A little school nostalgia for you..........

One thing I don’t miss is the gym uniforms. They were horrendous.

PE class and the way its taught itself is almost completely different. When I was in school we did "sports" and played "games"--like athletic games. The way it's taught now is, the PE teachers find and invent child-friendly games where the kids are engaged in all kinds of physical activities and having a blast. They also stretch, do warm ups, etc--but I HATED gym as a child because I'm just not athletic. But I would have LOVED gym class now because it's just (literally) fun and games! But the kids have to pass my room when they go back to class and they're almost always sweaty!

Oh yeah--no uniforms. Just sneakers! :)

I know you went to school on earth.
yes, but we rode dinosaurs to them back then Unkotare

andreas-kuentzer-dinorider.jpg

~S~

I basically lived in the library….I always had books checked out, best place in the school and we had a good public library too.

I hadn't got online till 2000. any info I got was always from library or newspaper.

PE class and the way its taught itself is almost completely different. When I was in school we did "sports" and played "games"--like athletic games. The way it's taught now is, the PE teachers find and invent child-friendly games where the kids are engaged in all kinds of physical activities and having a blast. They also stretch, do warm ups, etc--but I HATED gym as a child because I'm just not athletic. But I would have LOVED gym class now because it's just (literally) fun and games! But the kids have to pass my room when they go back to class and they're almost always sweaty!

Oh yeah--no uniforms. Just sneakers! :)
I am so glad they improved it. My most hated class ever. I remember being terrified of tumbling and gymnastics and forced to it…I managed to skip almost every class. Now, I still won’t do gymnastics, but as an adult I love general activity like walking and running.

I am so glad they improved it. My most hated class ever. I remember being terrified of tumbling and gymnastics and forced to it…I managed to skip almost every class. Now, I still won’t do gymnastics, but as an adult I love general activity like walking and running.

Coyote, I find that we either use it or lose it, it's hard to start back up too.

Coyote, I find that we either use it or lose it, it's hard to start back up too.
Totally agree, I have as I get older takes so much longer and is much more painful, to get it back. Better to maintain. :)

Forum List

Back