A Question That Must Be Asked: Did Hermain Cain Ever Benefit From Affirmative Action?

Yea cause people are promoted to CEO all the time as a result of affirmative action

It shouldn't be that way.

Nobody is promoted to CEO because of Affirmative Action, that was my point. Do you understand how Affirmative Action works?

It actually can hold many minorities back in the upper levels because many companies don't want to have to find and train a new minority to replace the one that is leaving and moving up.

Herman Cain claims to have brought Godfather’s Pizza from the edge of bankruptcy to profitability during his time there. He has never released any annual profit and loss statements to back this up. The company reached all time high profits in 1983, was still profitable in 1984, and only apparently was not profitable in 1985 due to a lawsuit. That lawsuit was settled before Cain became manager in 1986. It is a false statement that the company was on the edge of bankruptcy when he took over.

The only real objective evidence that is publicly available for how well he did is annual sales. How much did sales increase or decrease during Cain’s time at Godfather’s Pizza? Competition wise, Godfather’s dropped from fifth largest sales among Pizza chains to 11th during the time he was associated with the company. Here is a year by year breakdown:

Complete Godfather’s Pizza Sales Figure from the Herman Cain Years « Notes to Aphrodite

Like Obama you have no business knowledge either I see.

Profit is measured in margins.

Look at the number of stores in each line with the profits

:eusa_shhh:

But Republicans who yell "Let him die" and applaud "executions", LOVE HIM!
Is he pro-death penalty?

He hasn't stated his view on the publicly that I know of.

Good Question!

The folks that track the issues for all the candidates state he hasn't made any policy statements re crime and punishment at all yet. I'm sure he has opinions on it, but just hasn't gotten around to an official position there yet. And so far it hasn't come up in any debate or interview that I've seen.

It was not using the race card to say the word ****** was "insensitive" ... in response to being asked about it during an interview?

How could he have responded to that question without you considering it having used the race card?

To me he was very mild in his response. Underplayed it significantly. The race card is when people go out of their way to declare racism at the slightest provocation.

The way the story was posed to him he had more than slight provocation and still did not call it racist.

He was very diplomatic.

Stark contrast to how Obama responded in the Cambridge cop / Henry Gates situation.

He used the race card AFTER he insulted African Americans. He used it when he question Obama's "blackness" because he has a white mother.

He uses it when he chooses and he criticises others who do the same. Disconnect.

I will have to look into those instances you describe. I totally don't see his response to the Niggerhead story as using the race card - the exact opposite. And I agree that the Democratic party has an unjustified loyalty from blacks - Democrats definitely tread in the territory of the soft racism of low expectations and use the solidity of the black voting bloc without actually delivering during non-campaign times.

So I wonder how I would feel about the other instances if I saw them in context.

(I have some memory of them but not enough to make a judgment.)

You like Cain as a candidate. I don't.

He used the race card AFTER he insulted African Americans. He used it when he question Obama's "blackness" because he has a white mother.

He uses it when he chooses and he criticises others who do the same. Disconnect.

I will have to look into those instances you describe. I totally don't see his response to the Niggerhead story as using the race card - the exact opposite. And I agree that the Democratic party has an unjustified loyalty from blacks - Democrats definitely tread in the territory of the soft racism of low expectations and use the solidity of the black voting bloc without actually delivering during non-campaign times.

So I wonder how I would feel about the other instances if I saw them in context.

No actually, I don't.

If he is the candidate I would vote for him over Barack Obama. However, my choice is Romney.

I don't have to like him as a candidate to defend him against accusations of hypocrisy. He probably agrees with you more than you think about AA ... if you would listen to what he says and try to understand what he means from a practical point of view and not what you read on some website dedicated to undermining him.

JMHO.

Last edited:

No actually, I don't.

If he is the candidate I would vote for him over Barack Obama. However, my choice is Romney.

I don't have to like him as a candidate to defend him against accusations of hypocrisy. He probably agrees with you more than you think about AA ... if you would listen to what he says and try to understand what he means from a practical point of view and not what you read on some website dedicated to undermining him.

JMHO.

I'm paying atttention to what African Americans think of him. I'm paying attention to his positions. I don't generally vote for Republicans. I vote according to conscience and interests. The GOP now stands for tax breaks for the rich, the elimination of healthcare, the cutting and elimination of social security, cuts in education, cuts in services for poor people, DADT, DOMA, teaching creationsim in science class in public schools, bringing back school prayer, etc etc etc.
I think Romney is the strongest candidate to run against the President.

Last edited:
Is he pro-death penalty?

Gee.

Good question.

Would it help you at all if I suggested it was no different than President Obama's position on the death penalty?

I asked what Cain's position is, because I don't know what it is. Sounds like he is pro-death penalty.

I am not.

What gives you that impression?

So far cain seems to fall almost completely in line with my opinions on most matters so my guess, and it is a guess, is that he is not pro-death penalty unless its a heinous crime and we have undeniable evidence that the person truly committed them. 100% certainty or no death penalty.

At least thats my stance, and even then I dont really like the death penalty but I understand its use.

Gee.

Good question.

Would it help you at all if I suggested it was no different than President Obama's position on the death penalty?

I asked what Cain's position is, because I don't know what it is. Sounds like he is pro-death penalty.

I am not.

So far cain seems to fall almost completely in line with my opinions on most matters so my guess, and it is a guess, is that he is not pro-death penalty unless its a heinous crime and we have undeniable evidence that the person truly committed them. 100% certainty or no death penalty.

At least thats my stance, and even then I dont really like the death penalty but I understand its use.

I can't find Cain's stance on the death penalty. Have you?

I am not.

No he hasn't made any public statements about it that show up on internet searches and he does not comment on it on his homepage.

Thats why I said I was guessing and then told you why I think his position will be similar to mine.

Why do you think he is pro-death penalty?

Now someone give Obama's stance on the death penalty.

Last I heard it includes execution for people who rape young girls.

No he hasn't made any public statements about it that show up on internet searches and he does not comment on it on his homepage.

Thats why I said I was guessing and then told you why I think his position will be similar to mine.

Why do you think he is pro-death penalty?

Not sure. A poster here made that inference but didn't provide a link.

Mr. Cain, like President Obama, has not stated a public position on the death penalty.

Where does Herman Cain stand on the death penalty?

I'm confused.. You mean Obama hasn't stated one recently? I think this is 2004. I ought to be able to find one from 2008 also. I think his position was about the same then.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcl-T0P7xYU]Barack Obama on the Death Penalty - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back