A Sign That We Will Become a Moral Country Again

I see, how moral is chattel slavery?

I think I know what the term chattel means. If I’m right then chattel slavery is immoral but slavery itself was not. Slavery was actually both benevolent and moral in its purest form.

The morals of the day in combat was to kill the enemy or accept their surrender as submission to slavery. This was totally the way the world was at one time. The problem is that slavery often involved kidnapping or claiming the offspring of slaves as property.

Slavery itself was not considered morally wrong at that point in history but kidnapping was morally wrong at the time. Slavery is also not an inherited situation. Which I think that is what is meant as chattel slavery.

I think I know what the term chattel means. If I’m right then chattel slavery is immoral but slavery itself was not. Slavery was actually both benevolent and moral in its purest form.

The morals of the day in combat was to kill the enemy or accept their surrender as submission to slavery. This was totally the way the world was at one time. The problem is that slavery often involved kidnapping or claiming the offspring of slaves as property.

Slavery itself was not considered morally wrong at that point in history but kidnapping was morally wrong at the time. Slavery is also not an inherited situation. Which I think that is what is meant as chattel slavery.
In many ways it was more moral than our system, if practiced biblically

The Founders killed to make a nation and that was moral? The US has christians in it yet it is not a Christian nation.
Christianity is everywhere in America (you can't throw a stone without hitting a Christian). :omg:

Last edited:
Who's morals? Yours? Mine? Joe Shit the ragpicker down the street?

That's the problem with morals, because everyone has a slightly different view of what is and isn't "moral".

Some Christians believe that drinking is a sin, some think there is nothing wrong with it. Who's "moral" stance is right on that issue?
God, who says,

Wine cheers the heart,
but,
Don't drink too much.

The founders presented moral ideals; however people are generally unable to live up to them. Knowing what's right is a lot easier than doing what's right.

Yes, because the only sex there is is via intercourse, and nothing else.

Seeing these silly arguments and ignorance makes it easy to see why baby killing is the only thing sociopaths with no self-control can come up with along with the other strawman arguments.

"Yes, because the only sex there is is via intercourse, and nothing else."??

For you, perhaps there is nothing else. For many, if not most, people there are many other things.

"Yes, because the only sex there is is via intercourse, and nothing else."??

For you, perhaps there is nothing else. For many, if not most, people there are many other things.

Yes, we know you don't have anything. We got it all along.

Forum List

Back