A Twisted Mind

Shaarona

Dec 23, 2013
A twisted mind | Arab News ? Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Author: Uri Avnery

Sat, 2014-01-18 03:00

In the middle of the 1970s, Ariel Sharon asked me to arrange something for him — a meeting with Yasser Arafat. A few days before, the Israeli media had discovered that I was in regular contact with the leadership of the PLO, which was listed at the time as a terrorist organization.

I told Sharon that my PLO contacts would probably ask what he intended to propose to the Palestinians. He told me that his plan was to help the Palestinians to overthrow the Jordanian monarchy, and turn Jordan into a Palestinian state, with Arafat as its president.
“What about the West Bank?” I asked. “Once Jordan becomes Palestine, there will no longer be a conflict between two peoples, but between two states. That will be much easier to resolve. We shall find some form of partition, territorial or functional, or we shall rule the territory together.” My friends submitted the request to Arafat, who laughed it off. But he did not miss the opportunity to tell King Hussein about it. Hussein disclosed the story to a Kuwaiti newspaper, Alrai, and that’s how it came back to me.

Sharon’s plan was revolutionary at the time. Almost the entire Israeli establishment — including Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and Defense Minister Shimon Peres — believed in the so-called “Jordanian option”: The idea that we must make peace with King Hussein. The Palestinians were either ignored or considered archenemies, or both.
Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.

Last edited by a moderator:
A twisted mind | Arab News ? Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

In the middle of the 1970s, Ariel Sharon asked me to arrange something for him — a meeting with Yasser Arafat. A few days before, the Israeli media had discovered that I was in regular contact with the leadership of the PLO, which was listed at the time as a terrorist organization.

I told Sharon that my PLO contacts would probably ask what he intended to propose to the Palestinians. He told me that his plan was to help the Palestinians to overthrow the Jordanian monarchy, and turn Jordan into a Palestinian state, with Arafat as its president.
“What about the West Bank?” I asked. “Once Jordan becomes Palestine, there will no longer be a conflict between two peoples, but between two states. That will be much easier to resolve. We shall find some form of partition, territorial or functional, or we shall rule the territory together.” My friends submitted the request to Arafat, who laughed it off. But he did not miss the opportunity to tell King Hussein about it. Hussein disclosed the story to a Kuwaiti newspaper, Alrai, and that’s how it came back to me.

Sharon’s plan was revolutionary at the time. Almost the entire Israeli establishment — including Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and Defense Minister Shimon Peres — believed in the so-called “Jordanian option”: The idea that we must make peace with King Hussein. The Palestinians were either ignored or considered archenemies, or both.

And yet another pallywood production hits the media, how about some corroborative evidence to support your claims ?

And yet another pallywood production hits the media, how about some corroborative evidence to support your claims ?

Are you unaware of Sharon's career?

"Sharon’s
 first documented sortie as a terrorist was in August of 1953 on the refugee
 camp of El-Bureig, south of Gaza. An Israeli history of the unit records 50 
refugees as having been killed; other sources allege 15 or 20.

"Major-General
 Vagn Bennike, the UN commander, reported that 'bombs were thrown'
 by Sharon’s men 'through the windows of huts in which the refugees 
were sleeping and, as they fled, they were attacked by small arms and automatic 
weapons.'”

CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Yeah yeah, Sherri Jr... the Jews have twisted minds. Not to worry. Sherri has condemned Sharon to burn in hell.
Sharon was a terrorist in the mold of Curtis LeMay, William Westmoreland, and Norman Schwarzkopf

"Sharon was 
born in 1928 and as a young man joined the Haganah, the underground military 
organization of Israel in its pre-state days. In 1953 he was given command of
 Unit 101, whose mission is often described as that of retaliation against Arab 
attacks on Jewish villages.

"In fact, as can be seen from two terrible onslaughts, 
one of them very well known, Unit 101’s purpose was that of instilling 
terror by the infliction of discriminate, murderous violence not only on able-bodied 
fighters but on the young, the old, the helpless."

