A saint- God's Outlaw: The Story Of William Tyndale

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
Well worth watching if one has a notion. William Tyndale truly a saint and a man of God in the early 1500's

My church has put together a short miniseries covering all the drama, conflict, and intrigue surrounding the efforts to put forth a Bible in English, culminating in the King James Bible. It begins and ends with the execution of William Tyndale. It truly is astounding, the sacrifices that many were willing to make to bring forth the Bible, and the terrible crimes that evil rulers were willing to commit to oppose it. There surely are relevant parallels today, to much of the censorship that we are seeing in our own contemporary media, by those who have terrible truths that they seek to hide from us.

It is very much worth watching.

I guess my wife and I will have to make time to watch the video that RodISHI has posted.

Well worth watching if one has a notion. William Tyndale truly a saint and a man of God in the early 1500's

My wife and I just finished watching this.

William Tyndale's story is indeed very compelling, but neither of us were terribly impressed by the quality of this telling of it.

We both thought the general quality of the acting was rather poor. I was particularly bothered, also, by bad management of the sound levels; at some points, the background sounds were allowed to become loud enough to drown out the dialog, making it impossible to understand what the actors were saying.

Probably the fault of Tubi, on which we watched it, rather than on the production itself, but the closed captions were badly out of sync with the sound track. Early on, the lagged the sound track by about fifteen seconds, and kept falling farther and farther behind. I think they were about a minute behind, when we finally turned off the captioning, as it was only proving more distracting and confusing than helpful. I would have been able to cope much better with the poor sound quality if the captioning was useful.

Now, let me once again voice my recommendation for Fires of Faith. It's about 2½ hours in total length, divided into three episodes. It tells a broader story about the efforts to create an English language Bible, and the efforts to suppress it, leading up to the creation of the King James Version. Pretty much all of the story that is told in God's Outlaw is also told as part of the larger story told in Fires of Faith, and Fires of Faith tells this story much, much better than God's Outlaw does, and puts it into the greater context. The opening scene of the first episode of Fires of Faith, and the closing scene of the last episode, both depict Tyndale's execution; and in between, the full context and significance of Tyndale's efforts and his sacrifice are made much more clear.

Bob Blaylock thank you for sharing. I will watch it asap and also share along to others.

The quality of the video wasn't my main objective for sharing but that the story be shared. People in general a lot of claiming what 'a man of God' or 'woman of God' is when talking describing certain people or calling one another saints without a clue of what the real deals are.

Bob Blaylock trying to watch your links I do not have enough bandwidth. That's an issue for a lot of people I'm certain. In as much as you do not like the quality with less pixels it allows more people to be able to view videos that they would otherwise not be able to watch on sites like Brighteon, Youtube, etc.

Bob Blaylock trying to watch your links I do not have enough bandwidth. That's an issue for a lot of people I'm certain. In as much as you do not like the quality with less pixels it allows more people to be able to view videos that they would otherwise not be able to watch on sites like Brighteon, Youtube, etc.

It's also possible to get Fires of Faith on DVD, but it's pretty pricy.

My wife and I thought it was worth buying, but it is kind of a hard sell to convince someone to spend forty dollars for it without having seen it first.

https://www.amazon.com/Fires-Faith-Coming-Forth-James/dp/1608619044&tag=ff0d01-20

It's also possible to get Fires of Faith on DVD, but it's pretty pricy.

My wife and I thought it was worth buying, but it is kind of a hard sell to convince someone to spend forty dollars for it without having seen it first.

Amazon product

I'll try again when the new month begins. Sometimes bandwidth will run better for about a week at the first of the month.

Forum List

Back