A new technology guess.

Whereisup

Jul 28, 2013
Part of this idea is something I thought of this morning, and there is no proof of it. Sometimes talking about a new idea leads to a comment from someone which triggers a newer idea in my mind.

Background: I have a guess going - that subjective qualities of perception are acxtual dimensions which interact with physical dimensions. Thus, there would be one to several redness dimensions, one to several blueness dimensions, one to several sound-of-middle-c dimensions, one to several smooth-feel dimensions, etc.

The reason is that none of those properties exist in physical structures or processes. For example, we interpret different electromagnetic wave lengths as different colors, but in the physical, they are all the same except being of different lengths.

Now time is a dimension because it interacts with spatial dimensions, although it is different from a spatial dimension. Similarly, subjective properties could be dimensions like time is a dimension, because like time, they interact with spatial dimensions. For example, physical processes in the brain (space) cause subjective properties, so they do interact with spatial dimensions, as a dimension should.

That means that certain arrangements of subjective property dimensions should have effects on physical structures and processes. With additional knowledge, that might lead to new technologies.

Now this morning's guess:

The brain uses both nerve impulses and chemical interactions to process information. For example, at the synapse, neurotransmitter molecules drift from one nerve to another, and some of them then dock with a neurotransmitter molecule receptor on the surface of the second neuron. The receptor is a sort of round pore, and when a molecule docks in it, that changes it's shape.

My guess, then, is that the shapes of molecules may be a point at which subjective property dimensions interact with the physical, so molecules with different shapes arranged in certain patterns, might interact with different patterns of subjective property dimension, and that might lead to new technologies.

Jim

Jim

Part of this idea is something I thought of this morning, and there is no proof of it. Sometimes talking about a new idea leads to a comment from someone which triggers a newer idea in my mind.

Background: I have a guess going - that subjective qualities of perception are acxtual dimensions which interact with physical dimensions. Thus, there would be one to several redness dimensions, one to several blueness dimensions, one to several sound-of-middle-c dimensions, one to several smooth-feel dimensions, etc.

The reason is that none of those properties exist in physical structures or processes. For example, we interpret different electromagnetic wave lengths as different colors, but in the physical, they are all the same except being of different lengths.

Now time is a dimension because it interacts with spatial dimensions, although it is different from a spatial dimension. Similarly, subjective properties could be dimensions like time is a dimension, because like time, they interact with spatial dimensions. For example, physical processes in the brain (space) cause subjective properties, so they do interact with spatial dimensions, as a dimension should.

That means that certain arrangements of subjective property dimensions should have effects on physical structures and processes. With additional knowledge, that might lead to new technologies.

The brain uses both nerve impulses and chemical interactions to process information. For example, at the synapse, neurotransmitter molecules drift from one nerve to another, and some of them then dock with a neurotransmitter molecule receptor on the surface of the second neuron. The receptor is a sort of round pore, and when a molecule docks in it, that changes it's shape.

My guess, then, is that the shapes of molecules may be a point at which subjective property dimensions interact with the physical, so molecules with different shapes arranged in certain patterns, might interact with different patterns of subjective property dimension, and that might lead to new technologies.

Jim

Jim

Interesting post.

According to quantum physics particles are in super positions and the very act of observing them makes them "settle" on a position. A chaotic universe that orders itself spontaneously according to who/what is observing it but only at an atomic level. Would it be possible to somehow tether a particle to visible matter such that it was in two states simultaneously?

Jim

Interesting post.

According to quantum physics particles are in super positions and the very act of observing them makes them "settle" on a position. A chaotic universe that orders itself spontaneously according to who/what is observing it but only at an atomic level. Would it be possible to somehow tether a particle to visible matter such that it was in two states simultaneously?

As just a caution, I have read physicists debunking the popular quantum mechanics ideas, which of course doesn't mean that those physicists are necessarily right.

I don't know the answer to your question, but here are some things you might think about in trying to get some insight into your question yourself.

Visual matter would be so much larger than a particle that it would be like trying to tether a marble to the earth. So you would need to search for new kinds of tethers which could do something like that, linking objects in two very different scales.

Then, you would have to come up with some properties which would stabilize a superposition. I'm not saying whether such properties exist or not since I don't know. But that would be the direction in which you would be looking.

One usual tactic is to question the obvious. In this case, anything obvious that is connected with your question.

Then, you might try a search technique. Select two words at random from a dictionary. Then, try to see how the relationship of the worlds might create an analogy which would hint at what you are looking for. It is possible to put any two words into an A is to B relationship. You would probably need to do this with a number of pairs of words, but if you still haven't found any hints bearing upon your question in several hundred pairs, the chances are that the method won't work for your particular question.

Good luck!

Jim

Jim

Jim

Perhaps you've never been aware of your "special powers" -- but you share something in common with some of my family members..

Look up synesthesia.. I believe you have it..

The wife is a piano prodigy --- sees each note in scales by color.. Associates calendar dates and time with spectral colors as well..

Part of this idea is something I thought of this morning, and there is no proof of it. Sometimes
Jim

Perhaps you've never been aware of your "special powers" -- but you share something in common with some of my family members..

Look up synesthesia.. I believe you have it..

The wife is a piano prodigy --- sees each note in scales by color.. Associates calendar dates and time with spectral colors as well..

In my case, I have no special powers. Over my lifetime, I have read hundreds of books and articles on the psychology of creative behavior, and have practiced their exercises, and exercises I developed using their discoveries. Part of this has been practicing the development of new ideas in a number of areas, and practicing the development of new ideas which pull together data from widely different areas.

That doesn't mean that all the new ideas I come up with are true. Some turn out not to be, while others, looking at further evidence, seem to be true.

But that is a part of the creative process. One thinks up as many ideas as possible first and then one carefully tests them to see which hold up.

Jim

Forum List

Back