A sane look at fighting Trumpism

Bush got Barack Obama 8 years as president.
No, the DNC controlled media did.

You honestly believe that the country wanted a continuation of the GOP policies in 2008, given the state of the country at that point,

and only got talked out of it by NBC Nightly News?

lol, you can't be serious.
It wasn't the GOP policies that crashed the housing market and banks. That's the media lies I was referring to.

What's the source for your "facts" or that Hillary had two million more votes?

NYTimes reports By the time all the ballots are counted, Clinton seems likely to be ahead by more than 2 million. And there are Still 4 million votes being counted in California. She will win those 2 to 1.

Hillary Clinton didn’t just win the popular vote. She won it by a substantial margin.

By the time all the ballots are counted, she seems likely to be ahead by more than 2 million votes and more than 1.5 percentage points, according to my Times colleague Nate Cohn. She will have won by a wider percentage margin than not only Al Gore in 2000 but also Richard Nixon in 1968 and John F. Kennedy in 1960.

Quote: She will have won by a wider percentage margin than not only Al Gore in 2000 but also Richard Nixon in 1968 and John F. Kennedy in 1960.

Clinton’s Substantial Popular-Vote Win

Hillary was never behind Trump on the popular vote. You've been duped by somebody.

What's the source for your "facts" or that Hillary had two million more votes?

NYTimes reports By the time all the ballots are counted, Clinton seems likely to be ahead by more than 2 million. And there are Still 4 million votes being counted in California. She will win those 2 to 1.
And we all know how honest the NYT is. How many votes were illegal? Know one knows at this point and it doesn't even matter. If you don't like the EC system go change it.

What is "Trumpism"? Is that what you insane lefties have every time you hear his name? A Trumpism?

Kind a reverse orgasm or something?

It wasn't the GOP policies that crashed the housing market and banks. That's the media lies I was referring to.

Sure, Republican's are never responsible for deregulating the financial industry. That's why Republican's can't wait to deregulate Wall Street more and more.

What the hell. When banks are corrupt just blame black folks for buying houses the couldn't afford. Of lower income people were hit hardest by the Great Bush Recession so of minirities were the first to not be able to make mortgage payments that deregulated banks bundled and sold on the global financial market.

Blame the blacks and get away with it why not.

Sure, Republican's are never responsible for deregulating the financial industry. That's why Republican's can't wait to deregulate Wall Street more and more.

What the hell. When banks are corrupt just blame black folks for buying houses the couldn't afford. Of lower income people were hit hardest by the Great Bush Recession so of minirities were the first to not be able to make mortgage payments that deregulated banks bundled and sold on the global financial market.

Blame the blacks and get away with it why not.
No one was forced to buy a house they couldn't afford and Bush wasn't running Fanny and Freddie.

What is "Trumpism"? Is that what you insane lefties have every time you hear his name? A Trumpism?

It's the political and ideological movement that overwhelmed the Republican Party with heavier reliance on white nationalism (Steve Bannon) and isolationism and protectionism. It is an -ism such that it can be recognized and summed up in one label, the way that communists and communism are defined. Trumpism has ushered in a new era for the GOP that undercuts the long-standing GOP reputation as the party of family values and respect for the military. (John McCain is not a hero) + (Trump knows more about fighting ISIS than the generals) + (The military is a disaster).

So you see Trumpism is the label for all the sick demented hateful events that Trump spread across the country the past few months. It's a summary.

Iceweasel, post: 15822242
No one was forced to buy a house they couldn't afford and Bush wasn't running Fanny and Freddie.

I have not argued either of those points. You can't reply to the points that I have presented I see.

deltex1, post: 15821385
Different decade...foo is on autoblah..

Trump said McCain was no hero and Bush lied us into a war with Iraq which was a huge mistake. That happened this year not in a previous decade. So that excuse for running from those current facts do not apply.

You are ok with Trump saying Iraq was a Bush lie but not ok with me saying it. I would never think or say what Trump said about POW's. So you have no principles or character going back decades to the very present.

Keep running though. It's amusing. Sassy's friend got killed in Bush's lie. Now she adores a President that ran on Iraq being a lie and disaster that he told Stearn he guesses he supports before Bush started it.

