A man harasses a woman for wearing a Puerto Rico shirt, saying it's 'un-American'

I think Kittymom is antifa. :D

Meanwhile....antifa cracks me up. All gungho, but hiding their faces. So brave they are. LOL

I hope I'm doing this right. this is my first posting with a video attached. If it doesn't come through, can someone correct it for me?

Thanks

Ohhhh noooo....the guy almost touched her....the nerve.

He got right up in her face and invaded her space in a pavilion she rented. Plus he showed his uneducated ignorance about Puerto Rico.

Yup, and almost touched her. Ummm...rented a pavilion, isn't this a public park, they don't rent pavilions.

Of course they do...all the time. Where do you live where they don't?

California.

Well..I WAS probably going to root for the woman..but..after watching the vid, the dude is drunk (no excuse) but she seems to not be so innocent herself. What did she do BEFORE filming the confrontation to get him all riled to begin with? Betcha it was something for the cops to ignore the whole thing.

I'm curious what it is in the video that makes you think the woman instigated this. I didn't see any sort of instigation on her part.
Yeah. And I am curious as to what happened BEFORE she began to film. Aren't you? Or are you just going to take her word for it since there are never any two sides to any story, right?

I'm not taking anyone's word for anything. What are you talking about?

You made a comment about rooting for the woman, but changing your mind after watching the video, because "she seems to not be so innocent herself." I'm asking what in the video made you think she is not so innocent. I didn't see or hear anything that indicated the woman instigated the incident. Could she have done so before the video? Sure. However, you seem to have decided that she probably did, and I'm wondering why.

The schmuck holding the "love one another" sign deserved to be decked... lol (kidding) But really, not the time or place; I hate when do gooders can't read the appropriateness of a situation.

If liberals can harass people having dinner, shopping in a bookstore or anything else, this man has the same right to harass her.

Apples and oranges. People like Sanders and Bannon are public figures. This woman in a park having her birthday is not a public figure. Asking someone to leave a restaurant isn’t harassment.

I love how whenever a right wing hillbilly gets exposed, Trumpsters start throwing out buzz words like ‘Antifa’. The deflection is so much I may go blind.

If liberals can harass people having dinner, shopping in a bookstore or anything else, this man has the same right to harass her.

Apples and oranges. People like Sanders and Bannon are public figures. This woman in a park having her birthday is not a public figure. Asking someone to leave a restaurant isn’t harassment.
Public figures Are not magically deprived of their rights as ordinary citizens. They have the same rights as birthday girl. Leave the restaurant. Get the fuck out of the park too.

Looked like a public park to me, cops can't really do that because of the 1st.

What does it being a public park have to do with anything? The first amendment is a restriction on the government interfering with a citizen's free speech, it's not carte blanche for someone to verbally abuse or harass another person. And besides, the idiot made this an issue of bias when he made it clear he was harassing her because he thought she was not American. In my state that's considered "malicious" hassment which is a separate crime aside from the harassment statute when the harassment is based on protected class status including harassment directed at interracial couples, same sex couples, or actual or perceived national original (someplace other than "America" as this guy though), religion, due to being an immigrant, etc.

Doesn't the same hold true for people trying to eat their supper in a restaurant?

A man harasses a woman for wearing a Puerto Rico shirt, saying it's 'un-American' - CNN
(CNN)An Illinois park is investigating after a woman accused one of its police officers of standing by as a man harassed her for wearing a shirt with the Puerto Rican flag, saying it was un-American.

Mia Irizarry says she was trying to celebrate her 24th birthday in the Forest Preserves of Cook County last month when the man approached her asking her why she was wearing the sleeveless Puerto Rico flag shirt, which also had "Puerto Rico" written below the V neckline.

Irizarry recorded the encounter on her phone, saying she felt threatened, and posted the video to Facebook.

On Monday, Forest Preserves of Cook County tweeted that it was aware of the June 14 incident and video.

