A Lesson for India in a Fog So Thick It Could Kill a Cow

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/h...=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nythealth&smtyp=cur&_r=0
In December 1873, London was blanketed for a week in a yellow fog so thick that people could not see their feet. “Ladies & gentlemen,” Mark Twain said in a public lecture at the time, “I hear you, & so know that you are here — & I am here, too, notwithstanding I am not visible.”

Some 780 people died and 50 prize cattle on display at the Smithfield Club panted, wheezed and eventually died of asphyxia. Still, it took 83 more years of noxious air before the country passed the Clean Air Act in 1956.

This history, described in “London Fog: The Biography,” is a lesson in just how difficult it is for governments to put public health first when it comes into conflict with economic development, the political power of industry and even the polluting habits of their people.

The government of India is up against all of those things. The capital, New Delhi, a sprawling city of 20 million, just lived through an extraordinary episode of air pollution that closed schools for three days. India is one of a number of middle-income countries, including China, grappling with pollution problems that have ballooned along with economic growth and rapidly expanding cities.

A decade ago, the scope of the problem was poorly understood because the numbers on air pollution levels and deaths were spotty. But that has changed. Satellites have given scientists far more detailed pictures, allowing them to perform ever more precise calculations.

Same thing could be said about China. I post this post to remind people within America that government regulations on air, water and food is very much needed to remain intact. Not to do so would surely send us backwards.

Same thing could be said about China. I post this post to remind people within America that government regulations on air, water and food is very much needed to remain intact. Not to do so would surely send us backwards.

No one is talking about making serious changes to EPA policy that would lead to a degraded environment.

The MMGW hoax will not be supported (I hope) and the asinine direction the EPA went while the meat puppet faggot was in office needs to be reversed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/h...=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nythealth&smtyp=cur&_r=0
In December 1873, London was blanketed for a week in a yellow fog so thick that people could not see their feet. “Ladies & gentlemen,” Mark Twain said in a public lecture at the time, “I hear you, & so know that you are here — & I am here, too, notwithstanding I am not visible.”

Some 780 people died and 50 prize cattle on display at the Smithfield Club panted, wheezed and eventually died of asphyxia. Still, it took 83 more years of noxious air before the country passed the Clean Air Act in 1956.

This history, described in “London Fog: The Biography,” is a lesson in just how difficult it is for governments to put public health first when it comes into conflict with economic development, the political power of industry and even the polluting habits of their people.

The government of India is up against all of those things. The capital, New Delhi, a sprawling city of 20 million, just lived through an extraordinary episode of air pollution that closed schools for three days. India is one of a number of middle-income countries, including China, grappling with pollution problems that have ballooned along with economic growth and rapidly expanding cities.

A decade ago, the scope of the problem was poorly understood because the numbers on air pollution levels and deaths were spotty. But that has changed. Satellites have given scientists far more detailed pictures, allowing them to perform ever more precise calculations.

Here is what you don't understand, Matthew. The clean air acts will make it worse. India, like China would get to pollute as much as they want while we are placed on restriction, so the same amount of discharge is emitted, but in a different location. And it is our coal resource that they are buying dirt cheap, while we have none, even though we have systems here to clean the particles out.

Well now, don't sell coal to either nation. In fact, simply stop the mining of coal in the US. We don't need it, and the use of it in other nations directly harms us.

duh..........why do you people get angst about shit you cant control? Never get that?

India and China are going to be increasing coal use by......ready for this.........50% by 2050. There isn't dick any of us can do about it...........

No use having your head explode about shit that's certain.......

And by the way.........when people see folks willing to dick themselves in the ass with regulations and high cost renewable energy and higher taxes while the rest of the world goes big fog........it really does reek of an inability to connect the dots. People say, "WTF?........this makes no sense?" Which leads them to conclude an agenda is at play.

duh.........the religion needs to hire that company, YOURMARKETINGSUCKS.COM

Last edited:

Forum List

Back