Zone1 A list of reasons why most people end up in Hell

Wow... unbelievable! Someone on an internet forum confesses to struggling with a certain sin? You must not have too much pride, eh?

You are a rarity. But I knew that.

Pride tells people they don't need Jesus or if they are following him, pride tells them they don't need to find HIS Church. There is only ONE Church established by Christ and most people don't have a clue where it is. Most people do not appear to CARE either!

No wonder so many people end up in Hell. So says Jesus Himself. So say most of the saints and the ones who don't say.. don't address the topic of how few are saved at all (that I know of)

My gosh! If I can't be honest about my sins to a bunch of total strangers, whom I'll never meet, there must be something wrong with me!

If I can't be honest about my pride, how am I supposed to ever overcome it?

Guess what! I have killed too! I used to work for a doctor who performed abortions, and I assisted the "procedures", disposing of the "products of conception" with my own hands. The guilt of having done so is what gives me any kind of moral authority to say that it's WRONG to kill unborn children.

My gosh! If I can't be honest about my sins to a bunch of total strangers, whom I'll never meet, there must be something wrong with me!

If I can't be honest about my pride, how am I supposed to ever overcome it?

Guess what! I have killed too! I used to work for a doctor who performed abortions, and I assisted the "procedures", disposing of the "products of conception" with my own hands. The guilt of having done so is what gives me any kind of moral authority to say that it's WRONG to kill unborn children.

I'm really sorry you have had that on your conscience. I can't imagine what that's like. I have other things from the past that sometimes worry me, and make it hard to fully forgive myself, but in the last couple decades, i haven't done anything too terrible, haven't done any mortal sins (assuming I know the full definition of Mortal sin)..

Still, I sometimes have a problem letting go of my past sins/mistakes.. I guess that's the Holy Spirit reminding me how ugly sin is.. yep

I'm really sorry you have had that on your conscience. I can't imagine what that's like. I have other things from the past that sometimes worry me, and make it hard to fully forgive myself, but in the last couple decades, i haven't done anything too terrible, haven't done any mortal sins (assuming I know the full definition of Mortal sin)..

Still, I sometimes have a problem letting go of my past sins/mistakes.. I guess that's the Holy Spirit reminding me how ugly sin is.. yep

That's really a sound interpretation -- I think it is indeed the Holy Spirit reminding you of your need to clean up your act and keep it clean.

Thank you for your compassion. I honestly cannot wait to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation for the first time, so I no longer have to carry the weight of this, and my other sins, on my soul.

That's really a sound interpretation -- I think it is indeed the Holy Spirit reminding you of your need to clean up your act and keep it clean.

Thank you for your compassion. I honestly cannot wait to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation for the first time, so I no longer have to carry the weight of this, and my other sins, on my soul.

for some reason I htought maybe you had gone to confession already.

Yeh, I hope you find a compassionate, listening priest! Those impatient, rude, uncaring ones really turned me off of confession, another complaint I have about the NO church, in fact one of the biggest ones.

I need to go myself, even though no mortal sin. I remember this one confession years and years ago and the priest was just awesome and when I left him, I felt like a new person. Of course I still had to expiate the damage caused by the sin I confessed, but in time that happened...

for some reason I htought maybe you had gone to confession already.

Yeh, I hope you find a compassionate, listening priest! Those impatient, rude, uncaring ones really turned me off of confession, another complaint I have about the NO church, in fact one of the biggest ones.

I need to go myself, even though no mortal sin. I remember this one confession years and years ago and the priest was just awesome and when I left him, I felt like a new person. Of course I still had to expiate the damage caused by the sin I confessed, but in time that happened...

Wow! That's why I so look forward to it! The feeling of peace and having cleansed one's soul that I think you get from a good confessor!

The priest at the church I go to would be a good one, and there's another priest I've met who is okay with helping me in the process -- a wonderful, cheerful man who really gives the feeling that you are the only person in the world!

