. Sorry you didn't know me when I was more laid back.
So that worked out so well for you that you're here now? Why is that?

Engineers like you, lol.....funneh. When I'm right (and I'm always right) I'm SOOOOO right:

"Many engineering students lack the necessary skills required to enter the corporate world. Societal pressure, inadequate infrastructure, poor quality of teachers and outdated syllabus are the major reasons for this.
Are our engineering students unemployable? Unable to get a job, textile engineering graduate Lakshmi Priya decided to do her own research on opportunities.

"The finding was devastating: her engineering degree was a mere rubber stamp. She lacked the skills required for a job in a relevant field. “One company asked me whether I knew how to mix dyes and had designer and garment manufacturer contacts. Since I had never worked in a garment firm before and did not have internship experience, I was at a loss,” she says. She is now preparing for her MBA entrance exam.

"Two MBA candidates of Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) secured -40 marks out of a maximum score of 400. The questions related to problem-solving, logical reasoning, language comprehension, general knowledge and data interpretation — life skills needed to enter the corporate world. If it is any consolation, 311 students scored zero. "

In fact, this article says the same thing I just said about you, but in different words:

" They cannot concentrate, do deep study and think well and constructively,” he adds.
Mr. Visveswaran, academic-turned-software-industry veteran, makes a list: lack of fundamentals, absence of strict evaluation, no proper mentoring, students opting for engineering because of societal pressure and finding no role models in colleges which are run by managements and not by principals/academics. “The whole eco system from teaching standards, exams and student mindset to parents contributes,” he says. "

A question of employability - The Hindu

"On the technical side, today’s engineering education seems stuck in the past. "

The Engineer Of The Future - Forbes

Hate to burst your bubble but I am a member of the corporate world. Not all corporations are created equal and the one I work for is ok. It's not the same as it was when the founder was running things. When he left the scene, the stereotypical corporate types started creeping in and it probably won't be more than a decade before it's just another monolith but for now, it's a good place to be.

As for your MBA case study, there was a truism when I was in college that was expressed as a calculus equation (you probably have no idea what that looks like). In words it said: The limit of engineering as GPA approaches 0 equals business.

I dunno. Sometimes it relieves frustration although it's less satisfying than it used to be. Other times, I need some sort of a diversion from deep thought. It's like a smoke break.

Honestly, I don't care. You're a relativist and an idiot, who thinks he's a lot more intelligent, relevant and inspired than he actually is.

Last edited:

I dunno. Sometimes it relieves frustration although it's less satisfying than it used to be. Other times, I need some sort of a diversion from deep thought. It's like a smoke break.

I'm fairly certain we have widely divergent ideas of what constitutes "deep thought". Your posts on here are certainly not indicative of any deep thought on your part. In fact, they rather highlight your inability to form coherent, concrete ideas.

I'm fairly certain we have widely divergent ideas of what constitutes "deep thought". Your posts on here are certainly not indicative of any deep thought on your part. In fact, they rather highlight your inability to form coherent, concrete ideas.

Right back at cha. The difference between you and me is that this is the best you can do and this is me on my break.

Engineers like you, lol.....funneh. When I'm right (and I'm always right) I'm SOOOOO right:

"Many engineering students lack the necessary skills required to enter the corporate world. Societal pressure, inadequate infrastructure, poor quality of teachers and outdated syllabus are the major reasons for this.
Are our engineering students unemployable? Unable to get a job, textile engineering graduate Lakshmi Priya decided to do her own research on opportunities.

"The finding was devastating: her engineering degree was a mere rubber stamp. She lacked the skills required for a job in a relevant field. “One company asked me whether I knew how to mix dyes and had designer and garment manufacturer contacts. Since I had never worked in a garment firm before and did not have internship experience, I was at a loss,” she says. She is now preparing for her MBA entrance exam.

"Two MBA candidates of Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) secured -40 marks out of a maximum score of 400. The questions related to problem-solving, logical reasoning, language comprehension, general knowledge and data interpretation — life skills needed to enter the corporate world. If it is any consolation, 311 students scored zero. "

In fact, this article says the same thing I just said about you, but in different words:

" They cannot concentrate, do deep study and think well and constructively,” he adds.
Mr. Visveswaran, academic-turned-software-industry veteran, makes a list: lack of fundamentals, absence of strict evaluation, no proper mentoring, students opting for engineering because of societal pressure and finding no role models in colleges which are run by managements and not by principals/academics. “The whole eco system from teaching standards, exams and student mindset to parents contributes,” he says. "

"On the technical side, today’s engineering education seems stuck in the past. "

Hate to burst your bubble but I am a member of the corporate world. Not all corporations are created equal and the one I work for is ok. It's not the same as it was when the founder was running things. When he left the scene, the stereotypical corporate types started creeping in and it probably won't be more than a decade before it's just another monolith but for now, it's a good place to be.

As for your MBA case study, there was a truism when I was in college that was expressed as a calculus equation (you probably have no idea what that looks like). In words it said: The limit of engineering as GPA approaches 0 equals business.

As I said, it warms the cockles (you probably have no idea what those look like) of my heart that you limp wristed dweebs will be the first to realize how woefully inadequate your skills, intellect, and ability are in the real world.

Right back at cha. The difference between you and me is that this is the best you can do and this is me on my break.

What on earth makes you think I'm putting any effort into this...and what makes you think this isn't me on my break as well?

As I said, it warms the cockles (you probably have no idea what those look like) of my heart that you limp wristed dweebs will be the first to realize how woefully inadequate your skills, intellect, and ability are in the real world.

See, this is what I love so much about talking to ultra right wingers. Information contained in the post never manages to penetrate what must be about a 2 inch thick skull.

What on earth makes you think I'm putting any effort into this...and what makes you think this isn't me on my break as well?

30,000 posts in just over 2 years and some of them are tomes.

BTW, where was that post in which I bashed Mike Rowe? Didn't exist did it. So much for the 'always correct' moniker. I'd feel horrible though if I were the one to ruin your perfect record so why don't you keep up the facade and it'll be our little secret.

Did I say you bashed Mike Rowe?

And are you tracking me? I'd be honored if I wasn't creeped out.

Tracking you? No, see there's information to be had where you'd least expect it. Over on the right side of your post it shows your stats. It's valuable insights like this that allow people who are open to information to see what's going on.

I'm on break, Joe, all the time. Being unemployed has its perks, and as such I can do as much research as I please. Meaning I can inflict knowledge on those who revile it, namely people such as you. Care to reintroduce your argument to me?

Last edited:

I'm on break, Joe, all the time. I manage to whip people like you rather easily. Care to reintroduce your argument to me?

Why don't you go back through this thread and pick up wherever you'd like.

Forum List

Back