A restaurant is charging white customers more to highlight racial wealth inequality

A chef in New Orleans is conducting a social experiment at the Roux Carre market which encourages customers of different races to acknowledge the city's racial wealth disparity.

Diners hoping to grab a bite at Saartj, a lunch counter that sells authentic Nigerian food, first get a lesson from Chef Tunde Wey about race and money in New Orleans, The Independent reported.

Wey begins by sharing stats with his customers and gives them the price of their lunch. People of color are charged $12 for their meal, while white customers are given the choice to either pay $12 or $30, which reflects the wealth disparity.

Profits from the $30 meals will be redistributed to people of color who want it, regardless of their income.

New Orleans chef Tunde Wey charged white customers $30, minorities $12 in social experiment

You know what the most pathetic thing about this? Blacks won't be offended by this. They will actually see this as righteous, where NORMAL HUMANS would be greatly offended by such patronizing.

How many fucking WE HAVE ARRIVED moments has that fucking stink race had anyway? They sure as shit did not arrive when MLK marched on Washington, not when of those fucking people became president, not when they got their own colleges, NAACP, when a negro man was set free after killing a white woman and a white boy, not with Blackpeoplemeet.com, or when they finally have a super hero of their own.

Nope. Have not arrived yet. No way. They are still treated with disrespect from democrats or liberals and those things are so pathetic that they don't know being patronized is suppposed to be offensive.

What a fucking disaster of a race.
I'm sorry you can't afford anything beyond jack in the box.

I feel your pain
Most normal people have money because they don’t waste it on your stupid white guilt garbage.
did you ask one?

The baker denied service, dope.
Participation at the restaurant was voluntary.
Not the same by any standard.

The baker denied to participate in the customers social agenda that they managed to turn into a law.
At the same time, it is perfectly legal...and even praised...that another business could deny that very baker business because he was a white male and not a minority owned business.
Fair is fair, except it is rarely seen that way.

No one denied anyone of service for being white, dope.

No, but they deny the opportunity to provide service to. Just as bad.
Everyday all across America white-male business owners have other businesses that won't even consider using their products/service based solely on the fact that they are not a minority-owned or women owned business.
That is 100% as much a discrimination as a business refusing to serve a customer based on the same reasons.

People have the right to patronize whomever they wish.

Use your same standard to address those in this thread who have said they would not patronize the subject restaurant.

No surprise. Regressives use situational ethics all the time, it is who you are. So therefore you will see it that way.
Based on your response, if I was buying products from a company and a black salesperson walks in and I say "sorry I won't do business with black people"...I assume you would be fine with that?

No, I'm not fine with that at all. That has nothing at all to do with the subject of this thread. No one was discriminated against in any way.

People can patronize whomever they wish for whatever reason. I tend to support local businesses rather than big box stores. Black folks can choose to support black owned businesses if they wish . That in no way equates to discrimination against white owned businesses.

The baker denied to participate in the customers social agenda that they managed to turn into a law.
At the same time, it is perfectly legal...and even praised...that another business could deny that very baker business because he was a white male and not a minority owned business.

Everyday all across America white-male business owners have other businesses that won't even consider using their products/service based solely on the fact that they are not a minority-owned or women owned business.
That is 100% as much a discrimination as a business refusing to serve a customer based on the same reasons.

Use your same standard to address those in this thread who have said they would not patronize the subject restaurant.

No surprise. Regressives use situational ethics all the time, it is who you are. So therefore you will see it that way.
Based on your response, if I was buying products from a company and a black salesperson walks in and I say "sorry I won't do business with black people"...I assume you would be fine with that?

No, I'm not fine with that at all. That has nothing at all to do with the subject of this thread. No one was discriminated against in any way.

People can patronize whomever they wish for whatever reason. I tend to support local businesses rather than big box stores. Black folks can choose to support black owned businesses if they wish . That in no way equates to discrimination against white owned businesses.

Hilarious. I got you...Blacks can discriminate, whites can't.

Situation #1... White business owner refusing to buy from black salesperson = discrimination.
Situation #2...Black business owner refusing to buy from white salesperson = exercising his free right to patronize anyone he likes.

:113:

Last edited:

Situation #1... White business owner choosing to not buy from blacks salesperson = discrimination.
Situation #2...Black business owner choosing to not buy from white salesperson = exercising his free right to patronize anyone he likes.

I never said that at all, dope. That came from your damaged brain.

Do you discriminate against Ford because you bought a Chevy?

Situation #1... White business owner choosing to not buy from blacks salesperson = discrimination.
Situation #2...Black business owner choosing to not buy from white salesperson = exercising his free right to patronize anyone he likes.

