A question for women who aborted a child in their life.

Good job you 2. Textbook of what debating is. Respectfully disagree. Give the points. Rebuttal. Comfine your meanings. Rinse and repeat. Impressive

I have not met any women that regret an abortion. I have met adults that regret not having that sibling.
I've never met a woman who I knew had an abortion that did not regret it. I have no idea how many woman I know had one that I didn't know but the ones I know are so torn apart emotionally that they never, ever, get over what they've done.
Odd that. I had a secretary that had so many She would zip into the clinic on her lunch hour, pop an aspirin and be back at her desk with a takeout sandwich. I have never met a woman who, in hindsight, didn't think it was the best decision.

I knew one woman that elected to keep the child, a girl. It was a complete nightmare. It was the result of a rape. A particularly violent rape. Without the gory details, after a life of misery, the girl was found dead at 17. She hanged herself in the closet. Mum died of severe alcoholism at 50.

When you look at your living children in their eyes,

And we have another loving Christian hoping to inflict their sick warped sense of guilt on to normal people. Some people just want everyone to be as miserable as they are.
A true failure indeed, as any genetic test will handily prove that the unborn is in fact an individual, with its own unique DNA sequence that it will carry through its whole life regardless of age.
Put it's not a person.

Just as a brain dead body being kept alive by machines is not a person. It's a body with it's own unique DNA sequence that it has carried through it's whole life regardless of age.

Just suppose that body hooked up to the machine has even half the prognosis that typical child in the womb has.
What it is, isn't what it will be. It is what it is. Until it's a person, it is not a person.

Please explain for the class how you were not YOU when YOU wete first biologically conceived by your parents.

Please explain how your biological father is Your biological father, if you were not YOU (a person) when he biologically parented you.
Without my personality and capability of thought... There is no me. There is a body. It wasn't MY body... It was A body, that I ended up in once that body grew old enough to actually have a thought. That thought was the start of ME. Not before that.

Opinion noted.

It's ok to have opinions.

If it doesn't bother you to be wrong, it doesn't bother me that you are wrong.
Wrong?

"I think therefor I am" is pretty good standard within science. Or are you going the soul route? I will not take digs at you for thinking there is a soul and it happens at conception... No problem, I disagree.. But.. ok.

If ***I*** can't think there is no ***I***. There could be a collection of living cells there, but there is no ***I***.

So.... infants should be perfectly legal to kill?

And we have another loving Christian hoping to inflict their sick warped sense of guilt on to normal people. Some people just want everyone to be as miserable as they are.
A true failure indeed, as any genetic test will handily prove that the unborn is in fact an individual, with its own unique DNA sequence that it will carry through its whole life regardless of age.
Put it's not a person.

Just as a brain dead body being kept alive by machines is not a person. It's a body with it's own unique DNA sequence that it has carried through it's whole life regardless of age.

Just suppose that body hooked up to the machine has even half the prognosis that typical child in the womb has.
What it is, isn't what it will be. It is what it is. Until it's a person, it is not a person.

Please explain for the class how you were not YOU when YOU wete first biologically conceived by your parents.

Please explain how your biological father is Your biological father, if you were not YOU (a person) when he biologically parented you.
Without my personality and capability of thought... There is no me. There is a body. It wasn't MY body... It was A body, that I ended up in once that body grew old enough to actually have a thought. That thought was the start of ME. Not before that.

Opinion noted.

Wrong?

"I think therefor I am" is pretty good standard within science. Or are you going the soul route? I will not take digs at you for thinking there is a soul and it happens at conception... No problem, I disagree.. But.. ok.

If ***I*** can't think there is no ***I***. There could be a collection of living cells there, but there is no ***I***.

It's about time someone asked that question. Thank you.

I actually believe that after the first actual thought happens, that abortion should no longer be an option. Once the brain starts actually thinking... It never stops. Even while you are sleeping, it doesn't stop. It's why we dream.

Which is my ruler of a "person" and when it starts. Science so far isn't determined the exact age the brain starts thinking on it's own to have actual thought. The earliest I can find is at 12-16 weeks from conception... Now, until we can figure out a good way to measure that to satisfy my standard, I'm happy just saying I don't think anyone should have, or have the ability to, have an abortion after 12 weeks. I figure if you can't figure out if you are pregnant or if you want to have a child within three months you aren't a good candidate for being parent in the first place.

This was fast and loose as I have to go to work, I hope I fleshed it out enough and was clear enough not to start a fire before I get off work roughly ten hours from now.