There's another one in my pastorate -- confessing to him would be like confessing to a combination of Howdy-Doody and a squirrel on too much caffeine. YECHH!!!!!!!

Wow! That's why I so look forward to it! The feeling of peace and having cleansed one's soul that I think you get from a good confessor!

The priest at the church I go to would be a good one, and there's another priest I've met who is okay with helping me in the process -- a wonderful, cheerful man who really gives the feeling that you are the only person in the world!

There's another one in my pastorate -- confessing to him would be like confessing to a combination of Howdy-Doody and a squirrel on too much caffeine. YECHH!!!!!!!

I guess that would be the liberal one?

Are you now named Emoji? LOL

Howdy doody was always creepy to me... I hope you don't have a priest you see as creepy?

But I've known a couple

I guess that would be the liberal one?

Are you now named Emoji? LOL

Howdy doody was always creepy to me... I hope you don't have a priest you see as creepy?

But I've known a couple

That would be the liberal one. I get nothing out of his masses because I can't understand a jabbering word he says! It's all theater.

I guess I am emoji now. But I think someone decided to shut their mouth.

you cant blaspheme the holy ghost because Jesus is not on earth; secondly you dont even know what it means.
XXXXXXXXXXX Jesus is with us in His Church. I'm sorry you are not in the True Church but you could be and you're just not interested, apparently. So how is that my fault (to the point u feel compelled to insult me w/ every post? What's that all about?)

You have deep seated issues. You don't know how to interact civilly with others... I guess it's an anger problem
Mod Edit Deleted 1st sentence for zone 1 compliance. White 6

Last edited by a moderator:
Irish ram shuts his her mouth?

Really?

could have fooled me.. But I ignore (small i) because I've heard it all b4 from these anti-Catholics and frankly, I've never seen such stubborn, closed-minded people! I mean, it still blows me away after all thse years dealing w/ them (or not)

The hubris of someone thinking they have the right to tell me how I can or cannot pray is good comedic theater. Especially when they have never bothered to seriously try my way.

Wow... unbelievable! Someone on an internet forum confesses to struggling with a certain sin? You must not have too much pride, eh?

You are a rarity. But I knew that.

Pride tells people they don't need Jesus or if they are following him, pride tells them they don't need to find HIS Church. There is only ONE Church established by Christ and most people don't have a clue where it is. Most people do not appear to CARE either!

No wonder so many people end up in Hell. So says Jesus Himself. So say most of the saints and the ones who don't say.. don't address the topic of how few are saved at all (that I know of)
The only Saint I know of who says most people go to Heaven was Padre Pio. That's always puzzled me, because that seems to go against everybody else's statement, including Jesus'

The only Saint I know of who says most people go to Heaven was Padre Pio. That's always puzzled me, because that seems to go against everybody else's statement, including Jesus'

Padre Pio was quite a mystery. I've got a couple of good books about him and I'm doing my best to learn what he was about.

I just get a smack in the head every time every time I look at a picture of the man. He just glows.

Maybe that is why he was in Purgatory one hour b4 going to Heaven... How anyone knows that is beyond me but he is wrong on that.. WAS

1 They don't think they need Jesus
2 don't think they need His Church (any old "church" will do)
3 don't think they have to change their ways much
4 don't de-program themselves from the filth of the world
5 too buddy-buddy with the evil one and his system
6 they blaspheme the Holy Spirit by rejecting Christ's Narrow Way
7 Following Jesus is too hard
8 can't stand the thought of giving up their "friends" who don't like Jesus freaks, so called
9 and I'm sure there are many other reasons

The only reason one doesn't get to heaven is because they died in their sin, without receiving the gift of salvation.

Some of the things on your list could be reasons why people never accepted God / forgiveness.... but they're not the reason they ultimately didn't get to heaven.

It's much more simple than you make it out to be.

It simply boils down to whether or not one is saved... and has gone from death to life. (John 5:24)

If they have, then their name is written in the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:15, Revelation 21:27, Philippians 4:3, etc.)

