A Hard Silence to Break: LGBT Vietnamese Struggle for Understanding

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020

I have noticed in East Asian families seem very traditional, compared to White American families and such.

I wonder though why the LGBT right groups don't start advocating for LGBT rights in East Asian communites as well?

i'm part Asian myself.

I have noticed in East Asian families seem very traditional, compared to White American families and such.

I wonder though why the LGBT right groups don't start advocating for LGBT rights in East Asian communites as well?

i'm part Asian myself.
Yes, lets spread mental disorders all over the world...

i'm part Asian myself.
Thank you for the interesting article that you linked to.

The sentence that jumped out at me was the one that said Vietnamese Americans may be more offended by gay relations than people in Vietnam itself are.

Yes, I have read that gay relations in Vietnam are not that taboo so long as one does not publicly flaunt it.

The sentence that jumped out at me was the one that said Vietnamese Americans may be more offended by gay relations than people in Vietnam itself are.

Yes, I have read that gay relations in Vietnam are not that taboo so long as one does not publicly flaunt it.
What do you consider "flaunting"?

Perhaps talking about it in public.

Perhaps demanding the right to hold pride parades.

Perhaps demanding gay marriage.

I understand that in some Asian nations, two young men holding hands while walking down the street does not bother anyone. It is socially acceptable for two straight friends to do so.

Maybe a member who was in Vietnam during the war can tell us what he (or she) observed.

i'm part Asian myself.
i have real problems to deal with sorry

Yup.

I just saw a thing that the majority of Vietnamese Americans are Christian

While in Vietnam the largest seem to be folk belief/irreligion.

Being that you are a fudge packer, you just cant pull your head out of another man's ass.

A man really must be a loser who just cant seem to find that woman right for him. That the loser must go after some other loser who is out there feeling sorry in today's Feminazi world where women want real men, not some progressive pussy pajama boy.

american-manhood.jpg

Forum List

Back