A way to repair tooth enamel

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
A team of researchers from Zhejiang University and Xiamen University has found a way to repair human tooth enamel. In their paper published in the journal Science Advances, the group describes their process and how well it worked when tested.

Humans have battled tooth decay for thousands of years—the longer we live, the more challenging the problem becomes. Many consumables lead to loss of the hard enamel that protects teeth from decay—and once lost, it never grows back. The current standard treatment involves removal of rotted tooth material and filling the cavity with a hard replacement material. For many years, scientists have sought a way to replace tooth enamel once it is lost—but until now, such efforts have not led to a suitable replacement. In this new effort, the researchers in China report that they have at long last found a solution.
A way to repair tooth enamel

This is an interesting development.

Ok. I'm horrible. My first thought when I read that an acid was used to remove the enamel on human teeth and then later having to wait to see if there were any side effects was.............we know what's going to happen to the protesters.

I know. Horrible. I tried hard to contain myself but I escaped.

So. Like, I was like, that girl in your gif looks like the one in your avatar...:twirl:

Forum List

Back