The hubris of someone thinking they have the right to tell me how I can or cannot pray is good comedic theater. Especially when they have never bothered to seriously try my way.

That's protestantism for ya...

The Bible says that PRESUMPTION is like the sin of idolatry.. or was it divination? Probably both.

1 They don't think they need Jesus
2 don't think they need His Church (any old "church" will do)
3 don't think they have to change their ways much
4 don't de-program themselves from the filth of the world
5 too buddy-buddy with the evil one and his system
6 they blaspheme the Holy Spirit by rejecting Christ's Narrow Way
7 Following Jesus is too hard
8 can't stand the thought of giving up their "friends" who don't like Jesus freaks, so called
9 and I'm sure there are many other reasons
This level of arrogance leaves many , who regard Cult Christianity as very misguided "Baby"thinking , as very silly and tacky .
You alienate people unnecessarily . It encourages us to belittle you as pests and rather simple .
Just go and live what you believe in quietly and without pestering those who have better things to contemplate .

The only reason one doesn't get to heaven is because they died in their sin, without receiving the gift of salvation.
Believe what you wish , but stop preaching what others find simple and silly .
You are a pest and irritant .
Just agree to disagree and shut up . .

Believe what you wish , but stop preaching what others find simple and silly .
You are a pest and irritant .
Just agree to disagree and shut up . .

This is the religion section. This is the type of thing that people talk about here.

I'm not the one who started this thread. I was merely responding to it.

If this type of discussion bothers you so much, then you don't have to read and participate in it. :)

You would have to put your two cents in...
If men don’t ejaculate frequently their chances of prostate cancer go up. Masturbation counts if it leads to ejaculation.

snip

The Harvard ejaculation study​

The Health Professionals Follow-Up Study has been collecting information about a large group of volunteers since 1986. All the men are health care providers, including dentists, pharmacists, veterinarians, optometrists, ophthalmologists, and podiatrists. Most are white. In 1992, 29,342 men between the ages of 46 and 81 provided information about their average number of ejaculations per month in young adulthood (age 20–29), middle age (40–49), and in the most recent year. Ejaculations included sexual intercourse, nocturnal emissions, and masturbation. The volunteers provided comprehensive health and lifestyle data every two years until the study concluded in 2000.

The scientists found no evidence that frequent ejaculations mark an increased risk of prostate cancer. In fact, the reverse was true: High ejaculation frequency was linked to a decreased risk. Compared to men who reported 4–7 ejaculations per month across their lifetimes, men who ejaculated 21 or more times a month enjoyed a 31% lower risk of prostate cancer. And the results held up to rigorous statistical evaluation even after other lifestyle factors and the frequency of PSA testing were taken into account.

If men don’t ejaculate frequently their chances of prostate cancer go up. Masturbation counts if it leads to ejaculation.

snip

The Harvard ejaculation study

The Health Professionals Follow-Up Study has been collecting information about a large group of volunteers since 1986. All the men are health care providers, including dentists, pharmacists, veterinarians, optometrists, ophthalmologists, and podiatrists. Most are white. In 1992, 29,342 men between the ages of 46 and 81 provided information about their average number of ejaculations per month in young adulthood (age 20–29), middle age (40–49), and in the most recent year. Ejaculations included sexual intercourse, nocturnal emissions, and masturbation. The volunteers provided comprehensive health and lifestyle data every two years until the study concluded in 2000.

The scientists found no evidence that frequent ejaculations mark an increased risk of prostate cancer. In fact, the reverse was true: High ejaculation frequency was linked to a decreased risk. Compared to men who reported 4–7 ejaculations per month across their lifetimes, men who ejaculated 21 or more times a month enjoyed a 31% lower risk of prostate cancer. And the results held up to rigorous statistical evaluation even after other lifestyle factors and the frequency of PSA testing were taken into account.
I wonder though if they took into account other potential causes like food intake, the environment or other things that may cause cancer.

Forum List

Back