A storm to hit Israel, Syria and Lebanon

Off topic, has nothing to do with meteorology.

It's not off topic at all. You're the one whining about Israel "not doing enough".

Israel is "doing enough", in spite of the disasters created by islamists.

I have no doubt OZreal believes it is doing enough.

More than you're doing.

The Jihad can always use a few more knuckleheads. Sounds like you fit the profile.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/vie...1/24/Changing-the-face-of-Jihad-in-Syria.html

let us identify these new Jihadists. They are young men in their early twenties and sometimes even younger. They are still going to school and living with their parents and siblings. They come from different social classes. They are very normal and they are not necessarily very religious. Their behavior does not reflect their intentions and they, themselves, did not even expect to do one day what they have done.

Work opportunity.

Sunni, the Israelis do more than any arab nations do. I rarely see them sending monetary aid to their own much less those who give them assistance on a continual yearly basis such as the USA. Super Storm Sandy, only one to help? Israel. Philipines? Medical help, food, aid? Darfur, Sudan? Israel was there. Anytime there is a disaster? Israel is right there. Where are the Saudis? The Iranians? The Egyptians? The Turks? No where to be found. That's where. - Jeri
Many arab/muslim nations help with disaster relief but the jewish controlled American media rarely reports on it. ... :doubt:

I think the American media reports on what America is doing in time of catastrophes and doesn't follow what othr countries do. In fact, what the American media will report on is when people living here (or had roots) from the particular country which experienced the catastrope do something, like what the Filipinos recently in the U.S. did to help their fellow Filipinos who were in need. In fact, the American media will also list places where people can send money for relief. I remember sending in money for those unfortunate women of Darfur to some place my newspaper listed. It's not too late for Sunni to send some money in for Filipino relief.

It's not too late for Sunni to send some money in for Filipino relief.
Silly-Sally our mosque is a member of "Islamic Relief USA" which has been actively involved in the recent disaster in the Philippines and all of the money comes from donations by muslims at various American mosques.

EMERGENCY SHELTER PROVISIONS IN BOGO CITY AND LEYTE CITY

Some 15,000 individuals, who have been severely affected by Typhoon Haiyan, are receiving emergency shelter assistance. Families will receive tents and tarpaulins to help improve their current living conditions until they can return home.

EMERGENCY SHELTER KITS IN CEBU

More than 10,000 individuals in northern Cebu stand to benefit from temporary shelter kits that are being distributed. Each kit includes a a tarpaulin and rope, a ground sheet, a blanket, cooking utensils, tools (such as hammers, nails, saws), and a plastic toolbox. This will help provide shelter for at least two months while rebuilding takes place.

Philippines Humanitarian Aid ? Islamic Relief USA

Lebanon to close all schools in the country due to the snow-storm which started hours ago.
The Lebanese say this is the worst storm known in the last 100 years.

Another, tougher snow storn to start friday morning.

*- לבנון סוגרת את כל בתי הספר במדינה עקב סופת השלגים שהחל בשעות האחרונות.
לדברי הלבנונים מדובר בסופת השלגים הקשה ביותר ב-100 שנים האחרונות.
(מזכיר לכם משהו ? ? )
סופת שלגים נוספת וחזקה יותר תחל ביום שישי הקרוב בשעות הבוקר.
عــــــاجل:
====
بدء تساقط الثلوج على جميع المناطق اللبنانية و بعض المناطق السورية مع إشتداد العاصفة الثلجية القوية التي تضرب منطقة شرق المتوسط خصوصا سوريا و لبنان.و الآن تشهد منطقةعرسال اللبنانية التي تحوي عشرات الآلاف من اللاجئين السورين الذين يقيمون في العراء تشهد تساقطا كثيفا للثلوج
و قد أعلنت وزارة التربية اللبنانية إغلاق جميع المدارس الحكومية و الخاصة إعتبارا من صباح الغد .و تعتبر هذه العاصفة الأقوى منذ أكثر من مئة عام و ستتبعها عاصفة أخرى أشد و أقوى ستبدأ صباح الجمعة

Every year I hope for some snow in my hometown.

Alas, the chances of that happening, are slim to none. It happened only once when I was 11, and that's it.

Lipush, we've got about an inch I could send you right now : )) We're far enough inland that we've missed the bulk of the snow.

The real danger of snow in such areas unused to it, is that people do not realize that the cold can kill : (( Every time we have a snowstorm in the Deep South, a few poor souls get stuck on the road and decide to wait it out in their cars..... I've got a 'storm candle' in mine: it's in a metal tin and just enough heat to keep the car warm enough to survive for 24 hours. (and yes, there's a box of matches in there with it, lol!)

Here's hoping the various agencies can get the word out to people, and help them to stay safe. I fear for those in Syria, where life is far too difficult already!

Pictures from Syria and Lebanon taken this morning-

BbKCHYZCEAE6k2H.jpg

Homs:

BbL-vbyCEAAf93w.jpg

BbLsHmJIIAA76kQ.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back