A harsh lesson in the reality of COVID-19

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
From a Trump conservative. This is definitely worth a read, virus-deniers and hoax enthusiasts:

For Tony Green, the coronavirus pandemic was just a ‘scamdemic’ — until truth hit home hard
Tony-Green.jpg
Imagine the sound and vibration of an old-fashioned electric heater going through your whole body. Imagine gasping for air with every step you take. Imagine rubbing Icy Hot all over your head to soothe a painful headache. Imagine your eyes in a bowl of water while you’re still seeing through them. Imagine collapsing and waking up in the ER only to find out COVID-19 attacked your central nervous system, and the doctor had just saved you from a stroke.

If that were the worst of it, it would be bad enough. But that’s not the worst of it. This is the story of one family’s harrowing fight with COVID-19.

I admit I voted for Donald Trump in 2016. I admit traveling deep into the conspiracy trap over COVID-19. All the defiant behavior of Trump’s more radical and rowdy cult followers, I participated in it. I was a hard-ass that stood up for my “God-given rights.”

In great haste, I began prognosticating the alphabet soup about this “scamdemic.” I believed the virus to be a hoax. I believed the mainstream media and the Democrats were using it to create panic, crash the economy and destroy Trump’s chances at re-election.

And so, believing the pandemic to be a hoax, my partner and I hosted family members on Saturday, June 13. On Sunday, June 14, I woke up sick.

By Monday, June 15, my partner and my parents were all sick. That same Monday, my in-laws traveled to witness the birth of their first grandchild. They took with them my father-in-law’s mother and one of my partner’s sisters. That night my father-in-law became ill. Then my mother-in-law and their daughter began feeling sick. So they cut their trip short.

Two days later, my father-in-law’s mother got sick. The new mommy and daddy got sick, too. We all tested positive for COVID-19. Only the newborn was spared.

My father-in-law and I both went to the hospital on June 24. The virus had attacked my central nervous system, and the staff stopped me from having a stroke.

My father-in-law’s mother was admitted a day later. On July 1, she died of COVID-19/pneumonia. The chaplain wanted the family to break the news to my father-in-law, and he learned how his mother lay on her deathbed and then drifted off without any family by her side, even though he was in the room next to hers.

On the day of her funeral, which was July 14, five more of our family members tested positive for the virus. That evening, my father-in-law was put on a ventilator.

You have to take this virus thing seriously, and quit calling it a hoax.

Simply burying your head in the sand and saying "hoax" is probably the worst way to handle this problem. But, I understand why so many people are saying it's a hoax, because Trump told them it was a hoax.

What is the point of this thread? As it stands this virus has a 99% survival rate.

I heard the kids at St Jude are rolling their eyes at the way the grown ups are acting.

Simply burying your head in the sand and saying "hoax" is probably the worst way to handle this problem. But, I understand why so many people are saying it's a hoax, because Trump told them it was a hoax.

Dumbass fucking shithead Trump never said it was a hoax. Even snopes says so so FUCK OFF.

Trump did not say in the passage above that the virus itself was a hoax. He instead said that Democrats’ criticism of his administration’s response to it was a hoax.

It's a bug that can be problematic for a specific cross section of the population.

The hoax has been the bleating of millions of deaths and lockdowns.

From a Trump conservative. This is definitely worth a read, virus-deniers and hoax enthusiasts:

For Tony Green, the coronavirus pandemic was just a ‘scamdemic’ — until truth hit home hard
Tony-Green.jpg
Imagine the sound and vibration of an old-fashioned electric heater going through your whole body. Imagine gasping for air with every step you take. Imagine rubbing Icy Hot all over your head to soothe a painful headache. Imagine your eyes in a bowl of water while you’re still seeing through them. Imagine collapsing and waking up in the ER only to find out COVID-19 attacked your central nervous system, and the doctor had just saved you from a stroke.

If that were the worst of it, it would be bad enough. But that’s not the worst of it. This is the story of one family’s harrowing fight with COVID-19.

Please tell me you don't think there are no virus deniers on the left.

Please don't out yourself as being that stupid.

I admit I voted for Donald Trump in 2016. I admit traveling deep into the conspiracy trap over COVID-19. All the defiant behavior of Trump’s more radical and rowdy cult followers, I participated in it. I was a hard-ass that stood up for my “God-given rights.”

In great haste, I began prognosticating the alphabet soup about this “scamdemic.” I believed the virus to be a hoax. I believed the mainstream media and the Democrats were using it to create panic, crash the economy and destroy Trump’s chances at re-election.

And so, believing the pandemic to be a hoax, my partner and I hosted family members on Saturday, June 13. On Sunday, June 14, I woke up sick.

By Monday, June 15, my partner and my parents were all sick. That same Monday, my in-laws traveled to witness the birth of their first grandchild. They took with them my father-in-law’s mother and one of my partner’s sisters. That night my father-in-law became ill. Then my mother-in-law and their daughter began feeling sick. So they cut their trip short.

Two days later, my father-in-law’s mother got sick. The new mommy and daddy got sick, too. We all tested positive for COVID-19. Only the newborn was spared.

My father-in-law and I both went to the hospital on June 24. The virus had attacked my central nervous system, and the staff stopped me from having a stroke.

My father-in-law’s mother was admitted a day later. On July 1, she died of COVID-19/pneumonia. The chaplain wanted the family to break the news to my father-in-law, and he learned how his mother lay on her deathbed and then drifted off without any family by her side, even though he was in the room next to hers.

On the day of her funeral, which was July 14, five more of our family members tested positive for the virus. That evening, my father-in-law was put on a ventilator.

His response was to have a party ????

OMG

Tony-Green.jpg

No one claimed there weren’t.

Your deflection attempt has failed. :lol:

Tony-Green.jpg

But you had to make this about republicans or trump lovers.

Got it.

My deflection failed ?

I asked a question.

Your answer tells me your thread is a failure.

OMG
No, his response was to follow his president’s lead and not take it seriously.

You can’t read - that’s it, right? You’re functionally illiterate? It would explain the wingnuttery - to an extent...

OMG
No, his response was to follow his president’s lead and not take it seriously.

You can’t read - that’s it, right? You’re functionally illiterate? It would explain the wingnuttery - to an extent...

His president took it seriously.

This guy missed something along the way.

Unless, of course, he lives in New York where they sure as hell didn't take it seriously.

Tony-Green.jpg

But you had to make this about republicans or trump lovers.

Got it.

My deflection failed ?

I asked a question.

Your answer tells me your thread is a failure.
They’re the ones who are not taking it seriously, not social distancing, refusing to wear masks, and becoming raging Karens when anyone asks them to think about other people for once in their miserable lives.

Name ONE Democrat in the federal government who has been a vocal denier, or who has acting like man-baby Trumpers have.

Forum List

Back