A Lost Phone Brings a Female ISIS Returnee to Trial for Crimes Against Humanity

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Almost six years have passed since the genocide against the Yazidis, an ethno-religious minority group in Northern Iraq, and one of the first trials against a female ISIS returnee accused of crimes against humanity recently commenced in Hamburg. While some European countries, such as France, have given up on their nationals who joined the so-called Islamic State by letting them face the death penalty in Iraq, Germany is standing by their citizens and taking steps to prosecute them domestically. As the Hamburg judges move forward with the case against Omaima A., they will have to determine whether she is guilty of charges including keeping a 13-year-old Yazidi girl as a slave.

The Case of Omaima A.

On May 4, the trial against the 35-year-old German and Tunisian citizen, Omaima A., began in the Higher Regional Court (Oberlandsgericht) in Hamburg. She is facing multiple charges related to her participation in ISIS.

That's interesting.

Almost six years have passed since the genocide against the Yazidis, an ethno-religious minority group in Northern Iraq, and one of the first trials against a female ISIS returnee accused of crimes against humanity recently commenced in Hamburg. While some European countries, such as France, have given up on their nationals who joined the so-called Islamic State by letting them face the death penalty in Iraq, Germany is standing by their citizens and taking steps to prosecute them domestically. As the Hamburg judges move forward with the case against Omaima A., they will have to determine whether she is guilty of charges including keeping a 13-year-old Yazidi girl as a slave.

The Case of Omaima A.

On May 4, the trial against the 35-year-old German and Tunisian citizen, Omaima A., began in the Higher Regional Court (Oberlandsgericht) in Hamburg. She is facing multiple charges related to her participation in ISIS.

That's interesting.

Here's my opinion:

If here crimes were committed in Iraq then the people of Iraq should be the ones to put her on trial and pass judgment and not Germany.

If the people of Iraq find her guilty then they should be the ones to enforce the punishment they see fit for the crime she committed and not Germany.

Just how I feel...

I might agree with that if there hadn't been such an outcry over the justice system in Iraq. That might make her more of a martyr. She might actually have more of a punishment in Germany than the do-gooders observing Iraq would have allowed.

I might agree with that if there hadn't been such an outcry over the justice system in Iraq. That might make her more of a martyr. She might actually have more of a punishment in Germany than the do-gooders observing Iraq would have allowed.

Here is the issue and Germany putting her on trial and if found guilty will make her a martyr and bring radicals out in her name...

At times it is best to let the individual rot in the region the sworn allegiance too than bring the rot to your soil...

I have no issue with her being hung for her crimes if found guilty but radicals will proclaim her guilt was found by a bias Western Court and not a Muslim held court...

There is that.

In the end I agree with France and let Iraq deal with the ISIS/ISIL terrorists and if their Muslim held courts find those like her guilty then it is their job to issue the punishment but when you have a outside WESTERN Government like Germany trying to impose right from wrong, well have ten thousand year history showing us it is best not to get involved unless we have to!

Forum List

Back