Hilarious again....now you are backtracking.
I specifically said it is EQUALLY discriminatory when a business refuses to do business with another business based solely on the race of the other business owner.
Failed attempt at your little scarecrow argument.

Like a bakery that won't make a cake for a gay couple because they (the bakers) are pushing their political agenda? I agree, very wrong indeed. All customers should be treated equally.

It was voluntary, dope. So no. Not like a bakery pushing a political agenda.
yeah, go with that!

Explain why you believe it's the same?

No patron at the restaurant was forced to participate while the bakery outright refused service.
I have turned away customers before. It should be every businesses right.
According to the RW, everything they believe in is a religious/moral issue and everything the left believes in is a political issue.

That's BS. Total BS. The baker's issue was a political one.
wrong, the RW have religious beliefs that drive our morals and the left create a political issue out of all of those moral beliefs.

A chef in New Orleans is conducting a social experiment at the Roux Carre market which encourages customers of different races to acknowledge the city's racial wealth disparity.

Diners hoping to grab a bite at Saartj, a lunch counter that sells authentic Nigerian food, first get a lesson from Chef Tunde Wey about race and money in New Orleans, The Independent reported.

Wey begins by sharing stats with his customers and gives them the price of their lunch. People of color are charged $12 for their meal, while white customers are given the choice to either pay $12 or $30, which reflects the wealth disparity.

Profits from the $30 meals will be redistributed to people of color who want it, regardless of their income.

New Orleans chef Tunde Wey charged white customers $30, minorities $12 in social experiment

You know what the most pathetic thing about this? Blacks won't be offended by this. They will actually see this as righteous, where NORMAL HUMANS would be greatly offended by such patronizing.

How many fucking WE HAVE ARRIVED moments has that fucking stink race had anyway? They sure as shit did not arrive when MLK marched on Washington, not when of those fucking people became president, not when they got their own colleges, NAACP, when a negro man was set free after killing a white woman and a white boy, not with Blackpeoplemeet.com, or when they finally have a super hero of their own.

Nope. Have not arrived yet. No way. They are still treated with disrespect from democrats or liberals and those things are so pathetic that they don't know being patronized is suppposed to be offensive.

The only problem I see here is he should have asked all customers to pay either $12 or $30. There are well to do white people and black people. There are also people from other races who may visit the place.

The only problem I see here is he should have asked all customers to pay either $12 or $30. There are well to do white people and black people. There are also people from other races who may visit the place.
Bingo. Tell that to the unbelievably stupid morons on the left like that dipshit "old school."

Dang! Just when I was developing a real taste for Nigerian grub.

Oh, well. As soon as that nice Nigerian man gets back to me with bank transfer info I'm waiting for maybe I'll ask him to also send me some of his favorite eats too.

Dang! Just when I was developing a real taste for Nigerian grub.

Oh, well. As soon as that nice Nigerian man gets back to me with bank transfer info I'm waiting for maybe I'll ask him to also send me some of his favorite eats too.
THOSE PEOPLE sure are fucking stupid aren't they? No wonder they are always demanding a hand out.

You are ALL so fucking stupid.

that would have been fine as well.

I specifically said it is EQUALLY discriminatory when a business refuses to do business with another business based solely on the race of the other business owner.

My position has remained the same, dope.

White people should just not bother going there.

Where is this notion in any way part of the thread topic?

You are ALL so fucking stupid.

Brilliant!

Maybe you're right. Maybe it is racism

But there aren’t a bunch of white people fighting for the right to eat at that particular restaurant, its absence hardly indicates a general state of disadvantage suffered by u white folks.

That such an example of racism was the best u could come up with, if anything proves how black racism (as a system) does not exist

But there aren’t a bunch of white people fighting for the right to eat at that particular restaurant, its absence hardly indicates a general state of disadvantage suffered by u white folks.

That such an example of racism was the best u could come up with, if anything proves how black racism (as a system) does not exist
Are you fucking bringing up the fucking 50s you piece of shit? Where the fuck are you not allowed to eat? I guess YOU FUCKING PEOPLE have not arrived.

Go get patronized more moron. What a pathetic disaster. This motherfucker brings up the Jim Crow south.

FUUUUUCK!

Are you fucking bringing up the fucking 50s you piece of shit? Where the fuck are you not allowed to eat? I guess YOU FUCKING PEOPLE have not arrived.

Go get patronized more moron. What a pathetic disaster. This motherfucker brings up the Jim Crow south.

FUUUUUCK!

You don't read so good. :confused:

FUUUUUCK!

You don't read so good. :confused:

And you don't write so well.

My position has remained the same, dope.

White people should just not bother going there.

Where is this notion in any way part of the thread topic?

Got it....you won't address my point, you now just want to say it doesn't relate to thread topic.

Forum List

Back