A man harasses a woman for wearing a Puerto Rico shirt, saying it's 'un-American'

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
A man harasses a woman for wearing a Puerto Rico shirt, saying it's 'un-American' - CNN
(CNN)An Illinois park is investigating after a woman accused one of its police officers of standing by as a man harassed her for wearing a shirt with the Puerto Rican flag, saying it was un-American.

Mia Irizarry says she was trying to celebrate her 24th birthday in the Forest Preserves of Cook County last month when the man approached her asking her why she was wearing the sleeveless Puerto Rico flag shirt, which also had "Puerto Rico" written below the V neckline.

Irizarry recorded the encounter on her phone, saying she felt threatened, and posted the video to Facebook.

On Monday, Forest Preserves of Cook County tweeted that it was aware of the June 14 incident and video.

‏"After the incident, we immediately launched an investigation pursuant to our personnel policies into the response of our officer," it said, in a series of posts on Twitter.

"The investigation is ongoing and the officer involved has been assigned to desk duty pending the outcome. The intoxicated individual involved in the incident was arrested and charged with assault and disorderly conduct.​

So my only question is since Puerto Rico is a part of "America" anyone convinced that this wasn't "racism"?

A man harasses a woman for wearing a Puerto Rico shirt, saying it's 'un-American' - CNN
(CNN)An Illinois park is investigating after a woman accused one of its police officers of standing by as a man harassed her for wearing a shirt with the Puerto Rican flag, saying it was un-American.

Mia Irizarry says she was trying to celebrate her 24th birthday in the Forest Preserves of Cook County last month when the man approached her asking her why she was wearing the sleeveless Puerto Rico flag shirt, which also had "Puerto Rico" written below the V neckline.

Irizarry recorded the encounter on her phone, saying she felt threatened, and posted the video to Facebook.

On Monday, Forest Preserves of Cook County tweeted that it was aware of the June 14 incident and video.

‏"After the incident, we immediately launched an investigation pursuant to our personnel policies into the response of our officer," it said, in a series of posts on Twitter.

"The investigation is ongoing and the officer involved has been assigned to desk duty pending the outcome. The intoxicated individual involved in the incident was arrested and charged with assault and disorderly conduct.​

So my only question is since Puerto Rico is a part of "America" anyone convinced that this wasn't "racism"?

That's just typical of these people. They don't understand things, but they think they know it all.

I saw the clip of this exchange. He was quite far from her. The officer standing by was good enough. After all the cop was not about to tell the man to shut up, and that's an order.

There was nothing wrong with her shirt. It was fine.

Race baiting won't work libs....it just will not trump Trump's economy....sorry but you are wasting your time....

I saw the clip of this exchange. He was quite far from her. The officer standing by was good enough. After all the cop was not about to tell the man to shut up, and that's an order.

I'd prefer she had no shirt at all but..

The cop was put on desk duty and the man arrested.

Harrassment is harrassment no matter who you or your victim are.

If it had been antifa screaming through a bullhorn you can bet it would not have been harrassment.

If it had been antifa screaming through a bullhorn you can bet it would not have been harrassment.

Or hitting her with a bike lock, or spitting in her face, or smacking her with a club, or throwing a brick at her head, or throwing an explosive at her, or knocking her down and kicking her...

All that stuff is *protest*.

But this drunk staggers around and gets pissed because he thinks she's wearing a shirt celebrating some commie country, and OMG OMG OM GOMG OMG OMG

Seriously. I've had worse done to me in the principal's office at the middle school.

Many RWs still don't know PR is part of the US. Like trump, for example.

Remember when trump was lying about Obama being a Muslin, Kenyan, Communist, whatever, RWs then didn't know Hawaii is a state. My bet is that trump didn't either.

Many RWs still don't know PR is part of the US. Like trump, for example.

Remember when trump was lying about Obama being a Muslin, Kenyan, Communist, whatever, RWs then didn't know Hawaii is a state. My bet is that trump didn't either.

All leftwingers lie.
Most are criminal, too.

So Luds, you know that big wig antifa guy who turned out to be a pedo?
Does that mean that most leftwingers are pedos, too?

antifa-leader-rape-678x381.jpg

This guy wasn't even drunk.

Pedophile Antifa Leader Found Guilty Of Raping Underage Girl

Last edited:

Sounds like a TRUMP voter.

But the officer should have told him to leave the woman alone.

Forum List

Back