A Question That Must Be Asked: Did Hermain Cain Ever Benefit From Affirmative Action?

NOPE - He rose to the top on merit only! You don't become a ballistic analyst for the navy without merit. You don't become CEO with merit!

NOPE - He rose to the top on merit only! You don't become a ballistic analyst for the navy without merit. You don't become CEO with merit!

Agreed. All Cain needed was for prospective employers not to say 'no' because of race.

He didn't need any standards lowered for him to put him into the positions. He earned his positions.

Maybe you could share some of your fact checking sources, Foxfyre. I'll see if I can research my posts a bit better.

Most especially when I have actually been in the position of having to hire the unqualified specifically because of Affirmative Action. So we took a chance on two young things that promptly advised their supervisors that they would not be doing some of the assigned tasks that they didn't want to do. (One of those tasks was supervising the playground when the kids went out to play which ALL the pre-school staff was expected to do and the other was clean up after the crafts classes which the two were specifically hired to do.)

And when I suggested the young ladies might wish to find another line of work, I received a telephone call from their attorney. I knew we had an excellent case and I knew we didn't have the money to fight for it. We were between the rock and a hard place big time. So we put up with them until their contract ran out.

I have had other staffers, including senior staffers, who were black, competent, capable, and so very very good at their jobs. And I hired them because of their track record and credentials, not because of Affirmative Action.

Ugh. I'd would hate to have you as a boss.

?? Because you think the attitude of the women she describes is meritorious?

:cuckoo:

Maybe she's not the sort of person who wants a boss who expects her to work for her paycheck.

We already know she's not the sort of person who thinks BLACK PEOPLE should be able or expected to work for their paychecks.

Ugh. I'd would hate to have you as a boss.

?? Because you think the attitude of the women she describes is meritorious?

:cuckoo:

Maybe she's not the sort of person who wants a boss who expects her to work for her paycheck.

We already know she's not the sort of person who thinks BLACK PEOPLE should be able or expected to work for their paychecks.

You really don't know what sort of person I am or what kind of employee I am. You are making a lot of assumption based on your misunderstanding of my political views and your aversion to hearing them.

I'm sure your pals will come along now and high five you for personally attacking me.

I thought you had debate skills. What happened?

OK, we certainly know Rick Perry's stance on the DP. He's for it in spades.

And?
How many instances has the federal government had to execute someone?

It's a state-by-state issue, isn't it?

Federal law does include the death penalty for certain crimes such as treason, espionage, and federal murder.

Also, liberals LOVE to do end-runs around the power of the states by judicial fiat, the way they did with abortion and, in fact, once did with the death penalty. So it's conceivable that capital punishment at the state level might once again become a federal issue that way.

Affirmative action policies benefit women just as much as minorities, which begs the question, did Sarah Palin ever benefit from affirmative action? :eusa_think:

OK, we certainly know Rick Perry's stance on the DP. He's for it in spades.

And?
How many instances has the federal government had to execute someone?

It's a state-by-state issue, isn't it?

Texas leads the US in executions.

You missed the question, didn't you?
*bless your heart*

The federal government has the death penalty.
I merely asked how many times, especially in modern history, have they exercised it?

Texas' death penalty stance has nothing more to do with Perry's candidacy than Illionois' has to do with Barry's current Presidency.

And even less to do with Cain's ascension through the business world to become a viable candidate to replace our current Teleprompter-in-Chief
:eusa_whistle:

Well we have been discussing this for pages.

At this point in the conversation I think that there is no evidence that Herman Cain was moved up in his jobs due to affirmative action.

I can't find Cain's stance on the death penalty. Have you?

No he hasn't made any public statements about it that show up on internet searches and he does not comment on it on his homepage.

Thats why I said I was guessing and then told you why I think his position will be similar to mine.

Why do you think he is pro-death penalty?

Not sure. A poster here made that inference but didn't provide a link.

You made the inference and your posts have been incredibly ignorant in this thread to turn around and call somebody else that in one of your later posts.

Forum List

Back