A new Zone is needed: a modest proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!
Since anything said by anyone on any topic at all at any time is potentially offensive to someone here at USMB, to reduce that risk, it is clear that we need a new safer safe Zone. Letā€™s call it Zone 1A.

Anything said at all in Zone 1A should lead to a thread ban. No replies should be allowed under any circumstances. Sure, it will tend to cut down on discussion and debate. But letā€™s consider the upside! No feelings will get hurteded.

Letā€™s just admit it. Free speech can cause feelings. So the obvious solution should be explored: Censorship. Itā€™s for your own good.

Remember: If you have a different opinion, keep it to yourself.

šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

I have no idea what this is or what it means? What is Zone 1?
USMB safe space type rules for the avoidance of off topic commentary that might ruffle a feather or two in certain forums. Itā€™s in the Big USMB Book of Rulez available at all fine USMB MEMBERSHIP outlets. Protected safe space Zone 1 rules apply apparently to any discussion in the Religion Forum and now in the Forum for discussion of race and racism. Etc.

My interest in this concept was enhanced recently. I canā€™t go into it. (There are rules about that too.) USMB hasnā€™t degenerated into the liberal dictatorship known as Twitter. Yet. But itā€™s far from the Wild West arena for discussions it once was.

Protected safe space Zone 1 rules apply apparently to any discussion in the Religion Forum and now in the Forum for discussion of race and racism. Etc.

Clean or civil discussion IS NOT "a safe space" -- it's an art that thrived in this country until the 2000s with the intro of social media and partisan as shit cable news. IT DIED. But if you want to CONFLICT AND DANGEROUS competitiveness in WINNING an argument -- go watch a college debate contest or the debate video below.

Done right -- Civil Discussion is combat. MEANINGFUL combat.

The flaming and baiting THAT YOU want to continue in Race and Religion is CHEAP, low effort ad hominem attacks that are SO OVER-USED -- they score no points anymore in discussion. You can't discuss the topics with profanity, baiting and flaming? Your problem.

He's a racist , She's a racist. Wouldn't like to be a racist too? (sung to the tune of Dr. Pepper) was the standard fare in Race forum. That's been fixed and will stay fixed.

Clean or civil discussion IS NOT "a safe space" -- it's an art that thrived in this country until the 2000s with the intro of social media and partisan as shit cable news. IT DIED. But if you want to CONFLICT AND DANGEROUS competitiveness in WINNING an argument -- go watch a college debate contest or the debate video below.

Done right -- Civil Discussion is combat. MEANINGFUL combat.

The flaming and baiting THAT YOU want to continue in Race and Religion is CHEAP, low effort ad hominem attacks that are SO OVER-USED -- they score no points anymore in discussion. You can't discuss the topics with profanity, baiting and flaming? Your problem.

He's a racist , She's a racist. Wouldn't like to be a racist too? (sung to the tune of Dr. Pepper) was the standard fare in Race forum. That's been fixed and will stay fixed.

Meh. It isnā€™t fixed. Itā€™s hurt the board. And free speech has taken a hit. But Iā€™m well aware it will stay so damaged. Alas.

Also, the claim that I want to employ as hominem is false. I am however willing to use it where appropriate, especially in response to an argument in kind. I havenā€™t sought to flamenand bait either. Your making such claims isnā€™t supporterd or supportable.

Last edited:
Also, the claim that I want to employ as hominem is false. I am however willing to use it where appropriate, especially in response to an argument in kind.

All these conversions we've HAD the past 48 hours CERTAINLY SAY it's all about your LOST ability to call others USMB members racists. It's ALL about that.

And with civil discussion -- No one else is gonna CALL YOU a racist. So there's no "in kind". You want the flaming back. We want Race Relations discussed with a LOT MORE EFFORT AND RESPECT.

THat's what all this drama boils down to..

Didn't watch the debate video didya? Not interested in what REAL RACE RELATIONS discussion sounds like. I'm not surprised. It's NEVER -- "a safe place" to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back