A little more about evolution by the experts.

You can screech that out another 20 trillion times but screeching doesn't make it true.

''....because I say so'', is not a convincing argument. How sad and pitiful for you that crusading conquests and forced religion is a thing of the past.

What is not true? That Christianity teaches there is only one God?

A triune version. Have you not studied your bible'ology?
Not everyone believes in the Trinity. The disciples probably didn't. Either that or the Holy Spirit wants to remain in the shadows, so to speak.

The bible describes four 'ages' represented by precious, and utilitarian metals. We are in the 'iron age', vastly inferior to the bronze (brass) age.
The bronze age came before the iron age. What does that have to do with the myths borrowed from earlier civilizations? The stories are an answer to the question where do we come from.

A triune version. Have you not studied your bible'ology?

What about it? The triune God is one God. One being who exists in three persons. Just because humans aren’t capable of understanding certain things doesn’t mean that those things aren’t true. In the same way that a toddler not understanding calculus doesn’t make calculus untrue.

What about it? The triune God is one God. One being who exists in three persons. Just because humans aren’t capable of understanding certain things doesn’t mean that those things aren’t true. In the same way that a toddler not understanding calculus doesn’t make calculus untrue.
Nothing supernatural about calculus. I took Calc III and could do mathematical proofs. Not so with the gods.

And yes, not understanding certain things makes absolutist claims about certain things meaningless.

Probably the Trinitarians. Recall that the largest religion is nominal Christianity. And most have little bible knowledge.
I suspect the Trinitarians insist that competing sects of Christianity have the least Bible knowledge. Since they have numbers on their side, they must be right.

What makes you think you're right vs. other religions? I see nothing that separates one from another.
Perhaps God reveals himself differently to different people. The way he reveals himself to Muslims or to Hindus wouldn't work very well for westerners. So Christianity is 'right' for me.

I suspect the Trinitarians insist that competing sects of Christianity have the least Bible knowledge. Since they have numbers on their side, they must be right.
Their belief in God is right, the details maybe not so much. The more you study the more you learn. Recall that the biggest Christian sect, the Roman Catholic Church, discourages personal bible study, lest one fall into 'error' or worse, heresy. :omg:

Perhaps God reveals himself differently to different people. The way he reveals himself to Muslims or to Hindus wouldn't work very well for westerners. So Christianity is 'right' for me.
As the Hindu gods are quantitatively different from the Christian gods, that suggests the likelihood of many different gods. But yes, gods are very much a function of geography. They seem to have subdivided the planet into regions of authority.

Their belief in God is right, the details maybe not so much. The more you study the more you learn. Recall that the biggest Christian sect, the Roman Catholic Church, discourages personal bible study, lest one fall into 'error' or worse, heresy. :omg:
Catholics have tradition and scripture which came a little later. I don't think they are wrong. There are many scoundrels in clergy. Look at Hal Lindsey, Tim Lahaye, Scofield, Hagee, Jerry Falwell.

Forum List

Back