A look back at the World Trade Center.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
This is a historical look back at the Twin Towers, especially for those who never had the opportunity to visit
there, as I had several times. It was truly an amazing place that words can't begin to describe unless you've been there. Being on the roof looking down was easily one the most incredible experiences of my life.

Please no references to what happened 19 years ago . You know how easily triggered us truthers are.

View from the South Tower looking uptown at the Empire State Building in the distance.
World+Trade+Center+-+1980.jpg

This is a historical look back at the Twin Towers, especially for those who never had the opportunity to visit
there, as I had several times. It was truly an amazing place that words can't begin to describe unless you've been there. Being on the roof looking down was easily one the most incredible experiences of my life.

My only thought is that we should have been defiant and built a NEW twin towers even taller and better than the original, complete with rocket canons on top, instead of that stupid weenie memorial with shafts of light bullshit.

It was a special place. I visited there several times. Really enjoyed Windows On the World.
Windows_on_the_world_logo.png
I guess it's impossible to not mention it. I just don't want this thread to be buried under 50 pages of clutter on the conspiracy theory board.

My uncle Bob dated a waitress who worked there and he knows chef Michael Lamonica.
Chef Survived 9/11 by Chance
alg-chef-michael-lomonaco-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
It was a special place. I visited there several times. Really enjoyed Windows On the World.
I guess it's impossible to not mention it. I just don't want this thread to be buried under 50 pages of clutter on the conspiracy theory board.

My uncle Bob dated a waitress who worked there and he knows chef Michael Lamonica.
Great story. I worked for a company that lost about 200 people. I knew a few of them.

Great story. I worked for a company that lost about 200 people. I knew a few of them.
I have tons of NY stories.
My Uncle Bob worked there for Western Union and then for a brokerage firm called Pasternick and Baum, way up on the 86th floor of the North Tower. So ( long story short - I moved there in 1980 after HS and only stayed a couple years )....used to go up and down the elevators all the time, hang out up on the roof ( I've thrown paper airplanes off there back in the summer of '76 on vacation there). He would take me to Windows for lunch sometimes. The sub-levels were cool too....very modern subway station for that time. Used to ride out to Brighton Beach and different places from there.

Just walking around Battery Park seeing the statue, and then the Wall Street area, Central Park, the Village, got to see Larry Bird play at the Garden, caught some Yankees, Mets and Jets games....it was an awesome experience for an 18 year old kid. Was there for the John Lennon memorial at the Park . It all made me street wise for sure-- and this was before 42nd St went 'Disney' if you know what I mean. xxx
everywhere .:disbelief:

Bummer. :cry: Lost two friends in Tower One. I went to the still smoldering ruins two months later while I was there for a memorial service. It was my first trip to NYC. Never actually got to see the towers intact. Sorry for your loss.

My only thought is that we should have been defiant and built a NEW twin towers even taller and better than the original, complete with rocket canons on top, instead of that stupid weenie memorial with shafts of light bullshit.

I believe the idea to do this was called the "Phoenix Plan"

A close friend worked in tower 2 on the 104th floor. When he awoke that morning he was struck by a intense dream, that told him not to go to the office. He didn’t. He was religious before and became more so afterward. He lost many close friends that day.

Dick Cheney won the Oscar for best director didn't he ?

Dick Cheney won the Oscar for best director didn't he ?

Twin Towers 2 - Wikipedia

A close friend worked in tower 2 on the 104th floor. When he awoke that morning he was struck by a intense dream, that told him not to go to the office. He didn’t. He was religious before and became more so afterward. He lost many close friends that day.
Are you sure he isn't a nephew of Larry Silverstein ?
He and his daughter and others magically took that day off too.

Anyway, let's not go there .

Please no references to what happened 19 years ago . You know how easily triggered us truthers are.

View from the South Tower looking uptown at the Empire State Building in the distance.
World+Trade+Center+-+1980.jpg

.....we should bless those terrorists--not torture them ..they found 2 of the most notorious terrorists in Iraq after we went in there..Bush was wrong to go in there, yes?

Forum List

Back