A message of hope to sane Americans

Recognizing that your own crime rate is higher than the USA's - does it matter whether the American victims were killed by a gun? Does it make an individual any "less dead" to have been killed with a knife, an ice pick, a machete, a baseball bat, etc? No. It does not.
More guns equals more gun violence.

Wyoming and Alaska have both high levels of guns and gun violence.

Massachussets and California have low levels of both guns and gun violence

The UK has almost zero guns and therefore almost zero gun violence

Yet you have a higher crime rate (without guns). How do you explain that? Does it not prove the point that guns do not kill people but rather people kill people? Does it not prove that it has made your society "less safe" and more vulnerable to an increase in crimes of rape, murder, etc? Do you understand that gun ownership in America is responsible for "preventing crimes" - home invasions, rapes, murders,robberies - yes, owning guns has been a deterrent to the would be criminal! Think about it.
Source?

And give me a good source, not your fox news or Bierbart or shit like that. Give me something reputable like the Guardian or BBC

How about the Telegraph? It's your own news. Here you go:

UK is violent crime capital of Europe - Telegraph

Doesn;t change the fact that the USA has more DEATHS by gun versus simple muggings.

Rape lasts a minute. Death by bullet is forever. And the US has WAY more gun DEATHS

Simple muggings are not so simple in the USA because Americans have concealed carry permits. As for the description of "simple muggings that result in murder"? I can understand why you would use such terminology. It is very simple for the criminals in the UK to mug and murder because the victim doesn't have a gun. Which is why your own Telegraph News reports that the UK is the crime capitol of Europe. That is quite a record and it is a sad report on what happens when a society is disarmed and unable to protect themselves. Very sad indeed.

Thank you for the dialogue. Good night.

More guns equals more gun violence.

Wyoming and Alaska have both high levels of guns and gun violence.

Massachussets and California have low levels of both guns and gun violence

The UK has almost zero guns and therefore almost zero gun violence

Yet you have a higher crime rate (without guns). How do you explain that? Does it not prove the point that guns do not kill people but rather people kill people? Does it not prove that it has made your society "less safe" and more vulnerable to an increase in crimes of rape, murder, etc? Do you understand that gun ownership in America is responsible for "preventing crimes" - home invasions, rapes, murders,robberies - yes, owning guns has been a deterrent to the would be criminal! Think about it.
Source?

And give me a good source, not your fox news or Bierbart or shit like that. Give me something reputable like the Guardian or BBC

Doesn;t change the fact that the USA has more DEATHS by gun versus simple muggings.

Rape lasts a minute. Death by bullet is forever. And the US has WAY more gun DEATHS

Right. Let's try this again. You asked for a valid news source. I gave you one. Now you are using the excuse that these violent crimes are limited to rape? No. Your murder rate is higher than ours - and the reason for it? You don't have guns. Americans do.

The murders in the UK are by knife, machete, other weapons but let me ask you once again - are you any less dead if you have been murdered by a knife, machete, gang murder - beating the elderly to death, etc. Are you any less dead? Think about it.

Our murder rate is 1.2 per 100,000/ Yours is 4.8 per 100,000

Source: List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Get your stats fucking right

Source?

Right. Let's try this again. You asked for a valid news source. I gave you one. Now you are using the excuse that these violent crimes are limited to rape? No. Your murder rate is higher than ours - and the reason for it? You don't have guns. Americans do.

The murders in the UK are by knife, machete, other weapons but let me ask you once again - are you any less dead if you have been murdered by a knife, machete, gang murder - beating the elderly to death, etc. Are you any less dead? Think about it.

Source: List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Source?

I do have them straight and you should find a better source for your own research. Wikipedia doesn't cut it.

Good night!

Source?

I shouldn't have to explain to you how your own system works but for the sake of readers here I will be generous and educate you on how it is done.

In America - the FBI count and report crimes based on initial data. In your own country, they count and report crimes based on the outcome of the investigation and trial. If one were to go by that type of crooked statistical research on homicide - you'd be right. But that is not how it works in the real world. The truth is your homicide rate is far higher than the numbers actually show. There is a way to prove that but I won't be doing it tonight.

The UK is very restrictive in what they report as "murders." Tomorrow I will get you the real data and you can see for yourself. Try not to be so sensitive when being presented with the facts. It doesn't help your credibility, you know. Have a nice evening and leave Wikipedia alone. They are wrong more than they are right. (about everything it seems)

So wikipedia isn't a real source, even though it is clearly backed up by other sources as varied as Daily Kos, Huffington Post, the BBC, etc?

link?

