A Trio Of M1 Garand Bayonets

lol yes. You could also buy jeeps really cheap , but they were also in crates and you had to assemble them yourself. Not really that cheap if you didn't already own the right tools and a garage. lol and they were packed in cosmoline as well.
Back in the 80s there was a guy that had a shop just outside of the Chancellorsville Battlefield here in Virginia....He bought and sold all manner of militaria but his main business was providing period uniforms and vehicles for the movies and such.

I stopped in one day and he had ten US Army Indian motorcycles, all but one still in crates. One of his overseas buyers found them in a warehouse in England.

I can't say which model as I have little interest in motorcycles but the one I saw looked like this....He said two had side-cars. He said the tires were bad (dry-rotted) but the leather was still in nice shape.

R.3fe16f22f95b09109ccde255db750af3

Back in the 80s there was a guy that had a shop just outside of the Chancellorsville Battlefield here in Virginia....He bought and sold all manner of militaria but his main business was providing period uniforms and vehicles for the movies and such.

I stopped in one day and he had ten US Army Indian motorcycles, all but one still in crates. One of his overseas buyers found them in a warehouse in England.

I can't say which model as I have little interest in motorcycles but the one I saw looked like this....He said two had side-cars. He said the tires were bad (dry-rotted) but the leather was still in nice shape.

R.3fe16f22f95b09109ccde255db750af3

Wow what a find. I never saw any ads for those here, so it sounds right they left a lot of those overseas.

Wow what a find. I never saw any ads for those here, so it sounds right they left a lot of those overseas.
He had all manner of armored vehicles out back, most did not run and were used for static shots in movies.

I remember he had a MK IV Panzer with the shields and a Sd.Kfz. 251 half-track, they were only there every so often as they would be sent on a low-boy to movie sets.

Like these:

R.334f9f3c71cfa0ca3d42e9b83bb651f4

R.62bf9cbe7b89fc8bcc6ee0316120b8e7

He had all manner of armored vehicles out back, most did not run and were used for static shots in movies.

I remember he had a MK IV Panzer with the shields and a Sd.Kfz. 251 half-track, they were only there every so often as they would be sent on a low-boy to movie sets.

Like these:

He had some bucks tied up in all that. I got to go inside a garage in Sparks a decade or so ago, where some guy stored his antique car collection, hundreds of them. I asked how he paid for all that, including the maintenance and the four floor garage and they said he rented them out to movies. He didn't just have the cool stuff, he had plain old Falcons and Novas and Plymouths and the like, all sorted by year. My hat's off to people who preserve that kind of collection, same with Leno's; he also hands out scholarships and makes donations to the college program in the US for a BS in auto restorations. Wish I had known about that program when I got out of high school.

He had some bucks tied up in all that. I got to go inside a garage in Sparks a decade or so ago, where some guy stored his antique car collection, hundreds of them. I asked how he paid for all that, including the maintenance and the four floor garage and they said he rented them out to movies. He didn't just have the cool stuff, he had plain old Falcons and Novas and Plymouths and the like, all sorted by year. My hat's off to people who preserve that kind of collection, same with Leno's; he also hands out scholarships and makes donations to the college program in the US for a BS in auto restorations. Wish I had known about that program when I got out of high school.
There a restoration shop in my AO.....The rule of thumb there is if you have to ask how much then you can't afford it. ;)

White Post Restorations – Fine Automobile Restorations & Brake Cylinder Solutions

Like these:

I went to Aberdeen Proving Ground around 20 years ago and loved their armor museum, which has since been relocated to Ft. Lee, VA., wondering when the last time you visited it.

I went to Aberdeen Proving Ground around 20 years ago and loved their armor museum, which has since been relocated to Ft. Lee, VA., wondering when the last time you visited it.
I visited Aberdeen as a teen.

In fact the guy said wrangled some of his stock from there.....I guess they had some extras or something they surplused off.

The Mariner's Museum around Norfolk, Virginia had (for some reason) one of these WW-1 tanks out front..... No Patton of course. ;)

R.57b00ed65a92ccbff587f9ee46489076

It's known for housing the USS Monitor now.....Back then they only had the turret and guns.

USS Monitor Center

They also had one of the Japanese Mini-Subs used at Pearl Harbor but I think it's been moved since.

R.9d5572555bcfd5ab02a19a9626c87f4e

I think you should get to Ft. Lee (if it is still named that next year) and visit their armor museum, they also had an extensive collection of firearms when I visited in Aberdeen. Spent a whole day, and could have spent a whole week, it was great. Also have "Anzio Annie" there.

New Topics

Forum List

Back