A Question That Must Be Asked: Did Hermain Cain Ever Benefit From Affirmative Action?

Nope. I didn't say that. I wouldn't work for Foxfyre because she has such a low opinion of liberals.

People usually don't hire or fire people based on their political inclinations. I doubt Foxfyre would, either.

I have several very dear friends who happen to be Orthodox. Libs, that is.

They think my political views are wrong-headed. Likewise, I deem their political views to be largely wrong-headed. Well motivated, but ultimately baseless. I don't like them any less as friends on that account, and they seem content not to like me any less on that basis, either.

If I could, I would hire any one of them. Hard working. Smart. Diligent. And I'm sure they would hire me if the situation were reversed for mostly the same reasons.

That said, if your work product is as lazy and shiftless as your thought process, you'd never last a day in any difficult field where others have to count on you to get the work done well.

My work process is brilliant. You make the same assumptions about me that I make about Fox. It's so stupid, really. None of us know each other in RL. We only know our poliitical positions.

I have great affection for Fox and I admire her intellect. She doesn't feel that way about me. I doubt the woman would have me in her house, let alone hire me, regardless of my experience and qualifications.

I wouldn't want Fox as a boss because she wouldn't appreciate my spirit and creativity. I think she'd try and crush my spirit. That wouldn't make me able to do my best work.

:rolleyes:

People usually don't hire or fire people based on their political inclinations. I doubt Foxfyre would, either.

They think my political views are wrong-headed. Likewise, I deem their political views to be largely wrong-headed. Well motivated, but ultimately baseless. I don't like them any less as friends on that account, and they seem content not to like me any less on that basis, either.

If I could, I would hire any one of them. Hard working. Smart. Diligent. And I'm sure they would hire me if the situation were reversed for mostly the same reasons.

That said, if your work product is as lazy and shiftless as your thought process, you'd never last a day in any difficult field where others have to count on you to get the work done well.

My work process is brilliant. You make the same assumptions about me that I make about Fox. It's so stupid, really. None of us know each other in RL. We only know our poliitical positions.

I have great affection for Fox and I admire her intellect. She doesn't feel that way about me. I doubt the woman would have me in her house, let alone hire me, regardless of my experience and qualifications.

I wouldn't want Fox as a boss because she wouldn't appreciate my spirit and creativity. I think she'd try and crush my spirit. That wouldn't make me able to do my best work.

What I SAID was that IF your Work Product is as lazy and shiftless as your THOUGHT process.

Your thought process (as you just unwittingly proved yet again) is quite muddled and slovenly.

What you are actually saying is that you wouldn't work for a woman with whose politics you disagree.

Very narrow minded of you. I am not surprised at this point.

Nope. I am stating the truth. Fox can't stand me. She wouldn't have me in her house, let alone hire me.

She thinks she is superior to me in every way.

I grew up around people like her, and it's one reason I have nothing to do with my family.

I have worked in social services, teaching or counseling most of my life. I have almost always worked for liberals.

Last edited:
?? Because you think the attitude of the women she describes is meritorious?

:cuckoo:

Nope. I didn't say that. I wouldn't work for Foxfyre because she has such a low opinion of liberals.

True. In the position I mentioned earlier, the very nature of the beast is that many, maybe most, of the people active in it were passionate, full blown, card carrying liberals who could be very vocal about their opinions. And so were many on my staff. We got along just fine as none of us imposed our ideology on the people we served. My family is split about 50-50 staunch conservative and full blown liberal as well as being very diverse in race, ethnicity, and religion and I have a lot of friends I don't send political humor :). I spent most of my adult life in one of the nation's most liberal mainstream Christian denominations.

To say that I have a low opinion of liberals is just another example of Sky's prejudices.

True. In the position I mentioned earlier, the very nature of the beast is that many, maybe most, of the people active in it were passionate, full blown, card carrying liberals who could be very vocal about their opinions. And so were many on my staff. We got along just fine as none of us imposed our ideology on the people we served. My family is split about 50-50 staunch conservative and full blown liberal as well as being very diverse in race, ethnicity, and religion and I have a lot of friends I don't send political humor :). I spent most of my adult life in one of the nation's most liberal mainstream Christian denominations.

To say that I have a low opinion of liberals is just another example of Sky's prejudices.

Correction. You have a low opinion of me. You continually put down liberals. You aren't a liberal now. You left all that behind.

I accept that we aren't friends because of your opinion of me. I still enjoy your posts. You can't take that away from me.

Last edited:
poor, poor sky

Yup. Lordy, considering all the shitty things Sky has said about me over the months, plus the regular snotty remarks I get in her PMs, if that is her idea of 'affection' I would sure hate to see how she would treat somebody she doesn't like. :) No wonder she can't get along with her family.

But I will continue to protest shitty lies said about others who aren't here to defend themselves. If thinking that bearing false witness is okay to do if you aren't 'serious' is her idea of morality, I guess thinking I am morally superior to that is a cross I will just have to bear.

Sigh. It's a rotten job, but somebody has to do it.

(Was that too dramatic?)

poor, poor sky

Yup. Lordy, considering all the shitty things Sky has said about me over the months, plus the regular snotty remarks I get in her PMs, if that is her idea of 'affection' I would sure hate to see how she would treat somebody she doesn't like. :) No wonder she can't get along with her family.

