A question of honesty

If the al-Baghdadi raid failed, would you have blamed Trump?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

CWayne

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2019
I see many people in many feedback forums, newsprint, and articles all saying that Trump should not get any credit for the killing of al-Baghdadi.

So, let's have a moment of honesty.

For those who would give no credit to Trump, how many of you would have put blame on him had the mission failed?

It was never going to, as nothing of the kind ever happened. I don't believe the story, just like the other stories were bogus.

It was all made up, and nothing of the sort ever happened. It is all a narrative in the media put out as mis-information/disinformation by the intel community.

I mean, at the very least, give us the satellite photos or something. . .

Did you see pictures of the raid? Did you see a dead body? Is there any proof that anything like this ever happened? The only thing we will ever have, again, is just "eye witness" testimony to the fact. That is all.

I saw that news article about what happened to him at that ball game. This, added to the fact that he is in conflict with the establishment on this whole Syrian pullout, it is such a coincidence, it is mind boggling that folks just accept this narrative w/o question.

I call bullshit. Nothing but a manufactured reality for Oceania.

The credit that belongs to Trump is not the planning nor the execution of the raid. The credit that belongs to Trump is in the negotiation that led to Assad, Erdogen and Putin giving our aircraft safe passage to the raid. He gets credit for keeping the knowledge of the raid, the planning and negotiation away from democrats who would tell Baghdadi. He gets credit for giving the order.

FDR wasn't on the ground for D Day either.

I think trump deserves at least some credit for this the way Obama deserves zero credit for our killing OBL.
Trump ran on defeating ISIS so this fits that promise.
Obama blamed America for Muslim terrorism, even avoiding using the term. He denounced water-boarding even though that tactic helped gain the info necessary to find OBL.

I think trump deserves at least some credit for this the way Obama deserves zero credit for our killing OBL. Trump ran on defeating ISIS so this fits that promise. Obama blamed America for Muslim terrorism, even avoiding using the term. He denounced water-boarding even though that tactic helped gain the info necessary to find OBL.
Fake news!

I think trump deserves at least some credit for this the way Obama deserves zero credit for our killing OBL. Trump ran on defeating ISIS so this fits that promise. Obama blamed America for Muslim terrorism, even avoiding using the term. He denounced water-boarding even though that tactic helped gain the info necessary to find OBL.
Fake news!
No, I actually witnessed those two making those comments. It wasn’t second-hand reporting.

Trump claimed that the ISIS leader was “whimpering” and likened him to a “dog” in his attempt to escape U.S. forces. Five senior Trump administration officials who watched in real time as the president spoke on Sunday morning each told The Daily Beast that they had no idea where the president got the “whimpering and crying and screaming” detail.

Fake news!
No, I actually witnessed those two making those comments. It wasn’t second-hand reporting.
Cite? I don't give $.02 for your memory. It seems rather selective.

I think trump deserves at least some credit for this the way Obama deserves zero credit for our killing OBL.
Trump ran on defeating ISIS so this fits that promise.
Obama blamed America for Muslim terrorism, even avoiding using the term. He denounced water-boarding even though that tactic helped gain the info necessary to find OBL.

See folks these are the kind of folks who put out BS propaganda. Now anything good that happens they run out pounding the drums and patting him on the back, anything bad that happens it's the same ole song, "It was Pres. Obama's fault". You can't make this shit up.

For those who would give no credit to Trump, how many of you would have put blame on him had the mission failed?
Very true.

And precisely the same situation existed when bin Laden was nailed.

One of the many examples of why neither silly end of the spectrum has any credibility. Peas in a pod.

I call bullshit. Nothing but a manufactured reality for Oceania.

Zero honesty. Zero credibility. Zero shame.

This transcends any potus

Perhaps some of you can be objective enough to view the entire WOT as global class warfare .

That we've suckin' up to the rich Muzzies, and killin' the poor ones for quite some time should be a clue

~S~

Very true.

One of the many examples of why neither silly end of the spectrum has any credibility. Peas in a pod.

Yeah, "precisely the same situation"... You know, Mac, proving that requires a detailed, in-depth analysis, consideration of all the relevant aspects and circumstances, and a match found every time. Disproving the claim would require just one single aspect of the situations shown not to be equal. So, how about this:

He [Trump] decided to withdraw American troops from northern Syria, leaving the Kurds suddenly vulnerable to an invasion by Turkey and feeling stung by an American betrayal, and throwing the Baghdadi operation into turmoil as the Kurds suspended their security cooperation with the United States to rush off and defend their land.

So, let's review: The on-the-ground intelligence operation in Pakistan to get OBL was largely American, with a consistent, reliable cooperation between locals and the Americans.

Whereas Trump's recklessness and incompetence upended the security cooperation with the largely Kurdish intelligence operation on the ground to find Baghdadi, and that imperiled the entire operation.

Yeah, "precisely the same situation"... Say, Mac, finding equivalences everywhere, as is your wont, do you even listen to yourself? Let alone check your blab in any way?

Very true.

Yeah, "precisely the same situation"... You know, Mac, proving that requires a detailed, in-depth analysis, consideration of all the relevant aspects and circumstances, and a match found every time. Disproving the claim would require just one single aspect of the situations shown not to be equal. So, how about this:

He [Trump] decided to withdraw American troops from northern Syria, leaving the Kurds suddenly vulnerable to an invasion by Turkey and feeling stung by an American betrayal, and throwing the Baghdadi operation into turmoil as the Kurds suspended their security cooperation with the United States to rush off and defend their land.

So, let's review: The on-the-ground intelligence operation in Pakistan to get OBL was largely American, with a consistent, reliable cooperation between locals and the Americans.

Whereas Trump's recklessness and incompetence upended the security cooperation with the largely Kurdish intelligence operation on the ground to find Baghdadi, and that imperiled the entire operation.

Yeah, "precisely the same situation"... Say, Mac, finding equivalences everywhere, as is your wont, do you even listen to yourself? Let alone check your blab in any way?
:laugh:

Forum List

Back