Iceweasel, post: 15821418,
I don't know anything about Spencer but if you are unhappy about any of the above that's a positive sign.

Yeah like Trump claimed he didn't know anything about David Duke. Spencer is identified as a white nationalist, but you don't know anything about him. So you are happy with his endorsement of the Bannon selection. I am proud to be unhappy about Spencer having a voice so close to the new President's ear.

Iceweasel, post: 15821418,
I don't know anything about Spencer but if you are unhappy about any of the above that's a positive sign.

Yeah like Trump claimed he didn't know anything about David Duke. Spencer is identified as a white nationalist, but you don't know anything about him. So you are happy with his endorsement of the Bannon selection. I am proud to be unhappy about Spencer having a voice so close to the new President's ear.
When did I say I was happy? Or sad? I assume Trump knows him better than me and you don't know that he knew David Duke. I know little about him myself and all of that is through msm which I no longer even trust or watch.

No need to give up fighting for a decent strong successful America against the threat that occurred last night.

November 9, 2016 2:36 a.m.
Forget Canada. Stay and Fight for American Democracy.
By Jonathan ChaitShareTweetShareShareEmail
9-chait-election-night.w710.h473.jpg

Photo: The Washington Post/Washington Post/Getty Images
Before the election, like many liberals, I made a lot of jokes about moving to Canada. It was a way for people to deal with our anxiety. It’s not funny anymore, and people discussing it — reportedly, Canada’s immigration website has crashed due to excessive interest — are beginning to disgust me. I love this country. I believe in it. I’m not leaving. I’m sorry to sound hokey, but I’m going to stay and defend truth and democracy.

Never in my lifetime has the United States seen a period of darkness like the one that lies ahead of us. But we have seen periods of darkness before — segregation, McCarthyism, the internment of the Japanese, the Civil War, slavery. The American story is fitful progress punctuated by frequent reversals, some of which appeared at the time like they would last forever. None of them did.

The Trump years will be a horror. When I set out to write my long story in the magazineabout Trumpism and the future of the Republican Party, I originally intended to focus on the immediate possibilities that lay before the Republican Party if it could capture full control of Washington. As this scenario grew less likely, I gave it less emphasis, but it is there. The Republicans will pass massive regressive tax cuts; they will take access to medical care from the poor and sick; they will deregulate the financial industry and fossil-fuel emitters.

And that is just the beginning, the best-case scenario. Trump is an impulsive, egotistical bully, intolerant of criticism and dissent and drawn to the ruthless application of power. Many liberals have been warning that American democracy is far weaker than we believed, and this was before any of us imagined a monster like Trump commanding the Executive branch. Trump will shake the Republic to its foundations. And the Republicans will shake it with him. If there is a central point I tried to drive home, it is that Trumpism grows out of a decades-long trend toward authoritarianism as the dominant tendency of Republican politics. I don’t know what American government will look like after four years of Trump — or if it will only last four years, or even if it will only last eight.

But I do not believe that the people who elected Trump will be helped by his program in any way. Trump avoided policy specifics to a comical degree. His health-care plan is “something terrific” that will take care of everybody at no cost to anybody. His wall paid for by Mexico is not even a punch line — it is a symbol of his supporters’ fascistic willingness to subordinate all critical faculties and endorse an obvious absurdity. What he will do is sign a quick succession of donor-driven laws written by Paul Ryan whose authentic support is confined to a trivial proportion of the party outside its big-money wing. To whatever extent people voted for Trump for reasons other than racial and cultural resentment, Trump will do nothing for them. He is a buffoon surrounded by a party apparatus that is unable to govern, as the Republican elite demonstrated during the George W. Bush era, and that has grown worse.

At the end of this month, the president-elect of the United States will face trial for committing massive fraud through Trump University. He openly vows to have his children run his family business, which will enrich him through his office in the manner of a post-Soviet kleptocrat. The depths of a Trump presidency defy our imagination. It is safe to assume it will not be popular. Trump and his party will probably respond with vicious anti-democratic measures. But fighting for democracy is part of America’s heritage, from abolitionists to suffragettes to the progressive reformers. Maybe you thought that fight was confined to history. It will go on.