^^^ I am well aware of other people having different beliefs compared to the ones that I have gone with. You do realize that there is more to the Lord's word than just want is in the old testament, right?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
of course. but how does that matter? you didn't really answer, now did you?

who gets to say 'never mind' to the OT, when it's supposedly written about god? who gets to decide which parts are valid & which parts aren't ? or impose any/all of it on those that don't believe what you believe?

this is a secular nation where no one religion is state sanctioned; therefore you live your life according to your bible, should you choose & you are allowed to pick & choose what's in there... but not force that belief on anybody else.
I never once said that the old Testament is to be disregarded especially when that happens to be where the ten commandments are, one of them being about killing which is what category abortion will always fall into no matter how you people try to justify it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
would you vote to make it legal to shackle a woman to force her to give birth?

& did you vote for trump?
If abortion was already illegal like it should be, you wouldn't have to ask such a question now would you? Yes, I voted for our current leader.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
you didn't answer the question.

again.

would you like to see women in shackles to prevent them from having one?

i'll also extend that question & apply it: to punishing her, should she seek an 'illegal' abortion as well. yes or no ?

i see you that you voted for a fornicator,
& who committed adultery,
& has coveted his neighbor's goods,
& has coveted his neighbor's wife,
& has stolen
& has not honored his mother & father

i see the picking & choosing is in full force.

& he has lusted
& is a glutton
& is greedy
& is a lazy sloth
& has shown what his 'wrath' can do
& he's envious
& he has too much destructive 'pride'.

lol... god bless you too!
You do realize that a person who does what needs to be done where one situation is concerned is going to be unfortunately flawed somewhere else, right? Sadly no one on this planet is perfect.

God bless you and our current leader always!!!

Holly

P.S. If being shackled is what it takes for the delivery to happen, oh well. To me, the only reason why an abortion should happen is if the pregnancy/delivery will bring an end to the life of the mother, especially if the well being of other people, like other kids for example, depends on the well being of the mother.

^ ' oh well '

^^^ that thought process is being flawed on steroids ^^^

& there it is - a sickness in the mind that cannot be cured.

Last edited:
Cutting to the chase ...

7. An Ovum is a haploid reproductive CELL. True or False?

True.

And it's also an organism, as it can grow and reproduce. All it needs is a sperm cell and other factors. As proof of that, I point to how I can trace my development back to an ovum. That ovum indisputably developed into me, therefore an ovum can grow and develop, therefore it is a human organism.

Put it's not a person.

Opinion noted.

Wrong?

I actually believe that after the first actual thought happens, that abortion should no longer be an option. Once the brain starts actually thinking... It never stops. Even while you are sleeping, it doesn't stop. It's why we dream.

Which is my ruler of a "person" and when it starts. Science so far isn't determined the exact age the brain starts thinking on it's own to have actual thought. The earliest I can find is at 12-16 weeks from conception... Now, until we can figure out a good way to measure that to satisfy my standard, I'm happy just saying I don't think anyone should have, or have the ability to, have an abortion after 12 weeks. I figure if you can't figure out if you are pregnant or if you want to have a child within three months you aren't a good candidate for being parent in the first place.

This was fast and loose as I have to go to work, I hope I fleshed it out enough and was clear enough not to start a fire before I get off work roughly ten hours from now.

If thought is a prerequisite for the validity of life, then all comatose patients should be legal to kill.

This is what happens with your abortion "qualifiers". When you place them ANYWHERE ELSE on the human condition they fall apart.

Doesn't matter if you beat your head against the wall an abortion is a pregnancy so far along, it was, is, and will be that far along forever. i think it's some sick perversion to personalize an abortion. Does it make you bitches feel 'better than thou?' Look at me I never had an abortion, but the lady down the street did. And her vagina workings are my business. What goes on between her legs are my business. I think somewhere Pro-Life women want to have a threesome and be the one in charge.

If thought is a prerequisite for the validity of life, then all comatose patients should be legal to kill.
I thought we were talking about when a "person" started. Not when they ended.

You are free to beat the hell out of that straw man if you want... But that doesn't really have anything to do with the point I was making.

And... It's believed most comatose patients dream, so you would be incorrect anyway. But... I don't really want to harp on that given it doesn't really invalidate anything I said.

Doesn't matter if you beat your head against the wall an abortion is a pregnancy so far along, it was, is, and will be that far along forever. i think it's some sick perversion to personalize an abortion. Does it make you bitches feel 'better than thou?' Look at me I never had an abortion, but the lady down the street did. And her vagina workings are my business. What goes on between her legs are my business. I think somewhere Pro-Life women want to have a threesome and be the one in charge.

