A Muslim Brit nails it again on the New Zealand attack

Right on cue, thanks.
I didn't insult them.
I know. You insulted me, and I appreciate it.

I never have to name names. You folks jump right in and self-identify for me.

So, again, thanks.
You should take their advice.
Whatever you say. I'm sure you're right.

By the way, have you answered the questions I posed in post 581? It's the point of the thread, as desperate as you are to change the subject and make it about me.

Here you go:

Maajid Nawaz is trying to bring reform and liberalization to his beloved religion.

Do you agree with his efforts, or do you disagree with them?

He believes there are people who claim to be liberal who are making it much tougher for him by, in effect, aligning themselves with Islamic fundamentalists against this effort.

Do you agree with that opinion, or do you disagree with it?
Maajid Nawaz is trying to bring reform and liberalization to his beloved religion.

Do you agree with his efforts, or do you disagree with them?

More power to him.

He believes there are people who claim to be liberal who are making it much tougher for him by, in effect, aligning themselves with Islamic fundamentalists against this effort.

Do you agree with that opinion, or do you disagree with it?

I disagree with that opinion.
Perfect, thanks!

I guess this should be my USMB motto!

:p

0040616f-2186-4b8d-a798-479c008ba4f7-original.jpg
You are an annoyance. You lack the intellect to be an enemy.
I'm sure you're right.

You keep posting to me, you keep complaining, after all.
Because you are an annoyance. I am trying to make this happen.

The essential dialogue that Nawaz and Harris invite us to have is about more than the first part of the film title suggests. It is about the principles of pluralist liberal democracy, the ability to have a friendly and cooperative disagreement, and the courage to speak — out loud — about highly charged topics of all kinds—across cultures, across ideologies, and across other divides.

I guess this should be my USMB motto!

:p

0040616f-2186-4b8d-a798-479c008ba4f7-original.jpg
You are an annoyance. You lack the intellect to be an enemy.
I'm sure you're right.

You keep posting to me, you keep complaining, after all.
Because you are an annoyance. I am trying to make this happen.

The essential dialogue that Nawaz and Harris invite us to have is about more than the first part of the film title suggests. It is about the principles of pluralist liberal democracy, the ability to have a friendly and cooperative disagreement, and the courage to speak — out loud — about highly charged topics of all kinds—across cultures, across ideologies, and across other divides.
Fantastic, thanks!

The only thing I can deduce is that the OP lacks the ability to think for himself.

Ok. Stop right there. The shooter very clearly stated in his manifesto that he was a lone operator and that he was motivated to vigilantism by terrorist attacks he's seen in Europe, particularly the murder of a deaf child.

This was by no means a sign of "far-right extremism on the march once more".
No, it is an example of it.

Hey, Muslims! You are following "an [sic] bronze age set of bad ideas". Reform already, we'll tell you how!
Of course, the yeoman's work will have to be done by Muslims, not non muslims. I can speak more frankly and differently here than when i am speaking to a muslim for effect.

And your comment is retarded. Go ahead and try to connect the dots between the above statement and white supremacy. So we can all laugh at you .

But yes, we will help tell them how, using secular arguments and humanism. Because our secular society infused with classical liberalism is far superior in every aspect to anything based on literalist Islam. And if you disagree, you're wrong. Sorry, nothing about race there, either.

The Muslim in the OP agrees with me. Go ahead and try out your stupid canards on him. He is used to liberals failing badly on this issue. I'm sure he has a few more eyerolls left in him.

Last edited:
No. I am talking about the fundamental bases. I think that was pretty clear.
No. Who or what is Secular Western Society? If that's shortlonghand for the US, then pretending the Bible Belt doesn't exist is pretty disingenuous.
And here is a perfect illustration of a liberal failing badly on this issue.

In the bible belt, we are struggling with gay marriage, gender pronouns, and teaching ID in school.

In islamic countries, we are struggling with whether or not the penalty for homosexuality should be death, and whether or not the penalty for apostasy shoild be death, and whether or not it is noble, holy, and worthy of reward to blow up innocent people at bus stops, and whether a global death sentence should be imposed on someone for writing a book.

So get that embarrassing bullshit out of here. Thanks.

And one more thing:

The next time the debate over gay marriage in the bible belt arises, i fully expect you to hop in and excuse all of those opposed by pointing at laws against homosexuality in muslim countries.

"You cant criticize them! Because muslims do this!!!!:________"

You know, for consistency.

No. Who or what is Secular Western Society? If that's shortlonghand for the US, then pretending the Bible Belt doesn't exist is pretty disingenuous.

In the bible belt, we are struggling with gay marriage, gender pronouns, and teaching ID in school.

In islamic countries, we are struggling with whether or not the penalty for homosexuality should be death, and whether or not the penalty for apostasy shoild be death, and whether or not it is noble, holy, and worthy of reward to blow up innocent people at bus stops, and whether a global death sentence should be imposed on someone for writing a book.

It's not your struggle my man. That is the basics of liberal thought.

It's not your struggle my man. That is the basics of liberal thought.
Yet, the funny man (OP) doesn't want to discuss it.

Forum List

Back