And Trump does not represent the future. He only barely represents its present. His party controls all three branches in large part because its voters are overrepresented in the House, the Senate, and the Electoral College. He represents a rage against the direction of America they have no way of stopping. Even a complete halt to all of illegal immigration and a total deportation of every undocumented immigrant will not prevent the growth of nonwhites into an eventual majority. Republicans are increasingly focused on voter suppression and other anti-democratic measures to allow their shrinking cohort to rule. Trump is the perfect champion of their project.

But I do not believe they will win, at least not over the long run. As the shock of a Trump presidency set in, I told my children Tuesday night that I did not want to hear anything about fleeing. We are not going anywhere. And the America I have raised them to believe in will one day prevail.

From the quote:

"But I do not believe that the people who elected Trump will be helped by his program in any way. Trump avoided policy specifics to a comical degree. His health-care plan is “something terrific” that will take care of everybody at no cost to anybody. His wall paid for by Mexico is not even a punch line — it is a symbol of his supporters’ fascistic willingness to subordinate all critical faculties and endorse an obvious absurdity. What he will do is sign a quick succession of donor-driven laws written by Paul Ryan whose authentic support is confined to a trivial proportion of the party outside its big-money wing. To whatever extent people voted for Trump for reasons other than racial and cultural resentment, Trump will do nothing for them. He is a buffoon surrounded by a party apparatus that is unable to govern, as the Republican elite demonstrated during the George W. Bush era, and that has grown worse."

This threat is new. That Piece Of Shit is an open fascist. If the Republicans who control both houses of Congress allow this thing any leeway he will move as rapidly as possible towards dictator. This is who this lowlife is, he is a mafia head. His first order of business will be to try to use governmental power to get even with all the people that have ever said a bad tweet about him.

If the Senate had gone Democrat the danger would be far dimished, but the Republicans really don't care about anything except power so they'll suck the POS's dick as long as he let's them do most of what he wants.

The working people that were fooled into voting for Piece Of Shit trump and his crime family are soon to find out just how bad the fucked up.

When none of that happens, will you apologize to all the people you are smearing?

No need to give up fighting for a decent strong successful America against the threat that occurred last night.

November 9, 2016 2:36 a.m.
Forget Canada. Stay and Fight for American Democracy.
By Jonathan ChaitShareTweetShareShareEmail
9-chait-election-night.w710.h473.jpg

Photo: The Washington Post/Washington Post/Getty Images
Before the election, like many liberals, I made a lot of jokes about moving to Canada. It was a way for people to deal with our anxiety. It’s not funny anymore, and people discussing it — reportedly, Canada’s immigration website has crashed due to excessive interest — are beginning to disgust me. I love this country. I believe in it. I’m not leaving. I’m sorry to sound hokey, but I’m going to stay and defend truth and democracy.

Never in my lifetime has the United States seen a period of darkness like the one that lies ahead of us. But we have seen periods of darkness before — segregation, McCarthyism, the internment of the Japanese, the Civil War, slavery. The American story is fitful progress punctuated by frequent reversals, some of which appeared at the time like they would last forever. None of them did.

The Trump years will be a horror. When I set out to write my long story in the magazineabout Trumpism and the future of the Republican Party, I originally intended to focus on the immediate possibilities that lay before the Republican Party if it could capture full control of Washington. As this scenario grew less likely, I gave it less emphasis, but it is there. The Republicans will pass massive regressive tax cuts; they will take access to medical care from the poor and sick; they will deregulate the financial industry and fossil-fuel emitters.

And that is just the beginning, the best-case scenario. Trump is an impulsive, egotistical bully, intolerant of criticism and dissent and drawn to the ruthless application of power. Many liberals have been warning that American democracy is far weaker than we believed, and this was before any of us imagined a monster like Trump commanding the Executive branch. Trump will shake the Republic to its foundations. And the Republicans will shake it with him. If there is a central point I tried to drive home, it is that Trumpism grows out of a decades-long trend toward authoritarianism as the dominant tendency of Republican politics. I don’t know what American government will look like after four years of Trump — or if it will only last four years, or even if it will only last eight.