Hmmmmm.

Projection noted.

Last edited:

Put it's not a person.

Opinion noted.

Wrong?

This is what happens with your abortion "qualifiers". When you place them ANYWHERE ELSE on the human condition they fall apart.

The good thing is that common sense on this (like you just exhibited) has already prevailed in the courts. The ability to think is NOT now and never will be a requirement for "personhood."

You are free to beat the hell out of that straw man if you want... But that doesn't really have anything to do with the point I was making.

And... It's believed most comatose patients dream, so you would be incorrect anyway. But... I don't really want to harp on that given it doesn't really invalidate anything I said.

Yes it does, you just don't like it because it conflicts with your beliefs.

We can place a person under heavy anesthesia and shut down all thought. Matter of fact we do it all the time in surgeries. By your definition the patient would no longer be a person. You could counter and say that the subject will achieve thought again once the body eliminates the anesthesia and that would be true, but I can use the same argument for a embryo/fetus - they too will achieve thought after the requisite biological processes.

Even a victim of extreme trauma with no measurable brain activity cannot be arbitrarily terminated. If you were to walk into a hospital and shoot said individual you would be charged with murder. It is only permissible under sound medical reasoning that the patient has no chance of recovery.

Like I said - all pro-abortion arguments fail when applied anywhere else.

tws2.png

The good thing is that common sense on this (like you just exhibited) has already prevailed in the courts. The ability to think is NOT now and never will be a requirement for "personhood."
Ok... Here:

Arugment from authority
An argument from authority (argumentum ab auctoritate), also called an appeal to authority, or argumentum ad verecundiam, is a form of defeasible[1] argument in which the opinion of an authority on a topic is used as evidence to support an argument. It is well known as a fallacy, though some consider that it is used in a cogent form when all sides of a discussion agree on the reliability of the authority in the given context.[2][3] Other authors consider it a fallacy to cite an authority on the discussed topic as the primary means of supporting an argument.[4]

It really non of your business, all you pro lifers , and mind your own business. You are intruding in private healthcare of the individual,

and God has given that person an "inalienable rights" to privacy of her heatlh.

Norma McCorvey (the original Jane Roe) said on her deathbed she was paid by the pro life group to state she has made a misstate and was really pro choice all the time, she was a well paid actress to be pro life.

Yes it does, you just don't like it because it conflicts with your beliefs.
No it doesn't. You can freely google that. Most comatose patients are known to dream IE have some form of thought. You are flat out wrong.

Even a victim of extreme trauma with no measurable brain activity cannot be arbitrarily terminated. If you were to walk into a hospital and shoot said individual you would be charged with murder. It is only permissible under sound medical reasoning that the patient has no chance of recovery.
I absolutely agree with that. Meaning that they are braid dead. They do not now have any ability to think. They will never have it. Bob is not there. Bob's body is there, but Bob is gone. It's just a body.

If you abort a fetus before it has it, they will never have it either. It's not taken away, because they never had it. There was never a person there to kill.

I have no problems killing something that isn't a person.

Like I said - all pro-abortion arguments fail when applied anywhere else.
I'm pro-choice. I have zero problems with your pro-life stance. That's what pro-choice means. If I was pro-abortion then yes, I would have a problem with you. But I'm not. Again... I'm not trying to change your mind, only explain why I think the way I do.

Hmmmmm.

Projection noted.
Hmmmmm.

Stupidity noted.

did you know that abortion was sanctioned in the bible? did you know incest occurred by the same man - in the story that supposedly is used for homophobics to justify their discrimination? did you know that the bible is chock full of people who had wives AND concubines AND owned slaves.

speaking of infidelity - donny is guilty as fuck - - - but you voted for him knowing full well what kind of person he is. he's broken so many commandments & has committed several, if not all of the 7 deadly sins.

LOL --- 'hypocrite'?

you have that smeared all over you like stink on shit.

What the hell does Trump's infidelity have to do with anything? You're the one depending on the Bible for your argument; I'm not. I started out as a never-Trumper but when it came down to two adulterers, I had to choose the less-evil of the two adulterers.

In the Bible, there are stories about slavery. Does that make slavery right? You just prove my point that right versus wrong, moral versus immoral, ethical versus unethical, is not created by the words in the Bible.

Bottom line, you still think all arguments against abortion are void because Christians are against it. Either you're a hypocrite or you must also support murder and robbery because Christians are against it.

Forum List

Back