..A story within a story --Indiscretion -Trump - Israel - Jack Smith

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
This morning's Washington Post offers a perspective on Trump's mouth.
Or rather, his indiscrete statements and admissions with that mouth.

The story is about that and the increased legal peril that mouth keeps fostering for him.....but under the surface there is also the story of Trump compromising Israel's secrets and their confidence in America, or at least in Trump.

I have posted in another recent thread about I am of mixed feelings about the jackassery that Don Trump espouses either on his social media account or on the campaign trail. On the one hand, I find that it is a negative that puts America in a bad light, or at least our cultural acceptance of his bad behavior. But, on the other hand, I view his pronouncements as a "Here's More Rope" opportunity. Let him hang himself.

Anyway, the WaPo piece highlights his legal peril, but it mentions his indiscretion in talking about Israel.

To wit:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But the bombastic diatribes are also giving prosecutors new material that could be used at trial to prove elements of the criminal charges against the former president. If special counsel Jack Smith succeeds in his quest for a gag order on Trump, prosecutors could lose one of their best sources of incriminating information — Trump’s mouth.

Smith has charged Trump with dozens of felonies for allegedly hoarding national security secrets after his presidency, and trying to obstruct government efforts to recover those documents. Trump has pleaded not guilty. Yet at a Wednesday night rally in Florida, Trump boasted anew about information that he suggested might be classified, and he repeated past claims that he was justified in keeping sensitive documents at his Mar-a-Lago home and private club.
“I don’t think this has ever been told,” he said to the rally hosted by Club 47, a group trying to get him reelected. “They’ll say, ‘Oh, it’s classified information.’ Maybe it is, but I don’t think so.”

The former president then proceeded to tell a story about a U.S. operation in 2020 that killed Gen. Qasem Soleimani, the head of Iran’s Quds Force. Trump claimed that Israel was an important partner in the effort but backed out at the last minute. “
We had everything all set to go, and the night before it happened, I got a call that Israel would not be participating in this attack,” Trump said. “Nobody’s heard this story before, but I’d like to tell it to Club 47 because you’ve been so loyal and so beautiful.”

One former intelligence official who served during the Trump administration reacted with dismay when told of Trump’s remarks. The official....... said that what the former president discussed was classified information when the former official was in government.
In his speech, Trump went on to defend himself against the charges in the classified documents case, declaring: “I can do whatever I want, but I did nothing wrong.”

The story is about that and the increased legal peril that mouth keeps fostering for him.....but under the surface there is also the story of Trump compromising Israel's secrets and their confidence in America, or at least in Trump.

I have posted in another recent thread about I am of mixed feelings about the jackassery that Don Trump espouses either on his social media account or on the campaign trail. On the one hand, I find that it is a negative that puts America in a bad light, or at least our cultural acceptance of his bad behavior. But, on the other hand, I view his pronouncements as a "Here's More Rope" opportunity. Let him hang himself.

Anyway, the WaPo piece highlights his legal peril, but it mentions his indiscretion in talking about Israel.

To wit:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But the bombastic diatribes are also giving prosecutors new material that could be used at trial to prove elements of the criminal charges against the former president. If special counsel Jack Smith succeeds in his quest for a gag order on Trump, prosecutors could lose one of their best sources of incriminating information — Trump’s mouth.

Smith has charged Trump with dozens of felonies for allegedly hoarding national security secrets after his presidency, and trying to obstruct government efforts to recover those documents. Trump has pleaded not guilty. Yet at a Wednesday night rally in Florida, Trump boasted anew about information that he suggested might be classified, and he repeated past claims that he was justified in keeping sensitive documents at his Mar-a-Lago home and private club.
“I don’t think this has ever been told,” he said to the rally hosted by Club 47, a group trying to get him reelected. “They’ll say, ‘Oh, it’s classified information.’ Maybe it is, but I don’t think so.”