But I will continue to protest shitty lies said about others who aren't here to defend themselves. If thinking that bearing false witness is okay to do if you aren't 'serious' is her idea of morality, I guess thinking I am morally superior to that is a cross I will just have to bear.

Sigh. It's a rotten job, but somebody has to do it.

(Was that too dramatic?)

Too bad you didn't post this to me, I might have answered you.

Back to the topic. Herman Cain certainly benefited from civil rights legislation and affirmative action.

He is also a highly skilled businessman and I am sure he deserved every promotion he got, even the ones that may have had political motives.

I won't be voting for him.

Just days after calling black people “weak minded,” Herman Cain has suddenly discovered the Race Card. Cain has called out fellow GOP Prez candidate Rick Perry over the “niggerhead” controversy. Obviously, weak minded blacks will now forgive Herman Cain’s earlier statements and vote for him in droves.

Sky just reminded me that despite the fact she brought her family into this, I was out of line mentioning it as family is off limits. And she's right so I take that back. I will amend my previous post to be "No wonder she can't get along with much of anybody." And she'll probably say that is hurtful too as if this wasn't intended to be hurtful?:

Nope. I am stating the truth. Fox can't stand me. She wouldn't have me in her house, let alone hire me.

I grew up around people like her, and it's one reason I have nothing to do with my family.

I have worked in social services, teaching or counseling most of my life. I have almost always worked for liberals.

Sky just reminded me that despite the fact she brought her family into this, I was out of line mentioning it as family is off limits. And she's right so I take that back. I will amend my previous post to be "No wonder she can't get along with much of anybody." And she'll probably say that is hurtful too as if this wasn't intended to be hurtful?:

Thank you. Apology accepted. My relationship with my family is a sore spot for me. I should never mention anything private on a public forum.

My bad.

Back to the topic. Herman Cain certainly benefited from civil rights legislation and affirmative action.

He is also a highly skilled businessman and I am sure he deserved every promotion he got, even the ones that may have had political motives.

Back to the topic? Back to unproven allegations. Thank you for tempering them though.

Just days after calling black people “weak minded,” Herman Cain has suddenly discovered the Race Card. Cain has called out fellow GOP Prez candidate Rick Perry over the “niggerhead” controversy. Obviously, weak minded blacks will now forgive Herman Cain’s earlier statements and vote for him in droves.

He replied in a measured way to the version of the story which was presented to him at the time the story broke. He said "if true" it was "insensitive".

On the next day, when more facts were made available he said he applauded the Perry family for blotting out the sign after they leased the property.

He handled that very well.

Last edited:

Back to the topic? Back to unproven allegations. Thank you for tempering them though.

He replied in a measured way to the version of the story which was presented to him at the time the story broke. He said "if true" it was "insensitive".

On the next day, more facts were made available he said he applauded the Perry family for blotting out the sign after they leased the property.

He still used the race card. That is my point. He did it seconds after insulting African Americans.

He uses the race card when he chooses and he criticises others who do the same. Some hypocrisy going on or some disconnect IMO.

On the next day, more facts were made available he said he applauded the Perry family for blotting out the sign after they leased the property.

He still used the race card. That is my point. He did it seconds after insulting African Americans.

He uses the race card when he chooses and he criticises others who do the same. Some hypocrisy going on or some disconnect IMO.

It was not using the race card to say the word ****** was "insensitive" ... in response to being asked about it during an interview?

How could he have responded to that question without you considering it having used the race card?

To me he was very mild in his response. Underplayed it significantly. The race card is when people go out of their way to declare racism at the slightest provocation.

The way the story was posed to him he had more than slight provocation and still did not call it racist.

He was very diplomatic.

Stark contrast to how Obama responded in the Cambridge cop / Henry Gates situation.

It was not using the race card to say the word ****** was "insensitive" ... in response to being asked about it during an interview?

How could he have responded to that question without you considering it having used the race card?

To me he was very mild in his response. Underplayed it significantly. The race card is when people go out of their way to declare racism at the slightest provocation.

The way the story was posed to him he had more than slight provocation and still did not call it racist.

He was very diplomatic.

Stark contrast to how Obama responded in the Cambridge cop / Henry Gates situation.

He used the race card AFTER he insulted African Americans. He used it when he question Obama's "blackness" because he has a white mother.

He uses it when he chooses and he criticises others who do the same. Disconnect.

Hi Ropey. Glad to see you are friend with Fox again.

I have very few online friends, mostly acquaintances. Posting nicely to someone does not mean they are my friend. :)

It means I am posting nicely to someone Sky. No more. Nothing to read into unless you like reading into things which is something I may have noted with you once or twice. :razz:

Cain rocks by the way (imo).

He was very diplomatic.

He used the race card AFTER he insulted African Americans. He used it when he question Obama's "blackness" because he has a white mother.

He uses it when he chooses and he criticises others who do the same. Disconnect.

I will have to look into those instances you describe. I totally don't see his response to the Niggerhead story as using the race card - the exact opposite. And I agree that the Democratic party has an unjustified loyalty from blacks - Democrats definitely tread in the territory of the soft racism of low expectations and use the solidity of the black voting bloc without actually delivering during non-campaign times.

So I wonder how I would feel about the other instances if I saw them in context.

(I have some memory of them but not enough to make a judgment.)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back