Here is another way the Brits reduce their numbers - keeping them off the records. One wonders how many ways these homicides can be denied to keep the truth from coming out!

The Independent 404

Government figures 'missing' two million violent crimes

By David Barrett, PA Home Affairs Correspondent
Published: 26 June 2007
An extra two million violent crimes a year are committed in Britain than previously thought because of a bizarre distortion in the Government's flagship crime figures, it was claimed yesterday.

A former Home Office research expert said that across all types of crime, three million offences a year are excluded from the British Crime Survey (BCS).

The poll caps the number of times a victim can be targeted by an offender at five incidents a year.

If anyone interviewed for the survey says they have been targeted more than five times a year, the sixth incident and beyond are not included in the BCS.

The authors of a report by think-tank Civitas said the five-crimes limit is " truly bizarre" and "misleading".

Professor Graham Farrell of Loughborough University and the former acting head of the Home Office's Police Research Group, Professor Ken Pease, calculated that if the cap is ignored, the overall number of BCS crimes is more than 14 million rather than the current 11 million a year estimate.

Violent crime is 82 per cent higher at 4.4 million offences compared with 2.4 million in the BCS, the survey claims, including a 156 per cent rise in " acquaintance violence" from 817,000 incidents to 2.1 million.

Domestic violence is 140 per cent higher, up from 357,000 incidents a year to 857,000, the authors said, while there are nearly three million common assaults a year rather than the 1.5 million estimated by the BCS, a rise of 98 per cent.

Burglary is 20 per cent higher than currently estimated, at 877,000 a year, and vandalism is 24 per cent higher, the report calculated.

Robbery is 7 per cent up on the official estimates, or an extra 22,000 crimes bringing the yearly total to 333,000.

"If the people who say they suffered 10 incidents really did, it is capping the series at five that distorts the rate," the authors said.

"It is truly bizarre that the victimisation survey, based as it is on the assumption that people will by and large tell the truth about what happened to them, ... suddenly withdraws its trust in their honesty when what they are told does not chime with their own experience.

"Yet the reality is that some people are very frequently victimised, and that frequent victimisation is what they suffer rather than being an invention or exaggeration."

The cap of five crimes for repeat victims has operated ever since the inception of the BCS in 1981.

Ministers claim the survey - which now polls 40,000 people a year about their experiences of crime, is the most reliable indicator of crime levels,

The authors said: "The unwillingness to believe the facts of chronic victimisation means that crime control, police training and criminal justice action are now substantially misdirected."

In particular, the system means that the most vulnerable people in society may not be getting the police protection they require from repeat offenders, the report said.

Add to this that the actual report for UK homicide back in 2002 was 17.9 percent per million but in order to factor in that the UK only reports homicides that are proven in court and get a guilty plea and the repeat victims exemption - the number should be much, much higher. I'm guessing between 2 and 3 times higher? Why is this done? I believe they are encouraged to reduce those numbers in order to keep up the charade that guns create more violence. Truth be known according to the example of UK crime rate (your own news sources say UK violent Crime is 4 times higher than the USA and some claim 8 times higher using the information I'm providing for you - the untold numbers that are kept off the books) Then people such as yourself from UK post threads such as these hoping no one recognizes the insanity of your position.

The USA is safer than the UK and we have 2nd amendment rights. Now do something constructive and wage a campaign to get the same rights for your own people.

recap:
So in 2007 the UK kept 3 million crimes off the books and in 2015? There is no telling!

Source?

The same guy that doesn't believe Fox news or Brietbart uses Wikipedia. A source that anyone can change. How ironic does it get!

Did you seriously type this? You ignorant twit.

Rape lasts a lifetime. Ask any woman who has suffered at the hands of a rapist.

Ignorance on parade...

Somebody move this thread out of the CDZ so I can freely express my opinion of this fool...

Did you seriously type this? You ignorant twit.

Rape lasts a lifetime. Ask any woman who has suffered at the hands of a rapist.

Ignorance on parade...

Somebody move this thread out of the CDZ so I can freely express my opinion of this fool...

As far as I'm concerned, trolls are fair game - CDZ notwithstanding.

Forum List

Back