The former president then proceeded to tell a story about a U.S. operation in 2020 that killed Gen. Qasem Soleimani, the head of Iran’s Quds Force. Trump claimed that Israel was an important partner in the effort but backed out at the last minute. “
We had everything all set to go, and the night before it happened, I got a call that Israel would not be participating in this attack,” Trump said. “Nobody’s heard this story before, but I’d like to tell it to Club 47 because you’ve been so loyal and so beautiful.”

One former intelligence official who served during the Trump administration reacted with dismay when told of Trump’s remarks. The official....... said that what the former president discussed was classified information when the former official was in government.
In his speech, Trump went on to defend himself against the charges in the classified documents case, declaring: “I can do whatever I want, but I did nothing wrong.”
IMO, he’s really losing it. His speeches don’t have the fire of ‘16 & ‘20. I believe his cognitive abilities have really taken a toll. He seems to be below Biden in that regard. Joe is forgetful, but not impaired cognitively. Trump, on the other hand, seems to be in steady decline. He may be able to plead diminished capacity at his trials.

This is where his childlike temperament matters in a concrete way. This is where the rubber meets the road.

In his ongoing, desperate search for acceptance, validation and adoration, he simply can't keep his fucking mouth shut. Just to impress. And who knows what ELSE he has said to people around the country and around the world who used that information.

I had this vague sense of dread when he won in 2016, but I never imagined there would be so much damage done, in so many ways.

45Years.jpg

"TDS is real, and should be classified as a mental disorder....."

Conversely, there is the prevailing line of thought that the bona fide TDS'rs of this world....Trump's Duped & Snookered, or Trump's Devoted Sycophants.....simply ain't gonna hear or comprehend any expressed skepticism of the goodness, fineness, and admirableness of the disgraced former president.
They have been duped.
Snookered.

In a way it is humorous, snark-worthy; but in another way, it is sad that America's education system and robust economic opportunity still allowed for such groupie fanboying over a game show host and adjudicated rapist.

Sad.

But more important than that.....his indiscretions with America' secrets and our allies secrets pose existential threats to America.

Conversely, there is the prevailing line of thought that the bona fide TDS'rs of this world....Trump's Duped & Snookered, or Trump's Devoted Sycophants.....simply ain't gonna hear or comprehend any expressed skepticism of the goodness, fineness, and admirableness of the disgraced former president.
They have been duped.
Snookered.

In a way it is humorous, snark-worthy; but in another way, it is sad that America's education system and robust economic opportunity still allowed for such groupie fanboying over a game show host and adjudicated rapist.

Sad.

But more important than that.....his indiscretions with America' secrets and our allies secrets pose existential threats to America.

You still haven't posted anything of substance. Give us something, chilliwhack.

They have been duped.
Snookered.

Sad.

I have always said that Trump was bombastic, and ego driven...Probably can't do that job unless you are....Biden is no stranger to egocentric behavior...

The problem, your problem is that you base your thinking on the threat you THINK he might pose instead of sticking to facts...And you do that because of your own irrational hate of the man rather than focusing on whether or not his job performance was better than what we are seeing today with China's puppet in charge....Your obsession with him are but mere deflections of that.

"Probably can't do that job unless you are...."
'Can't do that job' unless one is bombastic?
I demur.
That is nonsense. Leadership does not mandate that only bombastic personalities can lead. Far from it. Bombastic behavior is antithetical to effective quality leadership. IMHO. It signals phoniness, insincerity.
Also, IMHO.....followers who require bombast from an individual in order to admire and be led by that individual are likely insecure and ineffective in most aspects of their lives. They substitute bombast for firm, direct and informed communication.

-------------------------------------------------------
"Your obsession with him are but mere deflections of that."
Oh, that is a sad misread.
I find Don Trump often entertaining. In sort of a snark-worthy vein. A good example of a bad example.
I've stated on this venue in the past.....we are gonna miss this game-show host when those Big Mac finally catch up with him. Or Jack Smith. Or Fanni Willis.

To wit:

Translation: You are terrified Trump will win in 2024 so it's time to make yet another anti-Trump thread.

Forum List

Back