A multistory residential building partially collapsed in the South Florida

The French medias are saying that the owner or one of the owners was in building when it happen ? Sorry i don't have a link about this information so i can't confirm it but maybe someone else will be able to confirm this ?
But this if is true one could wonder about the risks (with all the damages to the building we see in all the pictures coming from this thread ) to the residents of the building and nothing was done to stop what happened?

It's horrible for all involved, but the death of the children just breaks me up entirely.

I have stayed on Florida beaches many times. But now that I think about it, you wonder how the soil is on all those barrier islands etc....

Thank you for a very good post, with excellent visuals as to the devastation unseen in descriptive verbals I saw on tv last night.

The French medias are saying that the owner or one of the owners was in building when it happen ?
They're "condos" so each individual unit has an "owner" (though some occupants apparently managed to rent from the overall property owners -- some real estate investment corporation noted earlier). Then there's the owner's "association" to which the unit owners pay regular fees to manage and maintain the property. A thing they can apparently sue under such circumstances, even though they undoubtedly signed multiple disclaimers precluding such childish nonsense. The rich live by different rules.. then add that it's Florida. 'Nuff said.

The French medias are saying that the owner or one of the owners was in building when it happen ?
They're "condos" so each individual unit has an "owner" (though some occupants apparently managed to rent from the overall property owners -- some real estate investment corporation noted earlier). Then there's the owner's "association" to which the unit owners pay regular fees to manage and maintain the property. A thing they can apparently sue under such circumstances, even though they undoubtedly signed multiple disclaimers precluding such childish nonsense. The rich live by different rules.. then add that it's Florida. 'Nuff said.
No thanks, you've already built your reputation as a spammer.

These are pictures of a garage column in sister building, Champlain Towers East.

44787569-9734511-Structural_damage_can_be_seen_at_Champlain_Towers_East_adjacent_-a-37_1624965322504.jpg
44787563-9734511-Residents_at_Towers_East_and_North_buildings_are_now_worried_aft-m-36_1624965316045.jpg

They look remarkably similar to the deterioration seen in the 2018 inspection report for the collapsed building, Champlain Towers South...

I don't think it would be too much to ask to immediately install backup support columns (column jacks) around the damaged ones. Not doing so would seem to be very negligent..

Also, a former maintenance engineer says the parking garage would flood about monthly at King Tide...

Building underground parking garages so close to the ocean is apparently not the greatest idea.

It's horrible for all involved, but the death of the children just breaks me up entirely.

I have stayed on Florida beaches many times. But now that I think about it, you wonder how the soil is on all those barrier islands etc....
Salt water erodes just about everything eventually.

Did you see in April that the association condo owner's from $136,000 up to $336,000 for repairs?

Did you see in April that the association condo owner's from $136,000 up to $336,000 for repairs?

Allow me to clarify...

Repair estimate to the building is estimated at $16M. There are 136 units in the building, and the association has $700k cash on hand.

The amount each condo owner would pay would be $80,000 to $336,000, based upon size of the condo, with the average cost being a little over $100k.

Typical starting price for a unit in these Champlain Towers buildings was recently about $600k. Monthly association fee starts at $500 for the small units.

Not yet, but now that you mention it:
Owners would have to pay assessments ranging from $80,190 for one-bedroom units to $336,135 for the owner of the building's four-bedroom penthouse, a document sent to the building's residents said. The deadline to pay upfront or choose paying a monthly fee lasting 15 years was July 1.

Florida condo tower collapse: Massive rescue effort underway in Surfside with 1 confirmed death.
This is pretty horrible , i hope the best for the people and pray for them.
We still don't have the cause of the collapse.

The entire back side of the building has collapsed...​

View attachment 504968

Florida condo tower collapse: Massive rescue effort underway in Surfside with 1 confirmed death

Biden’s new infrastructure bill wants to put up these ugly apartments buildings in every suburb.

Now isn't that picture of the column comforting!

It could maybe be made into posters saying that "this is America now" for how they treat their cars!

No Canadian could sleep well at night if they left their car in there!

The professional inspector who signed off on the building has yet to be identified. That inspector is no doubt a longstanding member of the local hackorama collecting a paycheck to appease the business model of the corrupt elites that make millions with high rents and low quality safety standards.

This is not Mexico; why don't we know who that is?

These are pictures of a garage column in sister building, Champlain Towers East.

44787569-9734511-Structural_damage_can_be_seen_at_Champlain_Towers_East_adjacent_-a-37_1624965322504.jpg
44787563-9734511-Residents_at_Towers_East_and_North_buildings_are_now_worried_aft-m-36_1624965316045.jpg

They look remarkably similar to the deterioration seen in the 2018 inspection report for the collapsed building, Champlain Towers South...

I don't think it would be too much to ask to immediately install backup support columns (column jacks) around the damaged ones. Not doing so would seem to be very negligent..

Also, a former maintenance engineer says the parking garage would flood about monthly at King Tide...

Building underground parking garages so close to the ocean is apparently not the greatest idea.
CBS4’s Jim DeFede interviewed William Espinosa, a Champlain maintenance manager from the late 1990s, who said ocean saltwater would make its way into the underground garage — so much that “pumps never could keep up with it.”

martybegan

No, they aren't---the bodies would be crushed into nothing and then given Florida's bugs and other environmental factors---nothing at all left.

Yeah, the building looks pretty solid so maybe the cause is an explosion from the inside?
C-4 or Thermite. Mossad. Shit hit the fan for Israeli operatives. IDF showed up in massive land invasion.

The professional inspector who signed off on the building has yet to be identified. That inspector is no doubt a longstanding member of the local hackorama collecting a paycheck to appease the business model of the corrupt elites that make millions with high rents and low quality safety standards.

This is not Mexico; why don't we know who that is?
Am I the only one asking this question? Those buildings were inspected by professional inspectors that declared them safe. Why are there no investigations for corruption, payoffs, and incompetence? People died here. Why have these people not been identified?

Is this a Florida thing or is it going on all over the country? This guy had a great paying do-nothing government job and protected his retirement with the blood of innocent victims. What is up with this stuff?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back