‏"After the incident, we immediately launched an investigation pursuant to our personnel policies into the response of our officer," it said, in a series of posts on Twitter.

"The investigation is ongoing and the officer involved has been assigned to desk duty pending the outcome. The intoxicated individual involved in the incident was arrested and charged with assault and disorderly conduct.​

So my only question is since Puerto Rico is a part of "America" anyone convinced that this wasn't "racism"?
He was your typical pussy ass white Drumpanzee.. Harassing a female.is about as brave as he would get. I cant wait for one of them to slip up and do something like that in my presence. He would have had to have an oral surgeon to rearrange his face after I got through with him..

Well..I WAS probably going to root for the woman..but..after watching the vid, the dude is drunk (no excuse) but she seems to not be so innocent herself. What did she do BEFORE filming the confrontation to get him all riled to begin with? Betcha it was something for the cops to ignore the whole thing.

I'm curious what it is in the video that makes you think the woman instigated this. I didn't see any sort of instigation on her part.
Yeah. And I am curious as to what happened BEFORE she began to film. Aren't you? Or are you just going to take her word for it since there are never any two sides to any story, right?

I'm not taking anyone's word for anything. What are you talking about?

You made a comment about rooting for the woman, but changing your mind after watching the video, because "she seems to not be so innocent herself." I'm asking what in the video made you think she is not so innocent. I didn't see or hear anything that indicated the woman instigated the incident. Could she have done so before the video? Sure. However, you seem to have decided that she probably did, and I'm wondering why.
Me too.

If the woman was carrying she would have at least had a force equalizing assurance that she could protect herself if it came down to violence. In that kind of threatening situation she correctly informed the aggressor that she felt threatened & warned him not to come closer. What happens after that is more on him than on her!

Yup... right Wing gun nuts think we don't have enough people shooting each other over petty disputes.

If the woman was carrying she would have at least had a force equalizing assurance that she could protect herself if it came down to violence. In that kind of threatening situation she correctly informed the aggressor that she felt threatened & warned him not to come closer. What happens after that is more on him than on her!

Yup... right Wing gun nuts think we don't have enough people shooting each other over petty disputes.
I have absolutely no problem with more people dying from defensive GSW's... As long as the perpetrators are the ones bleeding out and it was a justified "good shoot". Our society won't be missing them one bit!!! (obviously this particular situation didn't come all that close to reaching that 'threshold')

Last edited:
Racism is bad, but CNN makes racism worst than murder or rape and CNN is always one sided on racism.

I posted the exact same video from ABC and CBS, but I guess unless it came from FOX, then you will dismiss it.

It's such a small incident that it's not News worthy other than to create racial tensions.

How does it create racial tension? The video is not the best, but I could have sworn that both parties involved were white, if that is even a real thing anymore.

Racism is bad, but CNN makes racism worst than murder or rape and CNN is always one sided on racism.

I posted the exact same video from ABC and CBS, but I guess unless it came from FOX, then you will dismiss it.

It's such a small incident that it's not News worthy other than to create racial tensions.

How does it create racial tension? The video is not the best, but I could have sworn that both parties involved were white, if that is even a real thing anymore.
Really? :laugh:

Are you just playing semantics or are you serious?

The Cook County Commissioner, Jesus Garcia, is going to far with wanting the man to be charged with a hate crime but the guy is still a racist jackass and was completely in the wrong.

I hope I'm doing this right. this is my first posting with a video attached. If it doesn't come through, can someone correct it for me?

Thanks

Ohhhh noooo....the guy almost touched her....the nerve.

He got right up in her face and invaded her space in a pavilion she rented. Plus he showed his uneducated ignorance about Puerto Rico.

Yup, and almost touched her. Ummm...rented a pavilion, isn't this a public park, they don't rent pavilions.

Of course they do...all the time. Where do you live where they don't?

California.

Then you are lying....I live in California and you can rent pavilions at any park I've been to that has them.

Forum List

Back