A revival of Frasier, starring Kelsey Grammer, is officially on the way

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Reaction score

from the press release:
Grammer has been pushing a revival since at least 2018. But the salad remained untossed and the eggs unscrambled until earlier this month, when reports surfaced that Grammer and CBS/VIacom had joined together at the negotiating table. On Wednesday, ViacomCBS finally announced the reboot as a go.⁠

Grammer sounds understandably excited about returning to the role he first originated on Cheers in 1984. "Having spent over 20 years of my creative life on the Paramount lot, both producing shows and performing in several, I'd like to congratulate Paramount+ on its entry into the streaming world," he said. "I gleefully anticipate sharing the next chapter in the continuing journey of Dr. Frasier Crane."⁠

WillHaftawaite

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't watch the first, no interest in the second

Tipsycatlover

Diamond Member
Reaction score
How did this happen? Last I heard the Frazier reboot was going to be all black.

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
He should have talked Matt Groening into making a spin-off of Side Show Bob...

evenflow1969

Gold Member
Reaction score

from the press release:
Grammer has been pushing a revival since at least 2018. But the salad remained untossed and the eggs unscrambled until earlier this month, when reports surfaced that Grammer and CBS/VIacom had joined together at the negotiating table. On Wednesday, ViacomCBS finally announced the reboot as a go.⁠

Grammer sounds understandably excited about returning to the role he first originated on Cheers in 1984. "Having spent over 20 years of my creative life on the Paramount lot, both producing shows and performing in several, I'd like to congratulate Paramount+ on its entry into the streaming world," he said. "I gleefully anticipate sharing the next chapter in the continuing journey of Dr. Frasier Crane."⁠
I am looking forward to it.

surada

Platinum Member
Reaction score

from the press release:

It was a great show... Great writing. Grammer doesn't need the money.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List