I stopped reading at "Uri Avnery".
Are you aware Avnery and Sharon shared common solutions to some of Israel's biggest concerns, and , for many years, trusted one another sufficiently to sit down and talk about them?

"At the same time, nine months before the Lebanon War, he (Sharon) disclosed to me (Avnery) his Grand Plan for a new Middle East of his making.

"He allowed me to publish it, provided I did not mention him as the source.

"He trusted me.

"Basically it was the same as the one he wanted to propose to Arafat.

"The army would invade Lebanon and drive the Palestinians from there to Syria, from whence the Syrians would drive them into Jordan. There the Palestinians would overthrow the king and establish the State of Palestine. The army would also drive the Syrians out of Lebanon.

"In Lebanon Sharon would choose a Christian officer and install him as dictator.

"Lebanon would make official peace with Israel and in effect become a vassal state.

"I duly published all this, and nine months later Sharon invaded Lebanon, after lying to Begin and the Cabinet about his aims.

"But the war was a catastrophe, both militarily and politically."

Yeah yeah, Sherri Jr... the Jews have twisted minds. Not to worry. Sherri has condemned Sharon to burn in hell.
Sharon was a terrorist in the mold of Curtis LeMay, William Westmoreland, and Norman Schwarzkopf

"Sharon was 
born in 1928 and as a young man joined the Haganah, the underground military 
organization of Israel in its pre-state days. In 1953 he was given command of
 Unit 101, whose mission is often described as that of retaliation against Arab 
attacks on Jewish villages.

"In fact, as can be seen from two terrible onslaughts, 
one of them very well known, Unit 101’s purpose was that of instilling 
terror by the infliction of discriminate, murderous violence not only on able-bodied 
fighters but on the young, the old, the helpless."

Georg Pootin, you should notify the Defense Department post haste. They can try these Generals before they have a stroke and die of old age. If they're already dead, well, tough titty.

I stopped reading at "Uri Avnery".
Are you aware Avnery and Sharon shared common solutions to some of Israel's biggest concerns, and , for many years, trusted one another sufficiently to sit down and talk about them?

"At the same time, nine months before the Lebanon War, he (Sharon) disclosed to me (Avnery) his Grand Plan for a new Middle East of his making.

"He trusted me.

"The army would invade Lebanon and drive the Palestinians from there to Syria, from whence the Syrians would drive them into Jordan. There the Palestinians would overthrow the king and establish the State of Palestine. The army would also drive the Syrians out of Lebanon.

"In Lebanon Sharon would choose a Christian officer and install him as dictator.

"Lebanon would make official peace with Israel and in effect become a vassal state.

"I duly published all this, and nine months later Sharon invaded Lebanon, after lying to Begin and the Cabinet about his aims.

"But the war was a catastrophe, both militarily and politically."

The problem with the Palestinans in Lebanon is that they were a refugee population driven out of Palestine in 1948.. It changed the demographics of Lebanon almost overnight. I remember the refugee camps outside of Beirut in 1950... and as a girl in Scouting we collected coats and clothing for the refugee children.

Moshe Dayan wrote about installing a mid-level Christian Army office to govern Lebanon... he also wrote about stealing Lebanese topsoil and trying to divert the rivers.

This was written in 1920.

Zionist Aspirations in Palestine - 20.07

from shaarona "At the same time, nine months before the Lebanon War, he (Sharon) disclosed to me (Avnery) his Grand Plan for a new Middle East of his making.

********"He trusted me.*********

"Basically it was the same as the one he wanted to propose to Arafat".

irosie>>>
THANKS SHAARONA-------for my first LAUGH OF THE DAY

Last edited:

********"He trusted me.*********

THANKS SHAARONA-------for my first LAUGH OF THE DAY

Don't take Uri Avery's word for it.. Read the memoirs of Sharrett and Moshe Dayan.

Beside the point you have made a serious allegation so YOU need to substantiate it

Beside the point you have made a serious allegation so YOU need to substantiate it

Its common knowledge.... Read Moshe Dayan and Sharrett. They speak to their ambitions with regard to Lebanon.. Unless you were born yesterday you should have been following these developments since 1950.

Forum List

Back