But I do not believe that the people who elected Trump will be helped by his program in any way. Trump avoided policy specifics to a comical degree. His health-care plan is “something terrific” that will take care of everybody at no cost to anybody. His wall paid for by Mexico is not even a punch line — it is a symbol of his supporters’ fascistic willingness to subordinate all critical faculties and endorse an obvious absurdity. What he will do is sign a quick succession of donor-driven laws written by Paul Ryan whose authentic support is confined to a trivial proportion of the party outside its big-money wing. To whatever extent people voted for Trump for reasons other than racial and cultural resentment, Trump will do nothing for them. He is a buffoon surrounded by a party apparatus that is unable to govern, as the Republican elite demonstrated during the George W. Bush era, and that has grown worse.

At the end of this month, the president-elect of the United States will face trial for committing massive fraud through Trump University. He openly vows to have his children run his family business, which will enrich him through his office in the manner of a post-Soviet kleptocrat. The depths of a Trump presidency defy our imagination. It is safe to assume it will not be popular. Trump and his party will probably respond with vicious anti-democratic measures. But fighting for democracy is part of America’s heritage, from abolitionists to suffragettes to the progressive reformers. Maybe you thought that fight was confined to history. It will go on.

And Trump does not represent the future. He only barely represents its present. His party controls all three branches in large part because its voters are overrepresented in the House, the Senate, and the Electoral College. He represents a rage against the direction of America they have no way of stopping. Even a complete halt to all of illegal immigration and a total deportation of every undocumented immigrant will not prevent the growth of nonwhites into an eventual majority. Republicans are increasingly focused on voter suppression and other anti-democratic measures to allow their shrinking cohort to rule. Trump is the perfect champion of their project.

But I do not believe they will win, at least not over the long run. As the shock of a Trump presidency set in, I told my children Tuesday night that I did not want to hear anything about fleeing. We are not going anywhere. And the America I have raised them to believe in will one day prevail.

From the quote:

"But I do not believe that the people who elected Trump will be helped by his program in any way. Trump avoided policy specifics to a comical degree. His health-care plan is “something terrific” that will take care of everybody at no cost to anybody. His wall paid for by Mexico is not even a punch line — it is a symbol of his supporters’ fascistic willingness to subordinate all critical faculties and endorse an obvious absurdity. What he will do is sign a quick succession of donor-driven laws written by Paul Ryan whose authentic support is confined to a trivial proportion of the party outside its big-money wing. To whatever extent people voted for Trump for reasons other than racial and cultural resentment, Trump will do nothing for them. He is a buffoon surrounded by a party apparatus that is unable to govern, as the Republican elite demonstrated during the George W. Bush era, and that has grown worse."

They already fought against it. They didn't elect Hillary.

They already fought against it. They didn't elect Hillary.

Racism, bigotry and mysogeny should be fought always, but now more so after this election. Most Americans voted for no part of those ills of society. Too bad it doesn't bother you.

Iceweasel, post: 15823661
When did I say I was happy

You said it was a positive sign if I am unhappy that a white nationalist is pleased that a white nationalist is the top political man having Trump's ear.

I take it that you are positive about this situation which certainly leaves no doubt that you are happy have white nationalism so close to presidential power.

You must be ashamed of your happiness since you tried to couch it in such an imprecise way.

Have you come to terms with the fact Clinton will receive perhaps up to 3 million more votes than Trump when California and New York finis counting?

Your fantasies don't bother normal people. The hate is all on your side

So you think there is no racism or bigotry connected with the Trump campaign.

Paul Ryan said there was. Now he is good with it I guess.

Paul Ryan rips Donald Trump remarks as 'textbook definition of racist comment ...
CNN.com › 2016/06/07 › politics › paul-...
AMP - Jun 7, 2016 - (CNN) House Speaker Paul Ryan ripped Donald Trump's recent remarks saying a judge presiding over a lawsuit ...

ceweasel, post: 15824441
Your fantasies don't bother normal people. The hate is all on your side

So for you 'normal people' believe racism, bigotry and mysogeny are fantasies that don't exist? Or do they know they exist but just aren't bothered by them.

Who appointed you as spokesperson for normal people.

I can't consider a fringe white nationalist lunatic like Bannon to be a normal person. That is your world not mine. Is Breitbart your main source of news?

Forum List

Back